Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4972376 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #2325 on: 2015-12-24 20:53:54 »
Sounds like sarcasm, but in the event that it isn't; I'm sure someone would love that, although an updated database-thingy would be just as good. :>

I was being serious! I can take a screenshot of each enemy individually thanks to the Kimera tool, and probably use a template for each slide to have the important info on the right, maybe some notes on it's AI behaviour/Attacks, with the image on the left ;-;

dragonmaster0283

• View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: 2015-12-28 12:16:32 »
Hey just wanted to give an update on my progress with the game (v1.35 with the HP patch applied).  Been loving all the changes you've done to the game and its really well done.  Given the game a fresh uplift from the base game and I'm having tons of fun playing it.   The HP values post patch seem perfect for the fights.

The brass dragon fight was really well done and much kudo's for it. One fix for that fight though as X can be petrified by the dragon's slow-numb and thus take 0 damage from all of brass's attacks and being petrified doesn't flag him as dead in the dragon's eyes so he doesn't use the full wipe move.  This happened on my 2nd attempt of him (first one didnt know to keep him alive).

Currently level 68-70, 3 limits gotten and only 1 materia cave gotten.  Man these fights are rough.  Aeris Limit fight took 30 mins as she would not keep both the flames locked long enough for me to kill one so I basically osmosed all 9999 mps from each one after i made myself immune to gravity.  The bomb king wasn't too bad after I exploited the fact that the little bombs can be finishing touched out of existence without them blowing up since killing them with demi (they weak to gravity) still causes them to blow up.  Still trying to figure out the other materia cave bosses and how they work but that is what makes it fun. 

I assume things like the Aegis Armlet, Imperial Guard, Warrior Bangle, Fourth Bracelet and Ziedrich come from the extra fights in the battle arena since they are ???? on the list.  I also assume that the 4 magic materia (fullcure, planet,shield,contain) and 4 command materia (double-cut, and the 3 W's) come from them as well since I did chocobo racing to S and didnt see them, they are not part of the GP buys, and dont see them on the battle arena awards list.

Also a question as well regarding master materia.  Mainly the master summon materia (if it is possible to get).  I notice with all the summon materia, even though they only have 1 star they are not showing that they are "Mastered" but just gaining AP.  One did show up as mastered (choco/mog) but the rest like my Bahamut-Zero only gaining AP.  Is this an issue with getting the master materia (or even can you get them)?

But great game and looking forward to v1.4.  You've done an awesome job on the whole thing.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: 2015-12-28 13:40:29 »
I'll add a handler for the Brass Dragon fight to cover Slow-Numb, and I'll add a text that hints at the fight's mechanic.

Full Cure, Planet, Shield, Contain, etc. are all Extra Battle prizes (talk to the NPC in navy blue whenever you kill an Extra Battle monster for the first time), but several Armours weren't implemented into the game yet. There was a plan to save these for the New Game+ portion but I've decided to reintroduce everything for the 1.4 build instead.

Sounds rough Osmosing those lanterns down. These can be Berserked which I think prevents them from healing up their group as much. I also forgot about the Finishing Touch thing for the small bombs; I could add a handler onto BK himself to cover it maybe.

I wasn't supposed to leave Master Magic/Command/Summon available (another thing planned for NG+) but at some point Bugenhagen's Observatory was restored back to it's default scripts. I'm going to tinker with a possible Materia Creation system using the Huge Materia and possibly either the player's current Materia inventory or some other value like SP (something to use it for after maxing out the Rank Up system) at some point but details are sketchy until I've explored what's possible. I've fixed the Summon Materia in 1.4 to all drop at Mastered instead of continually accruing useless AP like Underwater Materia (I don't think they affect Missing Score).

Cheers for the feedback, bud; if you run into anything else then let me know.

dragonmaster0283

• View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: 2015-12-28 14:30:25 »
Sure thing.  One thing I forgot to mention.  I kinda locked myself out of Wutai by not doing it on disk 1 or 2 (I forgot :P).  So Id assume the only missables I can't get are the HP and MP absorbs and whatever is in that one chest the lady is blocking.  I did climb the pagoda and got leviathan and got the stuff from the da cho fire cave but wondering if anything other is majorly missable.  Big oops on my part though.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: 2015-12-28 14:49:18 »
I forgot that Wutai 'auto-completes' once you reach Disc 3. I think HP Absorb is available from the Crater, but not sure if MP Absorb is. I'll check and make sure to add it to the Crater as well just in case.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: 2015-12-28 14:52:06 »
The brass dragon fight was really well done and much kudo's for it. One fix for that fight though as X can be petrified by the dragon's slow-numb and thus take 0 damage from all of brass's attacks and being petrified doesn't flag him as dead in the dragon's eyes so he doesn't use the full wipe move.  This happened on my 2nd attempt of him (first one didnt know to keep him alive).

Seeing this made me remember the final boss of the Dark Cave. If memory serves, I think I accidentally petrified it by spamming break, forcing me to use a soft on it, in order to keep damaging it.
Not sure if this is intentional or whatever, but I figured it was worth a mention, in the event that it wasn't.

Also, out of curiosity, will you be adding some superbosses for 1.4 as well? :> Would love some repeatable challenges, much like Nemesis, even if it just rewarded you with a Medal or token of some sort.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: 2015-12-28 15:57:46 »
I've a few drafts for superbosses that may or may not go into Disc 3...

dragonmaster0283

• View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: 2015-12-28 16:29:18 »
Would love to see a boss fight akin to the elementals fight in FF4 (my fav ff).  Kinda like how the the hardcore mod has the fight with multiple phases with an killable enemy every phase.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: 2015-12-28 16:39:11 »
Or perhaps the superbosses from FFV or the "elemental guardians" from FF1? :>

Edit: Just encountered a couple of oddities, while doing my 2nd playthrough of NT (with the HP fix this time, for easymode fun!)

Aerith being found in Kalm, while she's supposed to be at the forgotten City, and getting an errormessage upon grabbing Kjata, saying something about having the maximum amount of materia & that I should discard some.

Please use the "Modify" button at the top right of your posts when you need to add something, instead of double-posting. ~Vgr
« Last Edit: 2015-12-28 17:10:59 by Vgr »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: 2015-12-28 21:46:31 »
Would love to see a boss fight akin to the elementals fight in FF4 (my fav ff).  Kinda like how the the hardcore mod has the fight with multiple phases with an killable enemy every phase.

Well, I just got done making a Lich GT for a new event (he turned out quite well, I think). I was going to drop the Barbariccia variant because it's essentially just a palette swap but I could try tinkering with the model if there's time. Although that would mean there'd need to be a Cagnazzo :l

Or perhaps the superbosses from FFV or the "elemental guardians" from FF1? :>

Edit: Just encountered a couple of oddities, while doing my 2nd playthrough of NT (with the HP fix this time, for easymode fun!)

Aerith being found in Kalm, while she's supposed to be at the forgotten City, and getting an errormessage upon grabbing Kjata, saying something about having the maximum amount of materia & that I should discard some.

The Kjata Materia bug was reported a while back, but I think I forgot to provide a fix for it. I'll make sure it's patched for the 1.4 release. And the Aeris thing is an oversight; I'll need to add something like a game moment check to stop that from happening. Good thing you caught that.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: 2015-12-28 22:38:05 »
hey sega chief

is ultros gonna be added in 1.4

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: 2015-12-29 01:28:00 »
I dunno, nothing seems to work as a base model.

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: 2015-12-29 07:09:14 »
How about these beach tentacle monster? Maybe the final jenova model...

Snap006

• View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: 2015-12-29 08:17:04 »
Does equipping the sneak glove give you a better chance at stealing rare items? If I remember correctly in the vanilla, if you equipped the sneak glove it would be harder to get rare items.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: 2015-12-29 09:01:17 »
Does equipping the sneak glove give you a better chance at stealing rare items? If I remember correctly in the vanilla, if you equipped the sneak glove it would be harder to get rare items.

I believe that in order to get the rare steal, you have to "fail" (?) the common steals or something, like the game rolls for the common ones first, and if those fail you have a shot at the rare one.
And the sneak glove, if memory serves, increases the odds of the common steals, so I doubt it helps at the rare ones. :<

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2340 on: 2015-12-29 13:27:12 »
How about these beach tentacle monster? Maybe the final jenova model...

It's not so much that; I can't really sculpt from scratch so I need to use/reshape existing parts and there's not a lot about that can fit the bill for the head.

I believe that in order to get the rare steal, you have to "fail" (?) the common steals or something, like the game rolls for the common ones first, and if those fail you have a shot at the rare one.
And the sneak glove, if memory serves, increases the odds of the common steals, so I doubt it helps at the rare ones. :<

That should be correct; I based it on the problematic Vagyrisk Claw steal from the vanilla game: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Bagrisk
The idea was that rare steals were to just be an occasional bonus that could pop up from time to time, with everything being available later on anyway. I've had to review that for bosses though, because there's people who feel compelled to re-attempt for these steals over and over so I've removed the rare steals from them as a kind of intervention :I

Snap006

• View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: 2015-12-29 15:06:32 »
That should be correct; I based it on the problematic Vagyrisk Claw steal from the vanilla game: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Bagrisk
The idea was that rare steals were to just be an occasional bonus that could pop up from time to time, with everything being available later on anyway. I've had to review that for bosses though, because there's people who feel compelled to re-attempt for these steals over and over so I've removed the rare steals from them as a kind of intervention :I

The only time I feel compelled to redo bosses SPOILER

was in the dark cave when I stole THE rare item from Tifa then died.

They really need to add a spoiler tags >:(

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: 2015-12-29 15:12:27 »
That is pretty unfortunate, considering what that rare steal actually is.

Snap006

• View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: 2015-12-29 18:53:07 »
That is pretty unfortunate, considering what that rare steal actually is.

So the better item is the normal steal?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: 2015-12-29 22:10:54 »
No, it's unfortunate because the rare steal is Tifa's ultimate weapon and you died after getting it the first time is all.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: 2015-12-30 13:59:51 »

Does this mean you've removed the rare steals from all bosses (?), or simply the earlier ones in the game?

Snap006

• View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: 2015-12-30 14:15:34 »
Playing the dark cave and love it. Ever thought about adding a quest in the future, that would split your party and let you use all members like the phoenix cave in ff6? It makes mastering materia and saving armor important throughout the game.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: 2015-12-30 17:37:18 »
Does this mean you've removed the rare steals from all bosses (?), or simply the earlier ones in the game?

All the rare steals were removed from bosses (and the Morph) so you can focus on fighting the boss; I've shifted around a lot of the drops/steals as well.

Playing the dark cave and love it. Ever thought about adding a quest in the future, that would split your party and let you use all members like the phoenix cave in ff6? It makes mastering materia and saving armor important throughout the game.

That sidequest was originally going to be three parties in three different locations, but I didn't have a very clear idea on what was going to happen so I went with Midgar instead. I could maybe do something a little more ambitious with the new game+ along those lines.

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: 2015-12-31 09:01:15 »
Oh, about removing the morph I 'm 99% sure I morphed Jenova when you encounter it in the ship between Junon and Costa. Can't remember what it gave tho but was probably an armor or an acc.

Edit: Btw, is NG+ planned for 1.4 or is it still for 1.5 ? And if it's planned for 1.4, will we be able to full clear 1.35, then patch to 1.4 to start in NG+ or will we need to refull clear 1.4 before ?
« Last Edit: 2015-12-31 09:03:58 by aquecoucou »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: 2015-12-31 09:20:01 »
All the rare steals were removed from bosses (and the Morph) so you can focus on fighting the boss; I've shifted around a lot of the drops/steals as well.

As much as I enjoyed getting items a bit prematurely from bosses (such as 2 ribbons in the temple of the ancients!), I'm okay with this. It really was tiresome at times, as many, myself included, always go for the best items the earliest, which really can be a hassle in the current patch.

Really looking forward to seeing how the item "distribution" will be in 1.4 :> When you get X, Y and what not. This could potentially change how one deals with certain bosses/enemies. o/

Edit: Is Cid's x3-weapon (scimitar) still at the underwater reactor, like the database states? Doing another playthrough, at Hojo, but I don't have it somehow. :> (Can't recall where I got it the last time Oo)
Edit # 2: Never mind, found it in the crater. o/
« Last Edit: 2015-12-31 12:42:22 by Mithrain »