Author Topic: Question on how to tweak enemy stats in PS1 version  (Read 2520 times)

ChaosBahamut

Okay, how can I go through the FFVII files to look at (and alter) enemy stats? Curious because I want to make Safer Sephrioth a fair bit more difficult. (like around 250,000 HP minimum and etc.) Note this is for the PS1 version.

P.S. If I were to alter an enemy's status, would I have to completely restart the game or would my existing saves work? (provided nothing I'm altering exists on the disc I'm currently on)

ARMs

• View Profile
Re: Question on how to tweak enemy stats in PS1 version
« Reply #1 on: 2007-10-08 09:17:20 »
Same as PC version.   Use scenester or any other editing program.

ChaosBahamut

« Reply #2 on: 2007-10-08 21:11:01 »
Another question. What's the learning curve with this scenester? (note I'm decent with SSH so I can do "for loops", "if then statements", and some others.

And I don't think my P.S. question was answered yet.

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-10-08 22:11:23 »
Scenester is very easy to use.   You dont need to learn anything to use scenester however you do need other prograsms to decompress the scene file.   

No you don't need to restart the game to get the benifits.   The game wont get that much difficulty if all you did was alter the stats and give it more HP.    To make teh game hard you have to manually edit it with a hex editor and be creative which takes alot of time that alot of people don thave.   even if you max the Attack and level and such they will only deal about 3,000 max damage in back row instead of the usual 500 that alot of enimies seem to do.

ChaosBahamut

« Reply #4 on: 2007-10-09 00:33:21 »
All right, I extracted the scene.bin file and altered Safer Sephrioth (and Bizarro Sephrioth) to have more HP. (and gave Safer a name change to Divine Sephrioth)

Also, to make sure my original copies don't get messed up I made back-up copies of Disc 2 and 3. (gonna give Diamond Weapon a little boost as well)

Then I compressed the new scene files into a new scene.bin file and tried to move it to the new disc with SceneReader but it's saying I don't have permission to do so. The question is how can I make it so I do have permission to do so? (also tried the old "Copy and Paste" method, but the new file just went to a new "Files waiting to be recorded on disc" section in the directory and I'm a bit confused as to how to "record" the data.

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-10-09 01:23:22 »
you need an ISO editing program to make teh changes.   I dont know if some ISO editing programs will rearrange the data on the disc if the files too small or too big,  but whatever you do if theres an option to not do that put it on.   if the data is rearranged it will mostlikely be a corrupted disc that the psx can't use.

P.S. it would help you if you use the search button to find information.   And more importantly once you find it don't post on that topic to revive it.   People here don't like dead topics revived.   Might sound rude but thats how this site works since others aren't replying to your topic.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-09 01:29:42 by ARMs »