Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 5005500 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #4400 on: 2016-11-17 11:55:07 »
Hmm, something might be wrong then; a dialogue is supposed to start when talking to it.

BelialLion

• View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: 2016-11-17 17:58:11 »
Hmm, something might be wrong then; a dialogue is supposed to start when talking to it.

Yeah because I remember in the last version there was something similar in its spot (unless I'm mistaken) so I was just curious.

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: 2016-11-18 00:33:56 »
Hey Sega, I mentioned earlier that I've been getting extra luck sources with Cid when I ranked him up. Just wondering if it was intended or not.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: 2016-11-18 00:54:04 »
Hey Sega, I mentioned earlier that I've been getting extra luck sources with Cid when I ranked him up. Just wondering if it was intended or not.

Might be that the text wasn't changed to reflect the new changes made to sources given (or vise-versa); I'll have a look.

BelialLion

• View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: 2016-11-18 02:51:45 »
Hey Chief, quick question. Have you done anything different with the Limit Breaks since the previous version? Asking more in the sense of if they're still learned along the same ways as in vanilla, and if anything at all was done to give any added effects (I vaguely remember you talking about this a while back but if I'm wrong, correct me.).

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: 2016-11-18 03:08:33 »
Hey Chief, quick question. Have you done anything different with the Limit Breaks since the previous version? Asking more in the sense of if they're still learned along the same ways as in vanilla, and if anything at all was done to give any added effects (I vaguely remember you talking about this a while back but if I'm wrong, correct me.).

The kills and uses needed to unlock them were adjusted, so was the HP damage needed to fill gauges for each character. Should be faster to learn Limits.

BelialLion

• View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: 2016-11-18 03:12:31 »
The kills and uses needed to unlock them were adjusted, so was the HP damage needed to fill gauges for each character. Should be faster to learn Limits.

Yeah I'm still in Disc 1, playing as work allows me, right outside of Junon (btw great rebalance of the boss there, it seemed a lot smoother than the last version; not too hard or easy it felt just right). I already have Meteor Strike on Tifa, using her with Cloud and Aerith for right now. I was just interested because I noticed that Tifa was gaining her Limits quite quickly (but not a complaint in the slightest :D).

Guilou

• View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: 2016-11-18 06:22:25 »
Hey thanks for the answer i passed the tornado. I now have a question please, is there a list or anything about morphing and the weapon(s) which have not the damage reducted when using it ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: 2016-11-19 14:24:57 »
Hey thanks for the answer i passed the tornado. I now have a question please, is there a list or anything about morphing and the weapon(s) which have not the damage reducted when using it ?

Weapon-wise, I think most 'Ancient' weapons don't have the penalty, namely:
-) Nail Bat
-) Rocket Punch
-) Work Glove
-) Superball
-) Trumpet Shell
-) Silver Gun
-) Mop

Yuffie's Conformer definitely doesn't have the damage penalty as well. As far as where Morph items are, I'm working on a list that'll go with the next update using SirBlackMage's spreadsheet which should make it a lot easier to find which enemy has what.

trance7

• View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: 2016-11-19 20:19:30 »
No matter how hard I try, I cannot get Ziegfried to show up. I've looked in every forested area I could find. Is it disabled beyond a certain point?

SaltyWalty

• View Profile
« Reply #4410 on: 2016-11-19 21:44:13 »
Whom is Ziegfried?

BelialLion

• View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: 2016-11-19 21:56:46 »
No matter how hard I try, I cannot get Ziegfried to show up. I've looked in every forested area I could find. Is it disabled beyond a certain point?

The mountain range right by Junon is where I got him to show up. I was just running back and forth as far top in the forested area that I could and he eventually appeared as I was just grinding (because tbh I forgot that he was around there since the last version). If you've tried that already, maybe just a continuous spout of bad luck? Sorry if that doesn't help :/

trance7

• View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: 2016-11-21 23:11:44 »
I've searched in basically every forest in the game. Probably about 15 battles each. Nothing.

I'm in disc 2, right before the Midgar raid.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: 2016-11-21 23:43:05 »
There must be something after Junon that's disabling it. I found a few of these in places like Cosmo Canyon (and the cargo ship I think) where it would deactivate the battle at certain points and then reactivate it when you're due to return to the world map...provided Yuffie isn't recruited.

There must be another one somewhere.

BelialLion

• View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: 2016-11-22 05:04:49 »
There must be something after Junon that's disabling it. I found a few of these in places like Cosmo Canyon (and the cargo ship I think) where it would deactivate the battle at certain points and then reactivate it when you're due to return to the world map...provided Yuffie isn't recruited.

There must be another one somewhere.

I'll keep an eye out myself, as I kept a separate file where I didn't encounter him so I'll catch up on that one as well and see if that happens to me. I remember when I was playing on my main file that I just eventually ran into him, but I was just screwing around in that particular patch of forest (this is right after the Mythril Cave fight with Rude/Elena so in this instance I hadn't entered Junon at all yet) and using the Spriggans to quickly grind some Limit Breaks. It was probably well over 30 or so battles before that happened. So I'll see if I can't replicate that on the spare file where I hadn't encountered him yet.

As an aside, I liked how you handled the Dyne fight this time around! :)

trance7

• View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: 2016-11-22 05:38:03 »
Okay there are some ridiculous glitches happening to me right now. For one, the every time I run into the save point below the Sister Ray, I get a random encounter with...FINAL FORM HOJO. I am able to beat him over and over again just by running into the save point.

Also, I was excited to fight the Curator, and when I get there...he's gone. Nothing. I was able to walk into the room and grab the "treasure".

Also, the Junon League NPC is nowhere to be found. I can't play it at all. :(

Guilou

• View Profile
« Reply #4416 on: 2016-11-22 06:59:53 »
Hey guys, now i am at cd3 and i tried to begin cloud's sidequest in shinra mansion basement because i did run check everythings and just nothing. Is there anything to do to except being cd3 to unlock access to it ?

Guilou

• View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: 2016-11-22 07:14:29 »
Oh nevermind just found it from the googledoc readme thanks anyway awesome ideas that u've got

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: 2016-11-22 08:04:07 »
Okay there are some ridiculous glitches happening to me right now. For one, the every time I run into the save point below the Sister Ray, I get a random encounter with...FINAL FORM HOJO. I am able to beat him over and over again just by running into the save point.

Also, I was excited to fight the Curator, and when I get there...he's gone. Nothing. I was able to walk into the room and grab the "treasure".

Also, the Junon League NPC is nowhere to be found. I can't play it at all. :(

You need to apply the flevel hotfix patch; the hojo fight was placed for debugging while I made a HP adjustment and forgot to remove it. Junon Leagues was temporarily disabled for the time being while I relocate it to an unused Cargo Ship field; curator not being present is odd though, and his AI seems to have been acting up so I've some things to fix there.

SaltyWalty

• View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: 2016-11-23 00:17:12 »
oh... thats ok.... i didnt want to know who ZiegFried was anyway... thats ok...

BelialLion

• View Profile
« Reply #4420 on: 2016-11-23 01:31:33 »
Yo Chief, got a question about the Shinra Mansion in Nibelheim. Apparently I missed this so when I was going back through it (looking to see if I encounter that Ziegfried lock), I noticed clue #5 on the paper that gives you the safe hints. I played the piano inside the mansion and got the trigger dialogue but was unable to find anything different of note. Did you merely add that as something you had to do to get the safe to unlock, or is something extra supposed to happen w/that?

EDIT: Asking about when you first get there still in Disc 1, sorry I shoulda specified.

trance7

• View Profile
« Reply #4421 on: 2016-11-23 08:04:42 »
oh... thats ok.... i didnt want to know who ZiegFried was anyway... thats ok...

quote from the "where is the thing" txt file:

"MP Plus: Won from Ziegfried, a forest encounter that replaces
   the Mystery Ninja encounters."

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #4422 on: 2016-11-23 11:34:48 »
Yo Chief, got a question about the Shinra Mansion in Nibelheim. Apparently I missed this so when I was going back through it (looking to see if I encounter that Ziegfried lock), I noticed clue #5 on the paper that gives you the safe hints. I played the piano inside the mansion and got the trigger dialogue but was unable to find anything different of note. Did you merely add that as something you had to do to get the safe to unlock, or is something extra supposed to happen w/that?

EDIT: Asking about when you first get there still in Disc 1, sorry I shoulda specified.

The event you've found is not related to the safe, but there is some correlation to the monster that's inside the safe; its death text is different for each form and there's a purpose to that.

BelialLion

• View Profile
« Reply #4423 on: 2016-11-23 17:19:01 »
The event you've found is not related to the safe, but there is some correlation to the monster that's inside the safe; its death text is different for each form and there's a purpose to that.

Ah, okay. I was really curious about that. I got "19...." for its death text cause I killed the magic form (because I killed the physical form in the last version). Also, I liked that you put in an option to pick your date for the Gold Saucer event. Does everyone come with an item when they come to take Cloud out for the night, or just Yuffie? (Chose Nope for pick my date just to see what would happen).

trance7

• View Profile
« Reply #4424 on: 2016-11-23 17:21:57 »
I'm having an issue stealing from the enemies in North Crater. My party is all level 99 from fighting Hojo multiple times, and I know that negatively affects steal rate. However, now I can't seem to steal anything from any enemy in the North Crater. I spent a good 30 minutes straight just attempting steals against a Crater Dragon with no success. Am I absolutely screwed because of my levels?