Author Topic: Guess what guys, FFVII!  (Read 1966 times)

Anjelic0

Guess what guys, FFVII!
« on: 2009-05-04 06:27:19 »
Hey there guys! This is my first post here and yeah... it's about FFVII and it NOT running...

Now I've been here before, on several occasions actually, because i've been trying to fix the issue by myself.
Me being an absolute noob obviously didn't help the matter so I just decided i'd better ask for help.

Just to get this out of the way yes, I own an original copy of the game. Here is a link to the version I own:

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-VII-EA-Classics-pc/dp/B000I5HNZM (didn't pay as much for it in pounds though, jeebus! =s )

Also my system is as follows: Pentium 4 @ 3.40GHz, 1GB ram, Win Xp SP3 and my graphics card in a Radeon 9600.
It's a mediocre pc my today's standards i guess, but it hangs tough though.

So i get my copy of the game, install it and try to run it. I got a black screen. Then i press enter and i went to the "new game/continue" menu.
So i start a new game and i hear the music going, but there's nothing going on, it's still black. And after the music stops i would either drop out, have to hard-reset the pc or press "ctrl+alt+del".

The first time i played around with the compatibility settings. I got nothing.

So then i came across this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiCe5JXVsiw

That coupled with what i had read here actually helped. So now I manage to get the opening credits (on a good day though, the odd's of it happening are 50-50) and i manage to start actually playing!
First battle with the two grunts and to the menu where i select cloud's name. Then there's supposed to be a scene where cloud looks up at the reactor but it crashes right as barret stops speaking before that scene.

I've installed the 1.02 patch, the k-lite codec pack (4.8.0 i believe), the truemotion codec and the chocobo-racing patch. In the order i called 'em.

So right now I'm at a loss. I'll try uninstalling everything and then installing and running the game to see if anything is particularly effective or not. But I'd really appreciate any help i could get from you guys.

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Guess what guys, FFVII!
« Reply #1 on: 2009-05-04 06:48:14 »
Maybe try running your movies from the hard drive instead of the cd.

Anjelic0

Re: Guess what guys, FFVII!
« Reply #2 on: 2009-05-04 22:21:34 »
Good call, I'll let you know if it works :) Thanks!