Author Topic: A New Era  (Read 4725 times)

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
A New Era
« on: 2011-08-15 22:11:42 »
Lately I've felt like the forums a much different place than they were when I first became active here about a year or so ago.  With the influx of new and productive members, certain long-time members becoming reanimated, and the departure of a few noteworthy members, combined with the new layout, it seems like we are in the midst of a new stage of evolution.  Call it boredom, but all of this just made me wonder how is everyone?  I have a week off from responsiblity and am just taking the week to spend some time with my family and play through the completed portion of Revisited.  Everyone still making good progress on mods?  Newborns growing up to be healthy toddlers?  No one planning any mass exterminations anytime soon?

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: A New Era
« Reply #1 on: 2011-08-16 12:31:47 »
Well my daughter is finally starting to crawl around, so very busy childproofing the house.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #2 on: 2011-08-16 13:16:17 »
My first child is about to be born (around 4 weeks away) so I've been busy re-doing the interior of my house.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-08-16 15:13:14 »
Good luck to each of you.  Tried childproofing the house before I started babysitting my niece...took care of sharp edges and electrical outlets, but she just started playing with things that aren't dangerous unless their in the hands of a 3 year old.  No harm came from it though  :)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-08-16 17:23:21 »
Children will find a way to get into trouble one way or another. As long as you cover the electrical outlets and keep anything obviously dangerous out of reach (mostly power tools and kitchen appliances), you've basically done what's most important.

Sharp edges are surprisingly less dangerous than flat surfaces. A kid can avoid the side of the bookcase just fine, but then they'll headbutt the front door.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-08-17 17:06:14 »
I actually thought of you the other weekend LostWing. I went to a wedding out in Butler. I had a great time out there.

sl  I would try to put child locks on all low cupboard doors. My neice (2) loves going into the kitchen and opening the doors she can reach (which can include cleaning agents). Dangers aside, it's also annoying to come into a room and find everything from the low cupboards all over the floor!

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-08-17 17:28:45 »
Already on it. Plus I am building some doors right now for my custom entertainment center to keep her out of all the goodies in there. From what my dad told me was that I liked to put sandwiches in the vcr as a kid, so I think I will play it safe.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-08-17 17:42:40 »
Awww Opine, you're thinking of me  :D  Glad you had a good time, I've actually only been backk in Butler for a few days.  I spend most of the year in Erie  :cry:

Sandwhiches in the VCR, lmao.  Little sl:  "A perfect fit!"

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #8 on: 2011-08-17 18:42:24 »
Sandwiches..... that is definitely something I hadn't considered.... Oh well. VCRs went the way of the Commodore some years back. My children may never know the glory days of magnetic tape-based media. :(

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-08-17 19:28:21 »
Commodore isn't dead!
They still make computers.  There's even a new version of the Commodore 64 available.
Commodore Gaming Computers
Commodore 64 for 2011

From my experience, cake works very well when converting a VCR into a roach motel.

nfitc1

• View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #10 on: 2011-08-17 21:22:27 »
Commodore isn't dead!
They still make computers.  There's even a new version of the Commodore 64 available.
Commodore Gaming Computers
Commodore 64 for 2011

This is the best news I've heard in years!!

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-08-17 23:26:42 »
@Opine:  yes it is several hours later..  I was smoking a cig and I had this random thought about you at a wedding just asking random guests, "Hey are you Lostwing?" And them being like, "Uhh...who are you?"  lol.  just had to post that thought.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-08-18 13:08:07 »
@Opine:  yes it is several hours later..  I was smoking a cig and I had this random thought about you at a wedding just asking random guests, "Hey are you Lostwing?" And them being like, "Uhh...who are you?"  lol.  just had to post that thought.

lulz, no I didn't. I did think it'd be a weird coincidence if you were there. But since my friend's not actually from Butler (they just liked the venue better than alternatives in Allegheny) I figured it highly unlikely!