Author Topic: ...Program Files\Windows Multimedia Platform using 99% of the GPU  (Read 12113 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Suddenly I faced some major slowdown with my pc today and after hours of searching I located a process running with the name "Services and Controller app.exe" inside my Program Files\Windows Multimedia Platform. After terminating that process everything worked as before. I renamed the exe file just in case that happens again but I'm wondering if this process is needed. I don't remember installing it and i can't find any uninstall to run... Scanned with avg but didn't find anything... Any ideas? Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2014-03-02 02:17:41 by LeonhartGR »

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Ok I experienced a sudden shut down at the time avg was reporting some files as viruses while they were not... I turned on the process again to test how it goes until tomorrow...

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
I would suggest trying a scan with MalWareBytes. Sorry you're having this issue  :-(

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Already did and removed 2 malware reports... But nothing else other than that.... I'll scan again... :/

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
I woke up to find that my stream was disconnected with a pretty message in my inbox...:
"Hello leonhartgr_justin,

This is an automated message. Here at Justin.tv, we’ve experienced a massive surge in demand for viewing on non-computer devices; such as tablets and mobile phones. We want your viewers to be able to watch in all these places, so we’re making changes to our infrastructure to service this growth!

Your broadcast settings will be INCOMPATIBLE on this new system, which will take place in November 2013. This is why:

Audio codec must be set to MP3 or AAC (it is currently "SoundFormat_Aac") Follow this link to fix audio codec: https://help.justin.tv/entries/25128411-Broadcast-Requirements#audio_codec

For all of the broadcast requirements, you can find them here: https://help.justin.tv/entries/25128411-Broadcast-Requirements

Should you have any questions, please contact us through http://help.justin.tv.

Thanks!

Regards,
The Justin.tv Team"

I really don't get it since I already use AAC...
I'm not sure why my system got so cursed since last day!
It must be the pc spirits...
« Last Edit: 2014-03-02 13:56:49 by LeonhartGR »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
...I located a process running with the name "Services and Controller app.exe" inside my Program Files\Windows Multimedia Platform....
You can usually google the name of a process and get some information about it. If nothing comes up it might well be a non-delivered program (like a virus). A good indicator is spaces in the file name. All actual windows files (one that windows needs) and professionally delivered software have no spaces. System files also do not reside in Program Files. Deleting anything in Program Files will not destroy windows.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Thanks for the valuable info NFITC1! This was the first thing I did. It came up with some results but nothing legit concerning a virus... I also installed an ipad screen mirroring application to control my pc while streaming and I'm not sure if it's related to that. Also installed some weird unofficial driver I got with a cd from a new gamepad I bought. And before that I installed motionjoy for a ps3 controller which I failed to setup and removed it. When I connect the gamepad I bought says motionjoy is installing and this seems a bit weird too, but the unofficial gamepad might be using the motionjoy driver as well... You can have a look at that folder here but be careful though I don't believe it's a virus but did some conflict with my gpu. Not sure if it's related to nvidia drivers though: http://filetrip.net/dl?w8ccudt38w
« Last Edit: 2014-03-02 15:13:22 by LeonhartGR »