Author Topic: About savemap in FFIX  (Read 6634 times)

Akari

• View Profile
About savemap in FFIX
« on: 2009-10-01 09:24:54 »
Did someone know where it is located in game memory. How it is organized?
I found character data, but can't find other data.

Costa07

• View Profile
Re: About savemap in FFIX
« Reply #1 on: 2009-10-01 13:38:26 »
Might want to talk to Chev about this thing he was working on FF9. His thread is here http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8781.0

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009-10-01 16:14:57 »
Might want to talk to Chev about this thing he was working on FF9. His thread is here http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8781.0

There is topic about models. It's better to separate things. It will be easier to find it later =)

Chev

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-10-01 20:11:18 »
I'm not sure I get what you mean by savemap. The layout of what's put in the save file on the memory card? Or something in the console's ram? I've gotta confess I really just mostly hunted for the model data, but I'll see what I can gather.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-10-02 23:15:37 »
He's looking for the save data structure information.

Cyb

Zande

• 友情は武器よりも強し
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009-10-05 11:38:29 »
Only thing I have about the save files is this, never spent much time with the save data.
« Last Edit: 2009-10-11 20:12:04 by Zande »

Costa07

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-10-09 00:35:48 »
Well at least that is a start

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009-10-09 21:19:51 »
It's been 5 years since I worked on that. Hmmm I'll have to see what I had done.

Cyb

After clearing debris in my computer (gah this thing is full of 10 years worth of stuff and my linux box is worse 15 years!)
(cough)
Anyhow seems some of the information is a little different I have.
Listed under support I have ability learned, however Support may make more sense, namely because the bit fields simply do not match what has enough learning points.  At the same time, each character has a set of unique skills and common skills that can be learned. Vivi can learn magic where as Dagger/Garnet and what's her name can learn summons. However all of them can learn things like bug killer etc. I have 64 I suppose to match the number of bits in the 'support' thing  so I have fewer unknown space. As yet I have seen nothing in the first 16 columns.  Does anyone have a complete set of saves from begining to end of game is MCR format? (ePSXe) I just don't feel like playing through 40 hours of game to get a large amount of data suddenly.  

I remember the same problem with FF8 I got about 6 hours into it and ... hmmm :D

Oh and the name size is not 8 it's 10 symbols
at 0x002C WORD 2nd HP max
0x002E WORD 2nd MP max
0x0038 is the status byte for the character as some status changes do not end after combat (Darkness for example) not sure about petrification also... anyhow.

Cyb
« Last Edit: 2009-10-10 15:32:29 by Cyberman »

Zande

• 友情は武器よりも強し
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-10-11 19:52:49 »
Hmm, ye kinda seems so. In the japanese version (which is the only one I found right now), there's even 2 names stored for afew characters. Like Zidane have both "ジタン" and "?" stored within these 10 bytes, Garnet have both "ガーネット" and "ダガー" etc. Can remember that in the english version (besides, it kinda shouldn't be possible to store both anyway!). I also though it was 8 because Salamader wouldn't fit, hence he's called Amarant, oh well. :)

I'll see if I can dig out some savegames, I usually don't use more then 1 slot though.
What's the 2nd MAX HP/MP for anyway?
« Last Edit: 2009-10-11 20:12:34 by Zande »

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-10-16 03:51:27 »
Hmm, ye kinda seems so. In the japanese version (which is the only one I found right now), there's even 2 names stored for afew characters. Like Zidane have both "ジタン" and "?" stored within these 10 bytes, Garnet have both "ガーネット" and "ダガー" etc. Can remember that in the english version (besides, it kinda shouldn't be possible to store both anyway!). I also though it was 8 because Salamader wouldn't fit, hence he's called Amarant, oh well. :)

I'll see if I can dig out some savegames, I usually don't use more then 1 slot though.
What's the 2nd MAX HP/MP for anyway?
Ugh that took me forever to find out. Max HP/MP with enhancements. IE +10hp mods for stone settings.  They have some limit they set (calculate?)
I've got more data as well. :D

Cyb