Author Topic: Help with Cetra + FF7Music  (Read 2363 times)

jj_frap

Help with Cetra + FF7Music
« on: 2005-03-03 17:47:15 »
Whenever I try patching FF7.exe (And I've always redownloaded 1.02 every time I've tried it), I get "Error. Cannot create C:\FF7\FF7.EXE." even though the fail I've been trying to patch is FF7.EXE...

And then I get a Cetra screen where it says "Matched! Applying." and it just hangs. It does generate an FF7.exe backup file even though the file size hasn't changed and the error messages I get suggest that nothing has happened to the file.

It doesn't matter if I put the DLL files in the right directory or anything: It just won't patch the damn thing.

Pandalicious

« Reply #1 on: 2005-04-30 17:36:18 »
i actually got it to patch the executable [with a clean 1.02 exe] on my win98 computer, but whenever I try to run the file, it says

"The FF7MUSIC.DLL file cannot start.
Check the file to determine the problem."

I did install the ff7music files. The dll file is in my main ff7 folder with the ff7.exe file, but it cannot find it. In my FiceDula folder, ff7music.exe tells me the dll and patch are installed. I don't know what's wrong. The dll is 50kb dunno if maybe it was form a corrupted zip or anything.

Pandalicious

« Reply #2 on: 2005-05-04 21:17:46 »
Runtime error 217 at 0001:A780.

The FF7MUSIC.DLL file cannot start.
Check the file to determine the problem.

Is what I get. I installed FF7 to "D:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII". I gave it the 1.02 patch for graphics cards. No XP Patch, as I use Win98SE, but I doubt that means anything. Does it require WinXP? I used the cetra ff7music patch. The ff7music program is in "D:\Program Files\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula" and the dll is in the normal ff7 folder. The prgram says everything is okay. The ff7music patch is there, the dll is there. What did I do wrong?