Author Topic: VII problem, game wont even start..  (Read 3289 times)

endlessdamage

• View Profile
VII problem, game wont even start..
« on: 2010-10-28 16:56:38 »
Ok, I just installed VII on my new computer. YAY! But no, not yay. When I try to open up the game, the screen is just black. After a minute or two, a small white box appears. Nothing else. I have yet to apply any mods, other then Aali of course. But I yet to ever have a problem with that, and I didnt change any of the settings in it yet! So I am at a loss. I am confused, and honestly. Pissed. Can anyone help? The game doesn't crash or anything so theres nothing else I can tell you ]=

EDIT: Actually I can give you a few computer specs. I am running Windows 7 Pro, and I have a 512 mb ATI HD video card. I bought it a while back and don't remember exactly which model, but if you need to know I will find out.

Just a little add-in, VIII works fine on my computer except for a few minor crashes here and there, but once i restart the game all is well again..
« Last Edit: 2010-10-28 16:58:45 by endlessdamage »

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: VII problem, game wont even start..
« Reply #1 on: 2010-10-29 06:57:53 »
Reinstall?

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-10-29 16:58:57 »
I tried reinstalling with no success, when I did reinstall i tried to play before putting Aalis drivers back on, just in case. Also with no luck. I am just completely lost.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-10-29 17:34:12 »
Try running as admin?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #4 on: 2010-10-29 17:37:36 »
If you push a button (it will be on the keypad) to start the game do you hear the little chime?

Your videos obviously aren't playing correctly. Start with getting that fixed. There's already lots of posts about that here.

After that it might be a video driver setting. I fixed two of my graphics-related problems by turning off Ansiotropic filtering (whatever that is). Just play around with what you have.

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-10-31 03:28:54 »
Hey guys, sorry I didnt answer, I forgot I made this post, as I have been playing VII =]

It was a major screw up on my end. Just sheer stupidity. I was putting in the FFVIII disk.. I didnt even realize, and the "Please insert disk" error never showed up, so I automatically assumed that I had the correct disk in ]=

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #6 on: 2010-10-31 05:03:27 »
Hey guys, sorry I didnt answer, I forgot I made this post, as I have been playing VII =]

It was a major screw up on my end. Just sheer stupidity. I was putting in the FFVIII disk.. I didnt even realize, and the "Please insert disk" error never showed up, so I automatically assumed that I had the correct disk in ]=

Lmao, stoner moment. 

Endless Damage:  "Time to make some pizza"  *Places cardboard box in oven*
« Last Edit: 2010-10-31 05:05:35 by xLostWingx »

endlessdamage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-10-31 07:26:14 »

Lmao, stoner moment. 

Endless Damage:  "Time to make some pizza"  *Places cardboard box in oven*

Ah yes, I have most definitely been there. I have also tried to cut that same pizza with a spoon... I cannot tell you where my logic was in that, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.