Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4972281 times)

lionheart82

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #2450 on: 2016-01-10 16:14:43 »
Ahh sorry mithrain, my bad, meant mid january, was writting in haste. So hopefuly by jan end well see 1.4 :-O

RynxXK5

• View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: 2016-01-10 16:20:41 »
Yep, Beacause will get blocked when using NT. You can unblock it by deselecting NT. Beacause will work with the Vanilla game or any of the options that have + The Reunion added to them in Gameplay - Difficulty and Story. Beacause is not compatible with NT, N7, Jessie Mod, and Sephiroth Story Mod.

Yea the thing is i had those selected and it was still crashing (not the reunion stuff but tge second category). I'll test again and let you know but i only those two selected from those catagories.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2452 on: 2016-01-10 16:28:44 »
This nt mod is something i believe should be default settings in the game, along with beacause and mo, everything else, like hardcore mod extras. It just makes one realy appreciate the game and all its little details. I never, bit i mean never used those attack items like vampire fang etc, which now im discovering for the first time, and its like brand new dlc even though it was there all the time, bit never used bc the game was so easy.

Just so you know, NT will not be compatible with Beacause...probably ever. From what we understand at this point, it can only be done manually, which is way too time consuming of a project. MO will work just fine though.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: 2016-01-10 16:43:24 »
I know alyza, thanks, you answered me that q a while back, was just stating my thoughts, that w those 3 together, the FF7 game would be perfect game, 10/10, and with these updated graphics a mobile 10/10 also, if not pc. PC version is waiting for a remake, so we'll see how that turns out. :-)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2454 on: 2016-01-10 16:49:29 »
Ahh okies. Sorry for repeating myself then. The forums have been pretty flooded lately, and it has me bouncing everywhere. I sometimes lose track of what's been said.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: 2016-01-10 16:54:27 »
Ahh okies. Sorry for repeating myself then. The forums have been pretty flooded lately, and it has me bouncing everywhere. I sometimes lose track of what's been said.
Don't be, thank you for being everywhere and being proactive. :-)

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: 2016-01-10 17:06:23 »
You'll find Poison Materia in it's original location, the treasure chest up on Floor 67 of the Shinra HQ.

You can get rid of Refraction's Reflect by bouncing your spells off the afflicted character four times; they'll bounce onto Reno rather than back at the caster.

Ps my suggestion is to toughen reno a bit, i was only frustrated with the battle bc i wanted to morph him and smtn allways messed it up, someones counter, critical instead of normal hit before morph etc, but otherwise hes a pushover. I know hes just messing around, delaying time for the bomb to go off, but still, compared to other beefed up enemies he just has a lot of hp. Again just my thoughts and feedback.

You did mention that all bosses will be non-stealable, but how about morphing? Are some morphable or none also?

Thx for poison tips, im guessing the game would be too easy with poison all from the start.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-10 17:09:08 by lionheart82 »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: 2016-01-10 17:25:12 »
You did mention that all bosses will be non-stealable, but how about morphing? Are some morphable or none also?

All the rare steals were removed from bosses (and the Morph) so you can focus on fighting the boss; I've shifted around a lot of the drops/steals as well.

(And yes, I stalk this thread far too much at this point.)

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: 2016-01-10 17:27:16 »
Thx mithrain, just keep on stalking. ;-)

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: 2016-01-10 18:14:42 »
Ps my suggestion is to toughen reno a bit, i was only frustrated with the battle bc i wanted to morph him and smtn allways messed it up, someones counter, critical instead of normal hit before morph etc, but otherwise hes a pushover. I know hes just messing around, delaying time for the bomb to go off, but still, compared to other beefed up enemies he just has a lot of hp. Again just my thoughts and feedback.

Thx for poison tips, im guessing the game would be too easy with poison all from the start.

Were did you get morph materia at that point in the game.

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2460 on: 2016-01-10 18:17:30 »
Were did you get morph materia at that point in the game.

The garden at Aerith's house. Where Cover is, in the original version.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: 2016-01-10 18:43:33 »
The garden at Aerith's house. Where Cover is, in the original version.

strawberries  >:( >:(, I missed it, I picked up the ether but missed the materia. Can I still get if I am at the part of fighting Reno before the plate is destroyed.

Ignore me, I realized I can go back and get it when I see Aerith's mum before infiltrating the Shinra HQ : :)
« Last Edit: 2016-01-10 18:48:27 by Yuffie1983 »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: 2016-01-10 18:48:29 »
strawberries  >:( >:(, I missed it, I picked up the ether but missed the materia. Can I still get if I am at the part of fighting Reno before the plate is destroyed.

Hum hum, not that I know of. But Reno can't be morphed anyway, so just go ahead and slap the shit out of him and grab it afterwards.

RynxXK5

• View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: 2016-01-10 18:56:32 »
Just so you know, NT will not be compatible with Beacause...probably ever. From what we understand at this point, it can only be done manually, which is way too time consuming of a project. MO will work just fine though.

Copy so i just wanna make sure im only using mo, it says menu overhaul from the reunion or something in the menu catagory option 2 correct?

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: 2016-01-10 19:22:04 »

Also Lionheart82 & Yuffie1983, he didn't say mid-february. :)

The HYPETRAIN is real.

lol :)

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: 2016-01-10 20:03:36 »
Copy so i just wanna make sure im only using mo, it says menu overhaul from the reunion or something in the menu catagory option 2 correct?
Yep MO option in retranslation/beacause works with nt mod, it has been patched just recently. If you select nt beacause is unavailable anyway and i suppose vice versa.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: 2016-01-10 21:11:19 »
1.4 is on the way; what might delay the estimate now is how work looks next week. There's a very suspicious block of empty shifts and someone on night-shift is on holiday for that week. May need to hide my phone.

Reno, along with every other boss and enemy, has been tweaked and/or overhauled for the new build. The fight wasn't changed drastically, but you can check it out here: https://youtu.be/792zRdzXXKw

The Turks have finally lost their red suits from the very first build :l

Bosses in general are losing their Morph + Rare Steal; this is to remove any temptation from going for those in-battle and let players focus on just fighting the boss instead. Let me know if this is a problem and you want them brought back or something.

I like how he says it maybe once during the entire game and then it's treated like his catchphrase all of a sudden. I maybe peppered it into the game's dialogue a couple more times because of that.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: 2016-01-10 21:13:29 »
Hey there...

Something seems off with my install. This is way harder than the hardcore mod.
The 10 mins limit in the first reactor for the boss, the second battle and 4 random battles made me game over the first time... And the battle in the second reactor just over killed me... very fast...
My chars do 40 damage with limits... Is Cloud supposed to start with 1 dex? These awefull stats will start improving when? Leveling up does not change them (as stated in the read me) and I still haven't received points to "rank up".

Am I missing something?

Best regards,
João

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: 2016-01-10 21:31:59 »
Ah, looks like we've got a combination of Arrange and the .EXE. If I remember right, the .EXE had a problem with Limit Break damage but I thought I'd updated it. Also, that .EXE changes the materia status bonuses/penalties on Materia but this was made before the Rank Up was brought in and character starting stats were changed (that's why the Dex has hit rock bottom).

I'd recommend not using NT's .EXE and playing it on Original mode; I need to do a lot of balancing to Arrange mode and probably to make a new .EXE to make it more compatible with the mod. Fair warning, I'm also working on the mod's overhaul, 1.4, which'll be out later this month.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: 2016-01-10 21:51:32 »
What a shame... I was looking forward to play the new content...
The rank up system seems far-fetched. They could level up with new curves for stats, but depending on the main story kinda makes you run for it... Going half way to an FFX-like stats customization doesn't cut it for me.
Everything else seems great. Loved the new 10 minutes to escape and the second battle. The specific abilities for each char also... and pretty much everything else really.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: 2016-01-10 22:08:09 »
The rank up system seems far-fetched. They could level up with new curves for stats, but depending on the main story kinda makes you run for it... Going half way to an FFX-like stats customization doesn't cut it for me.
Everything else seems great. Loved the new 10 minutes to escape and the second battle. The specific abilities for each char also... and pretty much everything else really.

I actually really liked the Sphere grid and ffx stats customization, actually a game came out a few years ago which was pretty successful which basically copy and pasted the sphere grid called path of exile, a diablo-ish clone. I got bored of it pretty quick but it's redeeming feature was the sphere grid, it allows a lot of customization. That's what chief's system does to an extent, a lot of customization options. Actually I really liked ffx-2's battle system too despite loathing many aspects of that cash in/fan service. I've heard plenty of people complain about the voice acting of 10, getting rid of the over world map, the look of Tidus, I agree with these things to an extent, but I've never seen someone not like the sphere grid before :).

That's not saying I don't think the sphere grid could be improved, I think it might have been in the international version from what I've seen, everyone starts in the middle and the loops/circles of pre-reqs you have to go through are gone. Sounds pretty good to me.

I'm actually playing persona 4 and persona 3 fes for the first time right now, and I'm really loving how your stats/resistances are affected by your personas I think Ni no kuni was like this too. I just love stat customization I guess, I was a kid growing up with diablo 2 Lord of Destruction as well. So maybe I am a bit biased to the old ways :D

Actually one of the things that pissed me most off about ff7 before I found out about mods was that there was intended to be a tradeoff when you equipped magic materia, your physical stats, like strength and vitality were supposed to take a hit, whereas other support materias were supposed to boost your stats. In the base game I mean they do that but the impact is so small it doesn't seem to matter. Why make a mechanic if it can be ignored? I'm not far into new threat but it seems like Chief corrected this problem I had which is why I really like this mod so far along with the new bosses and tweaked old bosses. I actually took all my magic materia except cure off Barret and put support materia on him, and he serves as my tank sort of. I always liked the Job system too, ever since Tactics where I found out about it. Having roles is kind of a step towards the job system which I think is why I managed to beat x-2, the dress spheres were basically jobs if I remember right.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-10 22:18:57 by olearyf2525 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: 2016-01-10 22:14:55 »

It'll be more periodic than FFX's system; something that only happens once in a while. The two major problems with the current build is that there's no way to track SP directly and that the option is available from the get-go, even though it's not going to be of any use until a little later. The plan for 1.4 is to let SP be won from random encounters in addition to bosses and to only unlock the option itself after the party leaves Midgar. After that you'll only be visiting the screen now and then to give your team an upgrade.

We'll see if it pans out for the new build or not; if it doesn't then I'm not averse to just ditching it altogether. There is a lot to be said for the convenience of automatic stat gain, but I'm hoping that this system can get players more involved with how they build their team.

Snap006

• View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: 2016-01-10 22:30:31 »
Just watched your youtube video of the 1.4 Rufus battle. Is that the music from NFL Gameday?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: 2016-01-10 22:44:03 »
...maybe.

Edit: No wait, it's job search from no more heroes.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-10 22:47:04 by Sega Chief »

RynxXK5

• View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: 2016-01-10 22:45:29 »
Think I have all my issues worked out and thank everyone for the help. Maybe I could help now as well, couldn't you technically use a save game editor to give cloud a few sources to boost his dex til 1.4 hits?