Author Topic: First Post: Appreciation  (Read 1842 times)

WhiteWing

First Post: Appreciation
« on: 2012-03-21 15:25:44 »
Hi there everyone.

I'm relatively new to the modding community, and modding as a whole: in fact the only kind of modding i had undertaken before this was for Baldurs Gate 2. I was oblivious, and surprised, by the amount of people who, quite frankly, make casual gamers dreams a reality by taking their most treasured, favorite games and making it better, into how they envision it could be. So first, id like to thank each and every person who's taken time out of their own lives in order to do this. You've taken my favorite game, which to this day i still played on my PS version, and improved it graphically, textually and tweaked/fixed things to make gameplay more challenging and fun.

I'd also like to thank those who had made threads explaining everything in such detail so that even someone like me who has little to no knowledge of intricate procedures like this could get down to the knitty gritty of it all. Without such instructions and advice, I'd have never gotten as far as I have and will continue to go.

I find it unfortunate that some of the links no longer work, as it would have been nice to have gotten hold of some of the work others have done that have since been taken down for one reason or another. I hope in time they're put back up or I'm able to find them somewhere in the vast, dark reaches of the internet.

Anyway, I'm going back to mod searching for Final Fantasy 7. It feels like I've done so much already yet theres so much more to do in order to make the game up to par with the changes already made.

I do have one question though, while I'll ask here instead of a whole new post in case it comes across as noobish. Is there an up-to-date, comprehensive list of working mods? And who would I go to to request something if i can't find a mod that does a particular thing? (Oh how I wish i could do it myself, alas, I don't have the skill: a failed 2 years in a computer games design course in university proved that to me  ;D)

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
Re: First Post: Appreciation
« Reply #1 on: 2012-03-22 00:14:50 »
Welcome WhiteWing,

here you can find all what you need:            Final Fantasy VII - The Big List of Mods

If you want to check your downloaded files: TestFiles

Bootleg installation documentation:              Easy installing mods to FFVII with Bootleg

If you have problems you should go there:   Bootleg Configurator and FF7 Mod Installation

I hope you have read the rules:                    RULES

Have fun :)