Author Topic: need help with ff7, bug or>?  (Read 4080 times)

omghelpmeeeee

need help with ff7, bug or>?
« on: 2007-04-18 22:49:47 »
i decided to start playing again, so i installed it on my laptop, then installed the laptop no numpad patch. worked great until i had to choose a name for cloud, couldnt advance any further, i could type in things and hit backspace but i couldnt move the cursor over to select the name, and i made start button 1 but that didnt work either was wondering if there was a way around this.  thx!!!!

Jari

Re: need help with ff7, bug or>?
« Reply #1 on: 2007-04-19 06:56:14 »
Why, aren't you a smart one?

In any case, moving. For now.

I would suggest getting familiar with the rules, or I'll be closing instead of moving.

B Tizo

• Reliving the Fantasy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-04-19 09:22:57 »
1) I award you -10 points for the lack of capitalization.
2) I award you -15 points for the use of instant message slang... I just hate that crap.
3) I award you -1,000,000 points for the choice of user name.  :-)

But, since I'm nice, I'm going to try and help you out

1) You probably don't *need* the laptop patch.  Most keyboards have a number pad overlaid on the keyboard.  You usually have to press Fn+Numlock and that will enable your number pad (they are the keys with the small numbers in the top right corner). 
2)  Assuming this works, usually you'll run into the problem of pressing the number pad enter/return key.  This can often be fixed by simply holding down the Fn key and pressing enter/return. 
3) Assuming all of this has worked, you should be playing the game normally.  Since, to me, this is a hassle, simply access the menu, go to config, and then from there you can navigate to the controller section which you can then bind any action to any key you want, meaning if you choose you'll never have to use numlock or Fn+enter again. 

If this doesn't work, then I don't know what will help you.  I'll bet if you ask really nice and use coherent, capitalized, and punctuated language dziugo could make a much better laptop keyboard patch for you. 

EDIT: Corrected my spelling....
« Last Edit: 2007-04-19 09:35:09 by B Tizo »

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #3 on: 2007-04-19 09:29:12 »
I award you +5 points for the spelling of my name. It seems people love gaining points this way.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-04-19 09:34:59 »
Why, aren't you a smart one?

In any case, moving. For now.

I would suggest getting familiar with the rules, or I'll be closing instead of moving.

Oh i thought "moving" in FFVII XD
As for his problem , i suggest just hit 5 in numpad, (or whatever used in laptop) to accept name choice then enter to exit this screen. Why bother changes defaut names? It's not Dragon Quest and its unnamed heroes.

B Tizo

• Reliving the Fantasy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-04-19 09:35:57 »
Damn.  U before I except after Z!!  I should know better... -25 points for me....

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-04-19 09:39:42 »
I award you +5 points for the spelling of my name. It seems people love gaining points this way.

dziugo could make a much better laptop keyboard patch for you. 

EDIT: Corrected my spelling....

ARf you edited!