Author Topic: PC Games similiar to Final Fantasy?  (Read 16788 times)

Jari

Re: PC Games similiar to Final Fantasy?
« Reply #25 on: 2008-01-16 11:42:28 »
In the past incidences there has been almost no overlap at all, members are few and far between and a scenario where someone would not only live close to another member, but use the same service provider is quite rare.

And for the cases that such thing happens; life's a b*tch and then you die. Can't be helped.

EDIT: Should a really large ISP use one unified pool... that would be a problem, but I've never heard of such thing. Pretty much all the larger ones I've seen divide their dynamic IPs into smaller pools that in turn are assigned to certain geographic areas.
« Last Edit: 2008-01-16 11:47:28 by El Ammo Bandito! »

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: PC Games similiar to Final Fantasy?
« Reply #26 on: 2008-01-16 12:24:51 »
EDIT: Should a really large ISP use one unified pool... that would be a problem, but I've never heard of such thing. Pretty much all the larger ones I've seen divide their dynamic IPs into smaller pools that in turn are assigned to certain geographic areas.
There is an ISP in Poland which provides an ADSL internet through telephone lines. It can be installed pretty much everywhere, as long as you have a telephone. It has it's address pool divided, but only to few smaller pools - that is, after it became popular in Poland, some IRC servers banned the whole pool. Like you said, life is a bitch.