Author Topic: Slight issues with mods  (Read 1683 times)

MancRanger

Slight issues with mods
« on: 2012-01-16 21:52:17 »
Hi everyone. I've been lurking around for a while reading up on everything before I put together the mods how I like them, now after painstakingly downloading everything to make the bootlegger have all green and yellow when it searches for the mods, I am having 2 issues while playing the game

Issue 1) When I try to play in full screen (no matter what the resolution) I only get the top left hand corner of the game taking up most of my screen, meaning its pretty useless at full screen

Issue 2) I'm getting some slowdown mainly in the battles (sound is fine, just the visuals) Its sometimes taking 10-15 seconds to catch up, and I'm pretty sure with a 2.8Ghz processor with 8gb ram, I shouldn't be getting that

They are probably easy fixes and I'm just being a dumbass, but any ideas you have please send em my way because besides these issues i'm loving playing with the mods and want to do a Let's Play on it very soon

Thanks

MancRanger

Nismo

Re: Slight issues with mods
« Reply #1 on: 2012-01-17 19:01:49 »
Im not 100% but I thought i had seen something about the compress_textures option in the ff7_opengl file, i could be wrong but have a look and change the setting from "compress_textures = no" to "compress_textures = yes" It may be covered in the Readme.

Hope it helps.

MancRanger

« Reply #2 on: 2012-01-17 19:15:34 »
Hmm Very odd. i don't seem to have that in my config file. Only thing to do with textures is the linear filters. what is that meant to resolve? The fullscreen issue or the speed?

Thanks for the help :)

Livesey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-01-18 00:56:14 »
Are you running on Aali's custom driver?

MancRanger

« Reply #4 on: 2012-01-18 11:02:56 »
Well I assumed it was in with the bootlegger, but I've had a look in the list of files and its not there. Does it need to be installed separately?

*EDIT*
(Hope this is ok, don't want to double post)

Reet I've had a tinker, I've solved the fullscreen issue. Now it won't play at all in fullscreen BUT I can have it at the fullscreen resolution in windowed mode

Now my only issue is this bloody slowdown :( Which isn't just in battle like I originally thought

And also the ATB and Limit bars are wonky in battle (overlapping and stuff)

Blimey I sound like such a whiney bugger haha :s
« Last Edit: 2012-01-18 22:57:47 by MancRanger »