Author Topic: Advanced Hex Editing Scene.bin  (Read 2683 times)

The Black-caped Man

• The time........has come........!
    • View Profile
Advanced Hex Editing Scene.bin
« on: 2007-12-25 16:06:51 »
He guys,

I would like to know if anyone(and Im pretty sure there is someone) knows how to add attacks to enemies via hex editing and how to set up special conditions for that attack(for example that an enemy uses an attack right before he dies or as a counter)
I already know the basics of adding an attack to an enemy:
-You gotta overwrite the first 28 bytes after the last attack of the enemy
-You gotta create an ID for that attack and add it in the attack ID list of the enemy data and in the attack ID list right after the attack data
-You gotta add a body animation after the last body animation byte in the body animation section(right before the attack ID list in the enemy data)
-You gotta add the attack in the AI and thats pretty difficult cause you could accidentally mess up the AI for all other enemies or actions.
I know that attacks you share with the enemy always have only one byte, which can be found in the kernel(or at another enemy who has this attack),
so the code in the AI would be 60 XX 92, in the attack ID lists of the enemy data and after the attack data it would be XX 00.
For attacks that you do not share with the enemy, in the AI its: 61 XX XX 92, in the ID lists of the enemy data and right after the attack data its of course XX XX.

My question: Where do I add the 60 XX 92 or the 61 XX XX 92 in the AI exactly? And how do I set up a special condition for that attack(counter, etc)?
I appreciate your advices :-D

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Re: Advanced Hex Editing Scene.bin
« Reply #1 on: 2007-12-27 15:21:41 »
1st of all you can insert XX 00 IDs in a 61 XX XX 92 "command". Easily by 61 XX XX 92 --> 61 XX 00 92. But the other way around you have to make the opcode push 2 bytes instead of 1. 0x60 pushes 1 and 0x61 pushes 2. Then you have to insert the extra byte.

If the ID is XX 00, and you want to replace the attack ID to a XX XX type:

60 XX 92 (The XX is from the XX 00 ID) --> 61 XX XX 92.
However the you'll never find an XX 00 ID inside a 61 - 92 "code", cause it's frankly not needed.

For opcodes for AI I can help you but not before I return to my humble abode lol. 4th Jan. have pretty much all I've jotted down there.

The Black-caped Man

• The time........has come........!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-12-31 11:11:26 »
Thx for your help I really appreciate that.

Btw do you know how to remove the Rude bug in the sunken plane? Or at least how to remove the RUDE AND RENO bug I created? Read my thread about it pls

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: 2008-01-01 10:37:35 »
I have a tip for you. Download SceneEdit v1.3.0 by M4v3R. Load a Scene file with a long AI (Sephiroths for instance). Then you can view the AI opcodes and their effect. Quite neat!