Author Topic: Mini games  (Read 3037 times)

Skitrel

Mini games
« on: 2012-02-22 22:54:22 »
Hi guys,

I'm running a bunch of mods in my game and I'm having issues with mini games in FF7 PC, just exited Midgar and the bike scene lasted LITERALLY 5 seconds, not playable at all, must have been 20times normal speed.

Did a bit of research and searches and find all sorts of answers here, a lot of very old posts as well as some newer. Is there a tried and tested safe fix for this that's going to be compatible with what I've got running? I'm using Aali's graphics patch to get the game working in the first place, some big models patch that came in the form of U0001.exe or something along with the Ficedula music patch. Possibly an fmv one too though I forget exactly what I've got on, tried a few things before settling on what works for me.

Asking now, before I get to saucer, so I can hopefully solve this before it's an actual problem for me. What's the most up to date method for dealing with this?

Please explain in detail, like I'm 5 so I don't have to ask further questions. I'm not entirely clued up on this whole modding business. Really enjoying playing the game again with the better models etc though. Freshens it up a little. You guys do good work here.

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
Re: Mini games
« Reply #1 on: 2012-02-22 23:16:40 »
Welcome Skitrel,
  • Read this topic Minigames Broken [FIXED]

• Check your ff7_opengl.cfg file:

enable_vsync = yes

minigame_framelimiter = on

Skitrel

« Reply #2 on: 2012-02-22 23:58:15 »
I did read that post but found it rather confusing/wasn't sure what to do after reading through it, or even whether it was entirely relevant to my problem. Bit technical I thought.

Anyway, you mention those changes to make, both are already set to ON apparently.  :-(

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-02-23 00:25:45 »
Sorry for confusing you.  ;D

These minigames, which run to fast, are WIP (Work In Progress).

I searched on Qhimm for relevant topics.
This is what i found:

Hey DLPB,you think you can add the bike minigame framelimiter like a option for m005?I don't know why all minigames work in the right fps with graphics driver 0.7.11 but the bike minigame runs too fast,and you've applied some code of dziugo like a option for menu overhaul,so i think you could make this like a option too.

The bike minigame fix would have to come from aali..  If it isn't there already...  He deals with those fixes.

Just to add to this: It seems on some graphics cards, this still doesn't fix it. My computer has both an NVidia one and an integrated Intel one which it somehow can run both of at once; it works fine on the NVidia but still goes psycho on the Intel (however, the NVidia seems to blink the screen every 20 mins or so for a half a second...)

Bike Mini game speed fix!!   06/09/2004

Without warranty !
   Don't forget to backup your file(s) !

Mini Games Patcher - BETA release   09/08/2005

Please let me know if the last two topics worked for you.