Author Topic: Random  (Read 13382 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Random
« Reply #25 on: 2010-10-08 01:58:08 »
I don't understand what all of this is about but all I have to say about the moderation around here is this: Love it or hate it you must live with it. It's not like you have any choice :P

It isn't like the moderation round here is that bad.  Guitar was all for the rabid destruction we had before order was created.  I've been on plenty of forums where the moderation is biased and frankly, crap.  I'd be the first to whinge if I thought the mods here were sh*tty.  Fact is, they are doing a good job so stop whinging and move on if you don't like it.  It is 10X better than how it was before, where trolling was actively encouraged.

What we have today is a forum which is working.  A community which is coming together and doing what it should:  Modding FF7.  To quote Reeve in the original translation of VII "I don't give a damn about the details!"

LostWingx

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-10-08 02:18:08 »
Based on my mental construct of the Qhimm Forum's Mission Statement (my bad if there is actually such a thing), the mod conduct here seems to be a perfect match.  Those who match the culture here fall right into place and thrive.  For those less technically inclined or those new modding, the learning curve is just a little flatter.  Being part of the latter group, I haven't had much to offer yet, but I make honest attempts to contribute when I can.  Seeing as you have to be a total jerk or a complete imbecile to face any serious consequences, it seems the mods are doing their job well.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-10-08 02:28:07 »
But obesebear, I was pointing out even further how great of a mod you are. I mean, I thought that would have at least crossed your mind about his posting violations, however little and stupid they were. I WAS trying to help you mod, this thread! Please man, I'm taking your advice and trying not to be so uptight. As for the rabid destruction, that was an improvement compared to what was the administration before the troll apocolapse happened to this forum. Complaining? Never once did.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #28 on: 2010-10-08 02:31:11 »
I'm lost. Is anybody else lost?  :?

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #29 on: 2010-10-08 02:38:37 »
But obesebear, I was pointing out even further how great of a mod you are. I mean, I thought that would have at least crossed your mind about his posting violations, however little and stupid they were. I WAS trying to help you mod, this thread! Please man, I'm taking your advice and trying not to be so uptight. As for the rabid destruction, that was an improvement compared to what was the administration before the troll apocolapse happened to this forum. Complaining? Never once did.

no offence buddy but obesebear doesn't need your help to moderate this thread, arguing about it at this point is making a very mute point, if drfeelgud88 wants to formally thank him for his great work in the totally unrelated area, then i don't see any problem with that at all, what i'm saying is let him deal with violations of the rules, and just enjoy the content.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010-10-08 02:42:52 »
WEll he made it a point to tell me I haven't ever helped him. So I guess I thought he wanted me to start? Hmmm. Oh well I guess I'm just not someone that can do anything right :/

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-10-08 09:06:17 »
For those who are lost, N.B. This thread is now about how much moderating this thread needs, and how much help the moderators need to moderate it.

Also...

Something about a very mute point...

The Grammar Nazi inside of me is dying to correct you; it's "moot" point, not "mute" point ;D Always count on Shadowseer to catch you out on your English.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #32 on: 2010-10-08 18:35:51 »
Did you say Shadowseer? :D

What is wrong with this thread? Is this thread so much trouble? Should I delete it to prevent anything?

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-10-08 22:29:15 »
No.  This thread is fine.  Don't worry about it.  In my "N.B.", I was being sarcastic...

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #34 on: 2010-10-08 23:30:27 »
What's N.B?  :o

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-10-09 02:02:06 »