Author Topic: Anyone know where to find FF8 Japanese PC Remaster release for purchase?  (Read 4317 times)

livetruthfully

• View Profile
Been trying to get the North American steam upscale release equivalent for PC in its Japanese language re-release, but I can not find it to purchase anywhere. Searched Amazon/Square-Enix store, and I believe it is a download-only purchase that can only be found in Square Enix's JP store (why?), and they don't take overseas credit/debit cards. I'm really hoping I'm wrong though.

Does anyone on this forum own this version? If you're not living in Japan, can you tell me where/how you bought it? I've emailed Square Enix multiple times about it but frustratingly their employees aren't familiar with their own website--they just told me to keep trying my debit card in the Japanese store haha.

On Steam's official site there's no Japanese release, so I'm assuming they don't use Steam for it's re-release over there.

Thanks!

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
You might be able to buy a preloaded debit/gift card elsewhere and use that on their Japanese site.

Aavock

• View Profile
Hey livetruthfully, I was looking for this version as well because I was really curious as for the hi-res in-game font textures back when I was trying to re-insert upscaled *.tex texture files.

As you might already know, this is the official website: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ffviii-pc-jp/ I have no idea how to get the game however a Twitch streamer painfully managed to get his hands on the JP FFVII PC version a few months ago.

By the way, notice the 2048x1536px wallpapers for a 1999 PSX game... Square-Enix sure keeps some hidden gems in their unreachable vault!

livetruthfully

• View Profile
Thanks for both of the inputs guys.

I looked into buying a prepaid card but they are expensive beyond belief. Because of locking exchange rates in etc, the only one I saw that was available needed a minimum purchase of $250. Seems like a painstaking process involving multiple banks that's way beyond a simple purchase, but I'll keep looking into it.

Thanks for telling me about Kynos 5way. I sent him a message; hopefully he knows of a simple prepaid card that we don't, or the process isn't as tedious as it seems. If anyone else has experience with this please share, and I'll update this when I hear back from him!

livetruthfully

• View Profile
5way,

I heard back from Kynos from Twitch and he indeed bought a pre-paid Japanese credit (like debit) card! It's called Webmoney and he bought it off eBay; they come in different increments much lower than the $250 card I found. He said because it's digital money, the buyer just messaged him the information right away.

Covarr was right on the money about prepaid cards. From what I researched, I thought it wasn't going to be that easy and a card like that was wishful thinking/too good to be true.

I'll be buying it come my days off on Monday, you should too! Haha

crimson1117

• View Profile
remaster version just the same as the old pc japanese version...(3CD one)