Author Topic: movies are not playing  (Read 4172 times)

Dakotakid44

• View Profile
movies are not playing
« on: 2006-12-29 23:04:29 »
I've disabled true motion in FFD show configuration.  The opening eidos screen does not come up, and either to the movies or cut scenes. I have applied the official 1.02 patch. I am running Windows XP.  I would appreciate some help

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: movies are not playing
« Reply #1 on: 2006-12-30 19:58:17 »
Did you try to clean codecs like in first step of NEAT COMPILATION... topic?

Dakotakid44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-12-30 22:25:58 »

yes i just tried it and it didn't work

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-12-31 11:03:15 »
If this is not a codec issue then what else could it be?

Well, I went through all the trouble again and tested the whole thing. So I've downloaded and installed the latest K-lite Mega Codec Pack..since there was newer version already (ffdshow [rev. 571] -> ffdshow [rev. 696]). I was asked to uninstall all other codecs beforehand so I did that automatically. I've chosen the default profile. After the installation I tried to run ff7 right away. It turned out (as expected) that no movies are shown..just a black screen..but the Eidos logo theme is heard in the background. After that it freezes all. APROVED.

Then I've installed TrueMotion (duck.exe). Tried ff7 but the problem remained because the movies were still referring to ffdshow decoder itself and not TrueMotion decoder.

So I've disabled ffdshow decoding of TrueMotion like on this screenshot:

Tried ff7 after that and it all worked flawlessly. So I'd say APROVED.

If you're still having problems check if you really have this tm20dec.ax in your system's WINDOWS/SYSTEM32/ directory.

Otherwise I'm outta ideas.

Dakotakid44

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-12-31 19:44:55 »
i did everything all over again and it didn't work. thanks

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-01-01 16:26:53 »
Also check this:
I tried it with the 1.02 patch - black screen. So I decided to just apply all the patches I had before, to see if it would work then.

I followed this guide to the tee:- http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6238.0
As I did before. I used the YAMP "movie skip" with ctrl-s, when the Eidos screen is supposed to play I used ctrl-s, and it took me to THIS!
(...)
Which is absolutely ridiculous. I went to the new game option and skipped the "non-existant" opening movie.

You know I've just found out that these black screen "non-existant" movies you are able to "ctrl+s"kip and play normally probably means that the game cannot locate its movie files... so check your "moviepath" in registry thread HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\.

I've tried to enter invalid path in there and it turned out to behave exactly that way - black screen skippable.

Dakotakid44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-01-01 21:07:39 »
that fixed it! thanks a lot!

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-06-20 16:49:57 »
Also check this:
I tried it with the 1.02 patch - black screen. So I decided to just apply all the patches I had before, to see if it would work then.

I followed this guide to the tee:- http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6238.0
As I did before. I used the YAMP "movie skip" with ctrl-s, when the Eidos screen is supposed to play I used ctrl-s, and it took me to THIS!
(...)
Which is absolutely ridiculous. I went to the new game option and skipped the "non-existant" opening movie.

You know I've just found out that these black screen "non-existant" movies you are able to "ctrl+s"kip and play normally probably means that the game cannot locate its movie files... so check your "moviepath" in registry thread HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\.

I've tried to enter invalid path in there and it turned out to behave exactly that way - black screen skippable.

You quote this rather a lot ^_^