Author Topic: Might need help, depends on how patch messed my system  (Read 3518 times)

Aradiel

I installed Animevamp's Xp patch, before I ever found this site.

Bascially, my systems running horribly recently, and I'm kind of hoping it's due to that patch.

What exactly does the dll it overwrites do? Could it explain my system's poor performance?

Thanks in advance.

rmco2003

Might need help, depends on how patch messed my system
« Reply #1 on: 2005-04-05 21:10:50 »
try a system restore to a point far back, that might fix the problem

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #2 on: 2005-04-05 22:18:18 »
It doesn't do anything to your system besides replace the gm.dls file (which would affect MIDI playback, nothing else).

The other big problem we have with it is that it's a rip off of other people's work.  But that doesn't make your system slow down.

Aradiel

Cheers
« Reply #3 on: 2005-04-06 11:52:42 »
Okay, that's good - I never listen to midis, and I can't do such a system restore (let's not get into that, though)

Thanks.

Neo Bahamut

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-04-06 18:40:09 »
Try doing scans for adware and viruses. Maybe do a defrag and your PC might speed up alittle.

Undesirable

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-04-10 00:59:21 »
Hmm, bit of a long-shot, but do you have DriveCrypt installed? That is the only thing that has slowed Windows down for me with nothing else running. I fixed it by deleting a non-essential .exe file located in the installation directory.

Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC and take a look at your running processes. Choose to sort by processor usage and see which process is sucking up your CPU cycles. Alternatively, sort by RAM usage... something might be hogging that.

bomer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-04-10 01:46:50 »
Run MSConfig, goto startup and uncheck every application you dont need or use. Often "save" and the like can slow your computer down a lot. All you really need is your virus scanner, NVCPL, Microsoft Find Fast and your additional drivers. Also anything with rundll32.exe in it, then leave it

Aradiel

Cheers
« Reply #7 on: 2005-04-15 17:07:36 »
Thanks for the tips - I think I've mainly solved the problem. I believe it may be a combination of needing a bit more memory, and a sompatability problem with DX9c