Author Topic: An apology  (Read 14256 times)

magitek

• View Profile
Re: An apology
« Reply #75 on: 2020-06-17 20:38:45 »
I'm a new user, but I got here because of Reunion. I tried 7H but Reunion is a much better mod and is a shame it is not supported in this forum.

As a new user I can sort of understand banning him, he was rude sometimes.

However I can't understand how those users bashing him in his thread to not being banned together. It was a very clear bulling, even when he ignored and did not respond, they kept coming again and again after days and weeks, even after the mod said not to in the Reunion thread. After being ignored by him, some even quoted themselves to continue bashing him. So, how come those are not banned?

The impression I got is that for FF7 they won't work together for the best of users, saying that you can't use this or that. It's a shame. And even if he was like that, maybe the other mods could be the better men, but it looked like they were competing to who was the worst. And as I stated before, how come only he is banned?

hasteroth

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2020-06-17 21:22:14 »
I joined this forum specifically because of the Reunion, but after so much of the drama I observed... Especially the stuff Tsunamix pointed out in his goodbye thread. I was actually shocked this took as long as it did to happen. It's probably already been said, but I don't think the popularity of someone's mod should have any bearing on how they are treated by admins.

mav

• The Sauce team
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2020-06-17 22:05:57 »
Personally I feel this topic served its purpose and it's probably time to close it. Otherwise it will be a never ending stream of "you should have not ban him", "he should be banned a long time ago", "you should ban the others for attacking him". All of those concerns and opinions were answered already in this thread. I think it's time to move on and put this behind us.

magitek

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2020-06-17 23:04:30 »
Personally I feel this topic served its purpose and it's probably time to close it. Otherwise it will be a never ending stream of "you should have not ban him", "he should be banned a long time ago", "you should ban the others for attacking him". All of those concerns and opinions were answered already in this thread. I think it's time to move on and put this behind us.
It was not answered why the others got away unpunished. It was explained the reason he got banned, and I can agree to that.

As a new user all I saw was people getting together to attack him, badmouthing, so he could attack back to get banned (considering his already bad temper), and that took some time as he was ignoring them all and they continued attacking. That was so clear that you could argue it was kind of planned.
« Last Edit: 2020-06-17 23:10:02 by magitek »

obesebear

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2020-06-17 23:18:53 »
Agreed.

It was not answered why the others got away unpunished. It was explained the reason he got banned, and I can agree to that.

As a new user all I saw was people getting together to attack him, badmouthing, so he could attack back to get banned (considering his already bad temper), and that took some time as he was ignoring them all and they continued attacking. That was so clear that you could argue it was kind of planned.
I answered it earlier but I'm on mobile. You'll have to dig through 4 pages to find where I addressed it.

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2020-06-22 04:42:16 »

I'm a new user, but I got here because of Reunion. I tried 7H but Reunion is a much better mod and is a shame it is not supported in this forum.

As a new user I can sort of understand banning him, he was rude sometimes.

However I can't understand how those users bashing him in his thread to not being banned together. It was a very clear bulling, even when he ignored and did not respond, they kept coming again and again after days and weeks, even after the mod said not to in the Reunion thread. After being ignored by him, some even quoted themselves to continue bashing him. So, how come those are not banned?

The impression I got is that for FF7 they won't work together for the best of users, saying that you can't use this or that. It's a shame. And even if he was like that, maybe the other mods could be the better men, but it looked like they were competing to who was the worst. And as I stated before, how come only he is banned?
still waiting to hear back from mods on the response to bullying...
it really did feel that way to allot of us...  people getting together to attack him...
someone even wrongfully claiming he was a covid denier etc... at some point it got personal...

Matthew4170

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2020-06-22 06:33:43 »
I haven't been keeping up at all with what's been going on. I only visited due to a ping on the discord server about the reunion's removal. But I guess it's good to hear this. Moving on and all that.

Bonez

• What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2020-06-22 07:16:47 »
Was opening this thread back up an accident? Have we not gotten enough drama yet? Lol.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2020-06-22 08:34:47 »
We're moving stuff around, was probably an accident