Author Topic: FFIX Debug Mode  (Read 6925 times)

D@rio

• View Profile
    • http://www.myfantasy.prv.pl
FFIX Debug Mode
« on: 2005-08-15 13:26:18 »
You guys probably know better than I do - there were some various sites on Google which reported a code which would allow one to go to the debug mode, but then the game would freeze. These codes weren't working for me (and now I even forgot when they were, so can't link to them).

Anyone found something interesting while playing with FFIX, which could be a debug mode?

Cyberman

• View Profile
Re: FFIX Debug Mode
« Reply #1 on: 2005-08-16 16:25:56 »
Quote from: D@rio
You guys probably know better than I do - there were some various sites on Google which reported a code which would allow one to go to the debug mode, but then the game would freeze. These codes weren't working for me (and now I even forgot when they were, so can't link to them).

Anyone found something interesting while playing with FFIX, which could be a debug mode?
I believe the debug mode was purposefully removed so people couldn't reverse engineer FF9.. as for what you might want to know about FF9 someone here has decoding some of the models.  I've been fighting OpenGL instead of hacking so.. it will be a while before I get around to beating on FF9 sadly.

sfx1999

• View Profile
FFIX Debug Mode
« Reply #2 on: 2005-08-16 19:46:21 »
Fighting? Do you need any tips on how to do something?

Zande

• 友情は武器よりも強し
    • View Profile
FFIX Debug Mode
« Reply #3 on: 2005-08-17 00:39:15 »

Didn't find whilst playing, but there's a hidden debug menu item in the world map menu. :P

Cyberman

• View Profile
FFIX Debug Mode
« Reply #4 on: 2005-08-17 15:37:25 »
Quote from: sfx1999
Fighting? Do you need any tips on how to do something?

Because I used C++ objects OpenGL does not behave in an 'obvious' easily classified fashion. In fact it's down right bloody anoying trying to use OpenGL and C++ if your are developing classes to render in OGL. :) That's how simple it is.  I probably should give up for now and work on something else.  Battle models and models in general just won't be viewable tell I resolve the anoying issues.

Lord_Skylark

• View Profile
FFIX Debug Mode
« Reply #5 on: 2005-08-20 01:05:44 »
Does the JP version of FF9 have the debug room working? Because I have a copy of both the US and JP versions. I could check on the JP version if someone can get me a code for it.

~Sky

sfx1999

• View Profile
FFIX Debug Mode
« Reply #6 on: 2005-08-20 18:00:24 »
How is that a problem? You can write functions to take objects to draw.