Miscellaneous Forums > Troubleshooting

Custom graphics driver for FF7/FF8 [v.1-.7.6]

<< < (93/392) > >>

Aali:

--- Quote from: drfeelgud88 on 2009-06-02 18:24:48 ---idk if i did this right... but i got the driver and i put the whole thing into my folder and when i merge the 64-bitvista file (i have 64-bit vista OS).. i run the ff7.exe and it says that it stopped working... i no im being all newbie at this but did i do it right?

--- End quote ---

You had it working before, didn't you? Does this only happen with the latest version?
Can you post the contents of APP.LOG?

Idec Sdawkminn:
I just realized the bloom shader was turned off. I thought it had been on. I tried it. Man, that thing looks weird!

You said the shaders designed for ePSXe could work with this. I looked at the Natural Vision Shader and it has 4 files. They end in .FP .SLF .SLV and .VP. The ones you have end in .FRAG .POST and .VERT. I could assume that the .FP would correspond with .FRAG and .VP would correspond with .VERT, but .SLF could also correspond with .FRAG and the same with .SLV and .VERT.

What would I need to change in ff7_opengl.cfg to make it use this shader?

drfeelgud88:
actually i reinstalled the whole game and only used the latest driver... and um how do i send the app?

d33eniz:
'kay Aali it was MY fault xD

Yes it was the sound driver- I don't know why, but when I added your registry-key- my sound reg-key has been deleted^^

So, it's working now and it's awesome- thank you man :D

This mod is much better than the High-Res Patch! It's awesome too, but this is unbelievable!

No big bugs, errors, failures and you're working on it hardly!

Nice Job man,

Deniz

Aali:

--- Quote from: Idec Sdawkminn on 2009-06-02 19:50:12 ---I just realized the bloom shader was turned off. I thought it had been on. I tried it. Man, that thing looks weird!

You said the shaders designed for ePSXe could work with this. I looked at the Natural Vision Shader and it has 4 files. They end in .FP .SLF .SLV and .VP. The ones you have end in .FRAG .POST and .VERT. I could assume that the .FP would correspond with .FRAG and .VP would correspond with .VERT, but .SLF could also correspond with .FRAG and the same with .SLV and .VERT.

What would I need to change in ff7_opengl.cfg to make it use this shader?

--- End quote ---

They can work, but you need to make some changes to the code. Only GLSL shaders will work and you need to have some experience with the language to make the necessary changes.

drfeelgud88: use any free upload site, or put it on a pastebin and post the link here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version