Author Topic: Final Fantasy X and X-2 are prequels to Final Fantasy VII  (Read 23958 times)

Rubicant

• View Profile
Final Fantasy X and X-2 are prequels to Final Fantasy VII
« Reply #25 on: 2003-06-08 06:30:21 »
No! Every game in the series rips each other off in some stupid little way. If it even WAS an ongoing series on the same planet there would be some sort of menion of events that had recently happened in the previous game. With a series that hardly changes as it is, it really is hard to be original like they are. It would be really interesting if the games were interconnected, but there are too many differences.

FF9 is just a bunch of the pieces of the series put together in an interesting way. Nothing more.

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2003-06-19 19:24:23 »
FF does have a very loose timeline, but never on the same planet, and here's why:

FF5 takes you across three different Worlds...maybe more, never played it. The first two get blown to hell, I think.

I would go into my whole FF-series loose connection theory, but I'm too tired for it right now. It's a couple pages long.

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2003-06-20 00:11:23 »
FF5 takes place in the same damn world the entire time. It goes like this:
Spoiler: show
The world was split into 2 so that Galuf and his pals could seal Exdeath into the world that the main character is from. But towards the end, the two worlds merge together to become the real world.
This happened because Exdeath did something extremely magical...can't entirely remember. I should play it again.

tekwiz99

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2003-06-20 01:16:56 »
i got bored in the part where you have to get on to that pirate ship. i kept circle around in the front cave and never realized its time for abording the ship  :o

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2003-06-20 04:44:02 »
That's a shame. The game actually does shape up a bit. I played FF5 when I was like 12, so it must've been a ton  more magical then. It still is magical. But tons of people don't like it...still don't know why.

YOU CAN'T EXPECT SOMETHING AS GOLD AS FF7 TO APPEAR EARLIER IN THE SERIES!! This goes for all games. All this week I played metroid for the nes. It was hard as hell, but I have managed to actually get somewhere in it. I recently have started playing super metroid for the snes. The overall concept is the same, but super metroid definately takes the good concept that metroid(nes) had to a higher level.

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #30 on: 2003-06-20 20:42:58 »
When you think series are linked or not take a broader stance on the world..

The earth can not be the only life sustaining planet in all of space.. I would say space is too vast for that.. though i dont know if i believe space is infinite.. Time can recycle.. Say that long long ago.. we got to a technological point that the earth was pretty advanced .. then someone set somethign off that destroyed everything.. if you believe in evoloution to a certain extent.. things could have naturally been reborn.. trees would grow back.. and a populous would resurface.. you can make a time line out of anything.. FF7 you could say came before 8.. and 9 could be after after 8.. FF8 had very advanced technology.. whos to say that something like this didnt occur.. and time just sort of started again..

Take it back to our world.. the Atomic bomb can destroy a city.. well more than a city.. the Hydrogen bomb can take out more than that.. i heard.. dont you think that sometime they will develope somethign to take out a country.. perhaps not blow it up.. but some sort of virus perhaps.. or something.. man kind just cant leave things alone.. we have to keep advancing.. its just the way it is.. Some day.. it may be our demise..

Just a thought..

Deamon

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2003-06-24 07:01:37 »
Note to Rubicant: Games are often better than thier future counterparts.
But not FF5.  

FF5 has all kinds of cons and a single plus:

PRO
- An awe inspiring class-changing system with a secret class

CONS
- Serious lack of a decent storyline
- Character name: "Butz"? Why!?!?
- Annoying character swap between Galuf and Cara.  (Who'd of thought that a simple charm like that would give me the EXACT stats of grandpa?)
- Music that will drive you to kill faster than Exdeath
- Horrible storyline: "What they're sisters!?!?" "Well, there's not much else to do... we might as well travel to another world to fight Exdeath."

Alright, so truthfully it just lacks a storyline and tries to cover it up with a class changing system.

Quote from: BrokenAntiMatter
ff9 and ff4 are the same world you fru weapons/people/items/events that occur in ff4 are found in ff9 and it relates them all to ff4 and zidane even mentions squall and cloud in ff9.

You have yet to point out a single weapon/person/item/event that is common.  FF9's eidolons don't seem to have a special summon world found near the dwarves underground.

FF7 does have alot of the same story and places

the divine yevon/cetra who i pointed out are magic users from ff10/ff7
could be the thasma people from ff6 and espers/summons/aeons could all be the same.

Don't own a PS2, but the magic of the Espers is wiped out after the battle with Kefka, ref: Terra became fully human; end scene FF6

the world of ruin bears some major resemblence to ff7
(given the time period you have to include some continetal drift, flooding, volcanic activity  a possible iceage)

I look just like James Bond after some continetal drift, flooding, volcanic activity and a possible iceage.

ff8 follows alot of the same land mass as ff7
(given the time period you have to include some continetal drift, flooding, volcanic activity, possible nuclear winter and green house effect)

No.  But, before I point out an improbability on the side of FF8, I must bring up the point that any connection of FF games that occurs AFTER FF7 is fallable; FF7 has two endings!

In FF8 the world was CLEARLY created by the great Hyne.  Then the world had always been infested\blessed by the presence of sorceresses.  Don't try and tell me that good ole' Sepy was not only a woman, but a sorceress!

You need more proof to even TRY and bridge a gap between any FF games.

Edit by Jari: Made a single post out of two posts.

Deamon: Nice post. But please, try to avoid consecutive posts, single (even bit longer) post is preferred format here.

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2003-06-24 07:26:58 »
Quote from: Deamon
Note to Rubicant: Games are often better than thier future counterparts.

Yeah, it may have seemed I meant that, but I worded it wrong. Very wrong. People all of a sudden "play" one of the earlier games in the series and say it "sucks" because it wasn't like their precious ff7. They say it "sucks" because of the graphics, or some stupid shallow reason. Yes, usually the earlier games in series are better. But you just can't compare the earlier games to the newers ones, because the newer ones will usually have some sort of advantage, such as funding, console capabilities, etc..

I don't know wtf I was saying back there..must've been in a sleepy stupor.

Quote from: Deamon
No.  But, before I point out an improbability on the side of FF8, I must bring up the point that any connection of FF games that occurs AFTER FF7 is fallable; FF7 has two endings!

What two endings? Am I missing something?

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #33 on: 2003-06-24 16:51:23 »
yah i was wondering about that

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #34 on: 2003-06-24 18:30:27 »
Deamon....quit making shiiiii..stuff up... You now damn well that FF7 has no ending.  :roll:

Mofokubik

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2003-06-24 18:47:31 »
Whats ff7's normal ending? pm it to me, because i have 2 videos on my computer, and they are supposed to be 2 other endings besides the one you normally get...

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #36 on: 2003-06-24 18:57:54 »
Ehm, what? I've never heard nor found anything about a second ending... I somehow doubt you have either. The ending cinema is split up into two or three segments, that's about as divided as it gets.

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2003-06-24 19:18:25 »
It must be "ending3.avi" that you must be thinking of, Mofokubik. It is shown after the credits. And that cinematic takes place "500 years later".

Please enlighten us on this "second ending", deamon  :lol:

Contra

• View Profile
    • http://contraspontanus.deviantart.com
« Reply #38 on: 2003-06-24 19:28:19 »
*nods* Yes, please. I've beat FFVII 17 1/2 times, sifted through the videos on the cd, and on the PSX version, read the script ripped out of both of them, and I have never seen an ending besides the one. Care to explain?

O_o

Contra. Cerubedo, the blue-haired U.R.T.V.

Mofokubik

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2003-06-24 19:45:33 »
One of the endings is the life stream comes and saves midgar, or something like that so I assume thats the normal one. Another one shows after the fight, red and red's kids are running up a mountain, and see a view of midgar years after seph was destroyed, and midgar had plants growning all over it.

I havent beat ff7 yet...care to know why? I got up to the last disc, then  I couldnt find it. Damn you disc 4!!!! I still dont know where it is...

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
« Reply #40 on: 2003-06-24 20:03:29 »
????Now I'm totally confused......

Who's who? (Mofokubik=Deomon?)

I thought some "newbie" named Deomon was going to be doing the explaining.

There is only one ending....it's split into three FMV's. Why? because of the infamous third battle between Cloud and Sephiroth....it's in between the first and second ending movies, and then there is the final conclusion after the credits. And all three of these FMVs together, don't tell you what happened to Cloud and the others.

As for you missing final CD.....hmm....

Faeranicus

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2003-08-14 02:34:30 »
Here's my thoughts on a few of the ff games that I've played

I never really got into the first 6, though I'm sure they are good games (If tactics comes out on PC I'll buy it).

FF7 - Great game for its age, still fun to play. Materia system is kind of annoying though.

Downsides -
Buggy PC Version
Graphics are ok, even for its time.
Materia system, I just dont like it

FF8 - Great graphics for its time, the first disc was great, 2nd was ok, and I stopped playing when space came into the idea. (I'm playing through it now, I just finished dollet but I won't quit when space crap comes into play).

Downsides -
Plot is pretty strange
Love story (bleh)
Space crap

FF9 - I first saw this game and said "oh my god... these characters look like sh!t". Honestly, I really couldn't get into the game, it had a feeling that I was supposed to be ages 6-10 to play it. I really didn't like it... at all. I got to what a friend says was "one of the last 2 or 3 battles" before I took it back (rented).

FF10 - Never played it, heard it was 50% cinimatics...

If square was more open to people, they would continue releasing PC versions... but I guess I have to wait for ff11 or ff12... the MMORPG

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2003-08-14 07:22:41 »
FF9 isn't that bad. It LOOKS like a little kid's game, but it just is definately...um.."unique" amongst the other FF's.

In my opinion, FFX is okay to play through the first time, but it definately is a letdown if you are expecting a good game.

FF7 and FF8 I cannot stand anymore because I overthunk about them. Urrghhh...

vvalentine

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2003-08-14 07:39:13 »
Quote from: Faeranicus
but I guess I have to wait for ff11 or ff12... the MMORPG

FFXI is the MMORPG, FFXII is NOT going to be online.  And yeah, I'm currently playing FFXI beta version (in PC of course, and in English not Japanese version). :D

Faeranicus

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2003-08-15 22:07:19 »
How bad is it? I saw screenshots and thought "my god... IT LOOKS WORSE THAN 9!"

If it -does- have a story... it will be the exact same for everyone, so I don't think I'll bother with it...

I mean, if it had a story that all players affected, it would end up being affected by one idiot who played 23 hours a day.. That might end up being me, but nonetheless I dont like the idea.

Rubicant

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2003-08-16 20:50:21 »
It's obvious what they're doing. How else will Square make a profit on this other than give it a place in the Final Fantasy franchise? If it was some bogus name with the square logo, I doubt it would get as much attention as it would with the name Final Fantasy tagging along. It'll probably end up being pretty fun, but mmorpg's really don't spark my tastes anymore.

Jait

« Reply #46 on: 2004-01-04 23:36:16 »
Actually the info in the beginning of this thread is nearly 100% accurate.

BTW You do realize that the Al-Bhed are the Cetra don't you all?

....green eyes....

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #47 on: 2004-01-05 03:57:26 »
Quote from: The Rules
Don't resurrect old topics. When people stop posting in a topic, it's usually a sign that everything of value has been said. Thus, if nobody's posted in a topic for more than a week or two, consider it dead and don't post in it (unless you have an important follow-up or question exactly on-topic, and the topic is still recent). If you post just a comment on something somebody said ... chances are no-one will care because it's been a while since everything was posted.

Thanks.