Author Topic: This topic is to Aaron  (Read 2569 times)

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
This topic is to Aaron
« on: 2006-06-08 08:31:19 »
Hello Aaron.  Sorry to bother you but I searched through topics tonight and I found that you were able to use Anti-Aliasing on Final Fantasy 8? 

Aaron: "If you mess with FF7 and FSAA, you'll likely get some messed up grid on the background.  However, I think I've managed to pull it off with FF8."

Do you happen to have an ATI card?  I have an ATI x800 xl...and I get that awful grid.  But it looks so nice with anti-aliasing.  It's really a shame.  I wish I had a Nvidia card. 

Could anyone help me?  Not just Aaron.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Re: This topic is to Aaron
« Reply #1 on: 2006-06-08 10:27:14 »
I certainly can't do it now, having a GeForce 6800 I get the black-box problem with FF8.
I am actually not sure about running FF8 with FSAA with current cards, but I remember reading numerous success stories some time ago, when people were using Voodoo3/GeForce2 era cards.  I believe the most recent card I had that I tried and worked was a GeForce4, but I really haven't messed with FF8 much lately.
« Last Edit: 2006-06-08 10:28:53 by Aaron »

voodoo47

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-06-10 23:06:07 »
I have a radeon9800pro and FSAA works fine for me,all I had to do is turn on the alternate pixel center option.you can find it in the control panel or ccc or any decent tweaking tool..

Changeling

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: 2006-06-11 09:38:30 »
Oh shit!  I didn't read this topic and I found it out for myself!  I'm sorry, I didn't realize.  Thanks anyway! 

I made it seem like a big deal in my topic...sigh.