Author Topic: ff7 battle crash (after swirl has finished)  (Read 3128 times)

wingyuu

ff7 battle crash (after swirl has finished)
« on: 2006-08-25 20:06:01 »
I apologize in advance if this is addressed somewhere else (spent hours checking around). My tweaked version of ff7 keeps crashing during battle initiation. I already have the battle swirl patch installed and I'm currently running ff7 in compatbaility mode (tried both windows 95 and 98 modes). What happens is the music start, then the swirl starts and finishes. Just when the horizon opens up (normally the screen opens up from black to the battle field), the game crashes (music in a loop, battle field was barely revealed, got a glimpse of a fraction of the hp/mp table, and then black screen). All I get is an error message saying the program met an error and needs to close (the typical windows error reporting prompt).
I've already tweaked the game for version 1.02, movie, chocobo, minigame limiter, reunion, npc, high-res, cloud quality, transparent text, and battle swirl. I had to uninstall all codecs get past the startup crash and I even tried rolling back scene.bin to the original (wasn't really sure if this would do anything).
I'm running a NVidia GEforce fx 5200 on WIndows XP. THanks in advance for any help.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: ff7 battle crash (after swirl has finished)
« Reply #1 on: 2006-08-25 23:30:57 »
All I get is an error message saying the program met an error and needs to close (the typical windows error reporting prompt).
Can you post the module and the fault offset? It's somewhere in the report.

wingyuu

Re: ff7 battle crash (after swirl has finished)
« Reply #2 on: 2006-08-26 14:56:11 »
All I could get is this:
"AppVer: 0.0.0.0    ModVer: 0.0.0.0    Offset: 0002af92"
It seems the other info (the actual error report) is not saved to my hard drive as it's supposed to. Anyway, I think it may be a problem with the battle sprites/figures (since the problem only presents itself when the game tries to load the battle field).

- Edit -

Strangest thing . . . it was the cloud quality patch. I rolled back battle.lgp and the game works fine.

Mod Edit: Do not double-post.
« Last Edit: 2006-08-28 20:06:42 by Alhexx »