Author Topic: Square Enix talks Final Fantasy 7 remake, Kingdom Hearts III, and Versus XIII  (Read 25326 times)

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
Here is my feeling on the reason the Final Fantasy VII remake unfortunately has a very high chance of not happening. Final Fantasy 7 is their baby, it's their Magnum Opis. Final Fantasy 1 gave gamers something new to play that was different from all the other Nintendo games out their, but Final Fantasy 7 was just beautiful and so graphically intense for it's time. It's like when a parent has more than 1 child, and has a favorite but doesn't want it to show, but everyone knows anyway.

They are afraid that if they make a remake of it, they will ruin the game. It won't have the same feel as the original did, and won't cause the same reactions that the old one did. It might even cause some people to react badly and it could be the game they wish they never made.

The reason I think this way, is that they have remade Final Fantasy 1 - 6, some multiple times with just updated graphics and adding more dungeons and items, and a few here or there that have added voices in them. They are also doing an HD remake for Final Fantasy 10 for the ps3 and Vita (which I am hoping will add online multiplayer Blitzball), but they haven't touched, or have made any announcement of a 7 remake.

They know that if they remake 7, they will change more than just the graphics and doing that may ruin the game for all it's fans. Now, if a remake is made will I buy it? You damn right I will, and until that day comes I will still have hopes of a remake, but don't get too strung up on the idea. The longer they go without doing a remake, will be longer you crave for it. So until the possibility of that day comes to view on the horizon, just stick with Qhimm and all the amazing mods they have come up with, cause for now, this is the best possible remake out their.

archerxtreme

• View Profile
Here is my feeling on the reason the Final Fantasy VII remake unfortunately has a very high chance of not happening. Final Fantasy 7 is their baby, it's their Magnum Opis. Final Fantasy 1 gave gamers something new to play that was different from all the other Nintendo games out their, but Final Fantasy 7 was just beautiful and so graphically intense for it's time. It's like when a parent has more than 1 child, and has a favorite but doesn't want it to show, but everyone knows anyway.

They are afraid that if they make a remake of it, they will ruin the game. It won't have the same feel as the original did, and won't cause the same reactions that the old one did. It might even cause some people to react badly and it could be the game they wish they never made.

The reason I think this way, is that they have remade Final Fantasy 1 - 6, some multiple times with just updated graphics and adding more dungeons and items, and a few here or there that have added voices in them. They are also doing an HD remake for Final Fantasy 10 for the ps3 and Vita (which I am hoping will add online multiplayer Blitzball), but they haven't touched, or have made any announcement of a 7 remake.

They know that if they remake 7, they will change more than just the graphics and doing that may ruin the game for all it's fans. Now, if a remake is made will I buy it? You damn right I will, and until that day comes I will still have hopes of a remake, but don't get too strung up on the idea. The longer they go without doing a remake, will be longer you crave for it. So until the possibility of that day comes to view on the horizon, just stick with Qhimm and all the amazing mods they have come up with, cause for now, this is the best possible remake out their.

Few points i may have a slightly different idea....but still +1 to strife98!!!! :)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
They are doing FFX because it's not a remake at all, it's just another one of those PS2->PS3/Vita remasters that's so popular right now... and with the tools that Sony has given developers, it's pretty damn easy; in terms of new assets, it'll probably be re-drawn HUD elements and some other 2D artwork, but that's about it.

Remaking or even remastering a PSX game would take far more work, since they'd have to do pretty much everything from scratch. Not to mention, PS1 graphics don't hold up nearly as well in HD as PS2 graphics do.

edit: I'm actually not sure Sony has made these tools. It might've been Bluepoint Games, since PS2 remasters are pretty near all they've done.
« Last Edit: 2012-05-30 18:29:13 by Covarr »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions

archerxtreme

• View Profile
Disturbing  :-o