Author Topic: [FF7] Creating Usable Holy Spell  (Read 2903 times)

RPD490

• View Profile
[FF7] Creating Usable Holy Spell
« on: 2013-08-06 19:25:53 »
Hello

I remember playing one mod for VII, that incorporated the Holy spell, which I thought was awesome in so many ways. However since I am using Bootleg, none of the mods I got had Holy as a usable spell in it and I want that experience again. I remember that the animation for it kinda of resembled the North Star enemy attack, I can't be sure, but does anyone have a good idea on how to create a new spell over one that exists, or know how to create one from scratch cuz my knowledge on modding FFVII games, is little to none. XD

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: [FF7] Creating Usable Holy Spell
« Reply #1 on: 2013-08-06 20:33:10 »
I'm going to let someone more familiar with bootleg to answer more thoroughly, but this is the basic answer.
You can use WallMarket to this end.

1. Load WallMarket and open the active KERNEL.BIN
2. Find a spell you want to overwrite (any of the Magic spells, or an E.Skill)
3. Edit it to your liking. You can change any property and even rename it (double-click on the entry to rename it). NOTE: any change you make to a magic spell or E.Skill will allow an enemy that uses that spell/skill to access it as well.
4. If you edited a magic add it to a materia. The readme has examples on how to do this.

Bootleg may have multiple KERNEL.BINs so it's important to know which one you're using and make sure WM is modifying that one.

RPD490

• View Profile
Re: [FF7] Creating Usable Holy Spell
« Reply #2 on: 2013-08-06 22:05:05 »
Actually I found it XD I dun know how I missed it. Now I gotta find the right camera angle for it and the right animation for it. Kinda of remembered it resembling an attack where a blue sphere appears and has a crystal inside of it and lightning bolts go into the ground around it. Right now Im using the Southern Cross animation for it until I find that attack that causes the animation above.

Okay I think it resembled Stardust March, but I could be wrong, for all I know, it could be Stardust March, that is mixed with another animation, if making a custom animation for a attack and spell is possible.

UPDATE: ATOMIC RAY thats what it was! Now Im good.
« Last Edit: 2013-08-07 00:14:20 by RPD490 »