Author Topic: Uncompressed Neo Bahamut scripting commands (^_^)  (Read 2602 times)

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
I have yet to find the tolkenized data, but the uncompressed tolkens are here, I'm found it rumminging through some arifacts in the /summons dir Though I'm not sure if this is conatined in VAHAMUT2 or not. I'm still getting the hang of how a directory points to the files within. This is the only instance I have found of an uncompressed file found in a listing so I may have it messed up where it belongs. I may also not have the whole thing.

Bare in mind, this is just an arifact of the development tree and doen't reflect the location PC data or PSX data (Yet!) But its something to keep an eyeball out for. (I know neeldle in a haystack)

Also, have a new tool at my displosal. I have the ability to copy my /dev/cdrom device as an ISO image and mount that file as a filesystem. What does this mean? Well, It allows me to create a "rewritable CD-ROM" on my hard drive, play with the files, and then point an emulator to my edited CD-ROM image. This will allow me to directly play with the data (By opening/reading/writing files) without having to mess static ISO images. Is one thing to change a few bytes in an ISO image. It's another to be able to mount the image and swap out this BIN file for that one.

The PC executable is one heck of a roadmap.

ADDUNDUM: Forgot the script...
Code: [Select]

SUMMON/VAHAMUT2
[Neo] begin scan ground
[Neo] finish scan ground
[Neo] begin thunder
[Neo] Effect_play3 group 0
[Neo] finished effect play
[Neo] Link ground, dust_manager, rock1_manager
[Neo] link cloud1, sky_mask
[Neo] link cloud2
[Neo] link line_light3_manager
[Neo] white out
[Neo] white-in, link cloudsea, backsky
[Neo] effect play3 group 1
[Neo] finished effect play 3
[Neo] linke ball_manager, circle, line_light1_manager
[Neo] effect_play3 group 2
[Neo] finished effect play3
[Neo] link breath
[Neo] rock2_manager
[Neo] link flash2, rock3_manager, line_light2_manager
[Neo] white-out
[Neo] effect_play3 group 3
[Neo] finished effect_play3
[Neo] white-in
[Neo] finish Neo Bahamut

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
Uncompressed Neo Bahamut scripting commands (^_^)
« Reply #1 on: 2004-06-14 09:25:11 »
looks like a script comments to me ... i dont think that is actual script, because commands differ here and there ..
Code: [Select]
[Neo] white out
[Neo] white-out

[Neo] effect play3 group 1
[Neo] effect_play3 group 2

Cyberman

• View Profile
Uncompressed Neo Bahamut scripting commands (^_^)
« Reply #2 on: 2004-06-14 13:08:06 »
I have too admit the comments are still useful, although it probably doesn't solve the script details it does give an idea of what the original authors were doing.  Which in this case is probably more helpful than the actual script :)

Cyb