Author Topic: Adrenaline potion/Item that fills limit break bar?+ other effect items?  (Read 3330 times)

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
Not sure if anyone has tried this but I was wondering if anyone could make items with certain effects like an Adrenaline potion that fills the limit bar? If other people have suggestions shoot. My other ones are,
Another potion to reproduce the great gospel invincibility effect.
"Taunt" Item which could make characters do their victory pose, hopefully they reset if they get a command or are attacked.
"Play dead" I just but this in for the lulz. An item that puts the character in their knocked out pose, but will regain their health and magic, while a monster doesnt attack them. But as soon as they get an order, regain canceled, so is monster ignorance.

I've seen people want to make new spells which is harder to do then to make new items, so far as I heard/guessed. So why not make them into items?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
For modding, you'd mostly have to use the effects that exist. There are probably a few that aren't used, but you'll have to find them.

Not sure if anyone has tried this but I was wondering if anyone could make items with certain effects like an Adrenaline potion that fills the limit bar?

It's possible that this effect exists, but it's undocumented. However, you'll have to experiment with the modifiers at 0x12 and 0x13 to find it.

Another potion to reproduce the great gospel invincibility effect.

Easy enough. Just have an item grant "Peerless" status. You could have it full heal too.

"Taunt" Item which could make characters do their victory pose, hopefully they reset if they get a command or are attacked.

This would probably have to be a script action. General Counter on everyone, if hit by this item... but then the script commands necessary to do this may not exist either.

"Play dead" I just but this in for the lulz. An item that puts the character in their knocked out pose, but will regain their health and magic, while a monster doesnt attack them. But as soon as they get an order, regain canceled, so is monster ignorance.

Kinda sounds like a combination of Sleep, Death, and Megalixer. But Death overrides all statuses and removes them. Unless you can find out how to make a character stay down, this doesn't seem likely without programming the effect into the game yourself.

They're not bad ideas, I just don't think many of these would work. For now, we're all limited to effects that are known to exist.

ff7rules

• View Profile
I like the idea of the Victory pose provoking the enemy. I think it would be cool if it could be added as a command which inflicts the enemy going berserk (unless there immune to it off course) Play dead could work if that was also a command and say it let you avoid a big nasty attack or something(because the enemy thinks your dead). I think there good ideas but would require alot of effort and patience to do if even possible.