Author Topic: [FF7PC] NPC Reconstruction (Discontinued, use Unified Model Installer)  (Read 572526 times)

stormmedia

• View Profile
Re: NPC Reconstruction Project
« Reply #200 on: 2006-05-08 23:56:57 »
okey so just extract your original char.lgp in the ...\final fantasy\data\field\char (erase all the files in this folder before doing so) then I think you know how it work for the rest

see you

Veleiro

« Reply #201 on: 2006-05-09 01:37:31 »
Oh hey stormmedia the link doesnt seem to work to the above version :?

EDIT: NEvermind, got it on the previous page.

Is this version the combined NPC Reconstruction with what stormmedia also added, the properly sized models?  For instance, before I downloaded NPC reconstruction.. and then the models that stormmedia did...

so it was Reunion ->                NPC RP -> Stormedia..   so now its together?
« Last Edit: 2006-05-09 01:45:57 by Veleiro »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2006-05-09 03:32:06 »
yes this is the combine the reunion and the npc's project the projects so you don't have to install reunion anymore and the models have been changed for mine and... well I know my link doesn't work since today ... I don't know if it will ever rework so I think I gonna look for another server ... again ... this is hard to find a good one that does all I want and doesn't goes down every day ... well sorry for the trouble I'll edit the above post once I get a good host that will stay online...

well see you
« Last Edit: 2006-05-09 03:51:32 by stormmedia »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2006-05-09 06:25:05 »
Yeah, also your pics are down.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2006-05-09 11:29:00 »
hmmm tazko-hosting seems to be down or is it just me having gay dns problems

I believe it's just down. There's another link for the patch on two pages previous this one.

For the most recent patch, I downloaded it, installed it, everything, but Cloud doesn't display the sword on his back on the world map. He does everywhere else. Strange...

Also, I had an idea: Since you have the Buster Sword on Cloud's back, would it be possible to somehow have the sword that Cloud's currently equipped with be displayed instead of the Buster Sword? Not sure if this is possible, but it'd be excellent if it were. I can imagine some problems with the longer swords, but I'm sure there would be solutions to those.

Anyway, regardless, this is an excellent patch, and you guys need to keep up the good work!!

Thrashamatrix

• There is no spoon, kid....
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2006-05-09 12:07:32 »
 :lol: I just installed it and it looks and is *&^$% aweserm its fantastic guys

I like....no love, the new world map stuff, and more NPC's = GOOD  :-D makers of NPC's=GOD :-D I hope you guys are still enthusastic about continuing the patch :roll:

Could someone maybe EmperorSteele host the pictures as Storms server is not very reliable and if you go back some pages you will see that this problem is a continous problem, I would like to see changes as I download but it's not a big deal if no one wants to host them.

I have not encountered any bugs.... yet so I think its quite safe  :roll: (Goddammit I hate these smileys :-D :-) :-( :-o :? 8-) :lol: :x :-P :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :wink: :| :mrgreen: they so do not show what Im feeling lol)

Keep up the good work, every body is behind you all the way!

V_mod

« Reply #206 on: 2006-05-09 13:59:38 »
Hi,

Just a simple question,

Does this patch work on win98, or only xp??

I did everything as in the readme, ran the exe , then suddenly :? (program is  [not responding]).

Thrashamatrix

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2006-05-09 15:31:26 »
What froze?! LGP tools or the game itself? Be more exact with your words in your questions it doesn't matter how "simple" a question is, if you don't give all the specs and all the info we can't help you even (as in my case) if we wanted to....  if you get what I mean. 8-)

LGP tools does seem to stop responding but give it 2 minutes of a death stare :evil: then it will wake up, and start responding! :lol:

If it is the actual game I did not know that the NPC_RP had compatability issues. as I am playing in XP :-P
What is your game version  What patches are using..... etc   

AOD

• Angel of Death
    • View Profile
    • AOD Hosting
« Reply #208 on: 2006-05-09 15:49:41 »
i got errors when trying to patch it maybe can you put a zip file containing the files inside the .lgp's and for the people that have mods like the ummm advent children faces for the party menus because i value em and its a pain to find my install disk again so if this is possible it would help

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #209 on: 2006-05-09 16:14:10 »
Is reunion included in the new patch?

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2006-05-09 16:29:43 »
Thrashamatrix: I think I found a new potential host lol for my files ...

zero88: that's a good idea indead but ... unforunatly it'd be very complex to do it because we would have to modify the program to do it ... and do a model for each sword .. but that wouldn't be hard to do these models ... but the problem will be how to call them ingame. ..
Oh and for cloud in the world map it's not the same files so it's possible but in the patch it's supose to change this files so cloud is risized and have the sword on his back ... but I think that you had the reunion file so the patcher didn't reconized it and didn't change it ... you got to have the original .lgp file in the ...\final fantasy VII\data\WM  and rename to "world_us.lgp" if you don't have the US version

V_mod : I've never tested it in win98 but I think it supose to work .. as Thrashamatrix  said LGP tools may seem to freaze but if you let it some times it will be okey

AOD: the error you got is because of the version of the char.lgp ... I think you'd better reinstall the game and backup your original char.lgp file so the next version of the npc all you'll have to do is to extract your original char.lgp in your final fantsy VII\data\field\char and start the patcher

Christian: yes it included the reunion patch.... well modified to be exact but you don't have to install it anymore

hope this will help

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #211 on: 2006-05-09 16:33:36 »
Cool!
I just installed it, and its great!

:mrgreen: lol, a funny smily

AOD

• Angel of Death
    • View Profile
    • AOD Hosting
« Reply #212 on: 2006-05-09 21:54:17 »
Thrashamatrix: I think I found a new potential host lol for my files ...

zero88: that's a good idea indead but ... unforunatly it'd be very complex to do it because we would have to modify the program to do it ... and do a model for each sword .. but that wouldn't be hard to do these models ... but the problem will be how to call them ingame. ..
Oh and for cloud in the world map it's not the same files so it's possible but in the patch it's supose to change this files so cloud is risized and have the sword on his back ... but I think that you had the reunion file so the patcher didn't reconized it and didn't change it ... you got to have the original .lgp file in the ...\final fantasy VII\data\WM  and rename to "world_us.lgp" if you don't have the US version

V_mod : I've never tested it in win98 but I think it supose to work .. as Thrashamatrix  said LGP tools may seem to freaze but if you let it some times it will be okey

AOD: the error you got is because of the version of the char.lgp ... I think you'd better reinstall the game and backup your original char.lgp file so the next version of the npc all you'll have to do is to extract your original char.lgp in your final fantsy VII\data\field\char and start the patcher

Christian: yes it included the reunion patch.... well modified to be exact but you don't have to install it anymore

hope this will help

umm no its world_us.lgp
and stormmedia contact me asap
http://stormmedia.aodhosting.cjb.net/npc_project/NPC RP v0.5.zip
« Last Edit: 2006-05-09 21:57:11 by AOD »

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2006-05-09 22:26:43 »
Thanks a lot! That solved my problem.

Turns out that my "world_us.lgp" was modified, and I didn't back-up the original  :-o Had to reinstall everything  :-(

Oh well. It was worth it.

bluesummers182

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2006-05-10 01:00:41 »
okey so just extract your original char.lgp in the ...\final fantasy\data\field\char (erase all the files in this folder before doing so) then I think you know how it work for the rest

see you

oh yeah i got it in my last post, that's why i congratulated you guys

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2006-05-10 23:24:28 »
okey ppl I've updated my post on the previous page with my links and the pics ... they are all working now

see you

Mikey_nz

« Reply #216 on: 2006-05-11 06:31:13 »
Well ive been lurking since you started this project and have decided to register and ask what percentage of the way through do you think you are at now?

Im being petient and waiting for completion before I use it, you guys are helping make FFVII a fresh experience again :)

Great job so far!

V_mod

« Reply #217 on: 2006-05-11 14:18:27 »

hope this will help

After a reinstall it works even on win98 and millenium  :-D. The problem was the default, unalterable path which the patch used to update the files in data/field/char, and LGPtools really worked fine and had no fault here. It would be more convenient if patch.exe recognised an unstandard install path... but since it works, there's no point in complaining.

Keep up the good work :wink:

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2006-05-11 15:27:03 »
well Mikey_nz ... I don't know exactly the percentage but it's around 30 or 40% I think ... it's because I don't know exactly how many models the char.lgp contain... it's around 250 I think and we have 93 models done it this realese ....

and V_mod that's good to hear that it's compatible win98/me

see you all

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2006-05-12 07:58:46 »
Yo.

If you don't want to use that messy-ass page, just let me know, and I'll host them on ff7-universe

Just uploaded the latest version.

http://www.ff7-universe.com/Downloads/NPC_RP_v0.5.zip 

no adds, no popups, no wait times, nothing.  Only downside being that i dunno how to let multiple users ftp in just to upload things, so, yeah.

=)

i like to say thank you EmperorSteele for hosting too. I was going to ask if would host it when the patch is done cos i remember all them years ago. That i was looking on the net and then i seen http://www.ff7-universe.com/
cos of your site i'm on this forum i was thinking when you update your site next that you put this on there that why we both benefit

Edit
link      http://www.filespoint.com/point/3390534/NPC_RP_v0.5.zip.html no wait times
« Last Edit: 2006-05-12 13:54:50 by ice_cold513 »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2006-05-12 14:45:54 »
Yeah a big thanks to EmperorSteele.  It's the best link we have ... mine are fast but are always offline :x

So thanks you again!

See you!
« Last Edit: 2006-05-12 14:48:49 by stormmedia »

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2006-05-12 15:27:23 »
whoaaaa at this rate you'll have all the models done in another month or so, anywho its looking good and i cant wait for the next update and i was wondering if you could make an incremental of the next version instead of haveing to reextract the original char.lpg

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2006-05-12 15:43:58 »
Personnaly I think it'd be more simple without any files version check.  But ice_cold think it's better like that ... kind of help to figure out some problem cause... but well looks like it caused more problem that it solved so far, everyone that has post problem so far was about this file check... what do you think ice_cold ?? In the next version don't do files version check it'll solved many problem I think.  Anyways now that the patch is independant the worst that could happen is that the char.lpg file will contain useless files that are not used anymore by any models but it doesn't realy matter I think.

Inu268

« Reply #223 on: 2006-05-12 17:58:20 »
hey....are there any other tools to pack the files together instead of of ficeudla lgp tools?cause everytime i try to pack the files back into char.lgp it freezes....

Thrashamatrix

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2006-05-12 18:08:19 »
Just wait it out, the LGP tools does not have a progress bar so it just says that it is not responding. but it wiil resume after some time. :lol: