Author Topic: 10 key reasons why the Obama presidency is in meltdown  (Read 13574 times)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: 10 key reasons why the Obama presidency is in meltdown
« Reply #25 on: 2010-08-17 22:06:31 »
Not so easy in the UK; I'd need a whole political party. And there are almost as many barriers against newcomers and third parties in the UK as there are in the US.

I also have a big problem with lying and I hate schmoozing people, so I'd make a terrible politician.

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-08-17 22:10:44 »
Not so easy in the UK; I'd need a whole political party. And there are almost as many barriers against newcomers and third parties in the UK as there are in the US.

I also have a big problem with lying and I hate schmoozing people, so I'd make a terrible politician.

I'd figure the UK and Canadian systems are fairly similar (parliament - no president - the queen is almighty).

If they are, you couldn't be elected prime minbister but you could run for local office and build from there.  you never know ...

the discontent only needs a voice to be eard through ...who knows if that might be you!

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-08-17 22:15:34 »
I'd get slaughtered if I got into politics. I know it sounds like I'm making excuses, but I'm the polar opposite of the kind of person who does well in the political world. The only thing I could do is work behind the scenes and secretly run the country whilst a person more palatable to the public pretends to be the one in power (like Peter Mandelson did when Labour were in charge). Unfortunately, that requires money at the very least.