Author Topic: quick clarification for new guys  (Read 5575 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
quick clarification for new guys
« on: 2010-05-26 19:41:36 »
just to reiturate, as some might get confused, its not illegal to use iso's made FROM legitemate games you own, its illegal to download said isos from another source who does own the game. for instance, i run my game off isos, but i made these iso's from a legitemate copy of the game i bought from a local store years ago, and i run the iso's rather than the disks because my disks are old and getting beat up, and i would rather preserve them.

so iso's from your own game you already own

allowed

iso's from a source or torrent when you yourself didn't make them?
n
not allowed

^_^

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
Re: quick clarification for new guys
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-26 20:01:36 »
Just to reiterate as some might get confused, it's not illegal to use ISOs made FROM legitimate games you own. It is illegal, however, to download said ISOs from another source who does own the game. For instance, I run my game off ISOs, but I made these ISOs from a legitimate copy of the game I bought from a local store years ago. I run the ISOs rather than the disccs because my discs are old and getting beat up, and I would rather preserve them. Not to mention using the ISOs rather than the discs is a lot faster.

Allowed:
ISOs from your own game you already own

Not Allowed:
ISOs from a source or torrent you do not own

^_^

There are a few grammar mistakes, but other than that, this is pretty good for newcomers.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-26 20:03:11 by DarkFang »

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-26 20:14:16 »
Just to reiterate as some might get confused, it's not illegal to use ISOs made FROM legitimate games you own. It is illegal, however, to download said ISOs from another source who does own the game. For instance, I run my game off ISOs, but I made these ISOs from a legitimate copy of the game I bought from a local store years ago. I run the ISOs rather than the disccs because my discs are old and getting beat up, and I would rather preserve them. Not to mention using the ISOs rather than the discs is a lot faster.

Allowed:

AHHHHH ya got me :P

oh wait, no, it should be, you have gotten me again, good fellow :P

Not Allowed:

^_^

There are a few grammar mistakes, but other than that, this is pretty good for newcomers.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-26 22:54:06 »
ISO's are Good to keep the original disks from scratching up as much and most newer harddrives (or at least the ones on my laptops) make a heck of a racket with old CD's. I get it on the thief games too.
Allowed:

Not Allowed:

^_^

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-26 23:13:40 »
oook, somethings obviousely wrong with the response ability

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-26 23:33:56 »
I can't see what either of you wrote.

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-26 23:46:53 »
ISO's are Good to keep the original disks from scratching up as much and most newer harddrives (or at least the ones on my laptops) make a heck of a racket with old CD's. I get it on the thief games too.
Allowed:

Not Allowed:

^_^

works fine for me

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-26 23:55:30 »
oook, somethings obviousely wrong with the response ability

Is that what's going on here?

It seems to work fine for me as well :-\

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-05-27 08:01:30 »
I think this should be in other thread. If its clarification it should be added in the rules in the Read First forums. When I was a newbie here I kinda ignored this forum first. So maybe they'll read it first there.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #9 on: 2010-05-28 03:36:43 »
I think this should be in other thread. If its clarification it should be added in the rules in the Read First forums. When I was a newbie here I kinda ignored this forum first. So maybe they'll read it first there.

newbies never read until there told off, its something thats become obvious nowadays. rather sad, if it continues, its gonna get bad enough where people are gonna start getting kicked out for not reading the rules right away.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-05-28 03:59:09 »
... if it continues, its gonna get bad enough where people are gonna start getting kicked out for not reading the rules right away.
One can only hope

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #11 on: 2010-05-28 04:08:41 »
... if it continues, its gonna get bad enough where people are gonna start getting kicked out for not reading the rules right away.
One can only hope

not that im happy that its getting to that point.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-05-28 10:19:35 »
Maybe there should be something like when you register before you can enter the forums the rules will be viewed and maybe leave a countdown like in megaupload for wait download. Then after its done the newbie can tick the I agree button or I accept the rules or something. Well if its possible though.