Author Topic: Never seen this error  (Read 1547 times)

darkflare81

Never seen this error
« on: 2012-05-28 16:26:24 »
Ok so first of all I am completely new to the forums but not FF7 and have been playing it on and off for the past maybe 5 years.

I have never had any issues with my trusty disc until recently when I accidently dropped it and it finally got a scratch on it. For a fanboy like my world came tumbling down but thankfully it worked HOWEVER I decided it was time to switch to isos and store my discs away.

Doing some research I found a tutorial (actually several) that outlined the correct way to mount the iso and change the registry keys. I found it quite easy to do and thought I was in the clear so I decided to install the bootleg configurator and try out the avalanche overhaul and other various mods for the first time ever. Followed the instructions and had no errors in the program but when I went to start it up I got this weird error where it would start up and there would be a black box in the leftmost corner like its about to start but then I get an error that says "error cannot read from log file". and then I get the ff7.exe has stopped working crap that windows 7 does. Has anyone ever encountered this? I thought it was the mods so I did a clean install and still nothing.... same error. HERE IS THE WEIRD THING. It works... and it only works when I use ficedulas music mod and start it from there.. I get the error but it still starts up and all the mods work perfectly (except the battle scenes are screwed up from the time your supposed to fight hos12 and you end up fighting the heligunner... I think its the kernel and scene.bin). Has ANYONE ever encountered such a strange thing as that error??? I will continue to work with it but I honestly am at a loss.... Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S sorry for the long post I just wanted to  make sure everything was explained.                                 
« Last Edit: 2012-05-28 17:38:03 by darkflare81 »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Re: Never seen this error
« Reply #1 on: 2012-05-28 20:10:13 »
Ermm you sure you installed it correctly like with Maximum install (not to include any of the codecs that comes with it) and Ran as Administrator when you load the Bootleg Program with the UAC and virus disabled?

darkflare81

Re: Never seen this error
« Reply #2 on: 2012-05-29 01:48:53 »
I don't know how it happened but I just redid everything including making new isos and now everything is working like a charm.