Author Topic: Stormmedia Fluid Fantasy Sound (SFFS)  (Read 55353 times)

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
Re: Stormmedia Final Fantasy Sound (SFFS)
« Reply #25 on: 2006-05-13 08:21:31 »
Well ... did u use the setting I've said in the readme because there is a specific way to setup synthfont so it work properly in realtime.  For exemple the too fast problem may be that you have to set the playback buffer to One large circular buffer.  You have to set it to Several small buffer of 1024 that's the better way if you have a good machine.  You can raise the samples/buffer if you have some problem but keep in mind that more you rise it more you will have some slowdown in the music.

Hpe this will help!
Thanks for your help, but i think ill continue playing with FFmusic and the minipsfs.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006-05-13 14:24:13 »
It's your choice.  I admit that it's a little hard to setup and it's still in beta version but, concerning the looping you'll get better result with this and you gonna have all the Final fantasy original music but in better quality.  Maybe if you explain a little more the problem you are got I could help you more with this.  But as I said it's your choice if you don't want to use it ... but if I succed to help you maybe it will help other that got the same problem

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #27 on: 2006-05-13 17:32:04 »
Maybe ill download it again when its done and its no more beta.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006-05-13 17:39:52 »
Well, if you got a good machine it will work fine even if it's beta.  It's just that the program is not finished yet and the input mode is a little slow.  If I say it's beta it's just because I didn't tested it ingame with all the ff7 music... but I tested them with the input and it was working fine so it's suppose to work ingame too.  If you use the proper setting and you have a good machine it's suppose to work fine.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006-05-13 17:46:53 »
Eh...for me, if the input part of SynthFont ever becomes less resource-intensive, then I may make another attempt at this (or if I upgrade my computer).

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006-05-13 18:00:09 »
Okey, I'll see what I can do about it ... I've already contacted the programer of Synthfont and he said he'll think about some option ... I don't know how long it'll take though... By the time he gives me news I'll try to find another softsyth that would be better.  But as I said in the other post this project is ready if you have a good computer.  I have a P4 3ghz with 1024 ram so if your system match with it I'm sure that it will work fine if you follow the ReadMe.  Maybe it can work with a less powerfull computer but I didn't test it with any other computer so I don't realy know.

Hey zero88  and Christian could you give me the spec of your computer please (just the CPU and Memory the rest doesn't realy matter) ?  I'd be able to make a more specific system requirement.

Well see you!  I hope I'll find a solution for the resource-intensive problem soon.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006-05-13 18:46:29 »
This computer that I use, it's only a PIII 500 mhz, 384MB RAM. I can use a better computer for it, though, but for all intents and purposes with this game, a computer that's even as good or bad as mine should be able to run this good.

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006-05-14 06:40:19 »
Thanks for the spec zero88.

I found another softsyth and I'm testing it now.  I'll let you know if it's better.

See you

Thrashamatrix

• There is no spoon, kid....
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006-05-14 21:44:06 »
Hey storm how goes the never ending modding, I wanted to ask on the next Stormmedia Final Fantasy Sound (SFFS) could you upload it to a non commercial site I don't know any. :-( it's just that my internet gives me hassles on those servers)

In the NPC-RP topic there is a guy saying that if you need somewhere to store files he can help anyway I would love to try it but I got problems. :x

Cya!

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006-05-14 23:58:04 »
Well ... I don't thing he meant to host a 200mo file ... I didn't know that my server had a problem though.  You are the first to tell me that.  I'll see what I can do.

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #35 on: 2006-05-19 15:59:26 »
OK; i tried it again, and the result is the same. I did what you said in the readME and got this result:

« Last Edit: 2006-05-19 16:04:06 by Christian »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006-05-19 23:47:45 »
Okey well thanks for trying hehe.  Well I found another softsynth now.  I have some trouble to compile it though... it's open source and the documentation on this site is not realy good for windows user.  Well I'll make a new update once I got it to work.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006-05-20 05:20:37 »
Well ... I don't thing he meant to host a 200mo file ... I didn't know that my server had a problem though.  You are the first to tell me that.  I'll see what I can do.

Yeeeaaahh, 200mb is a bit much =)

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006-06-02 19:24:11 »
Hey ppl

I continued working on this project these last weeks and I've found a new realtime engin so soon I'll be able to make a new release but for now I'll just give you one winged angel taped with my present work

http://two.fsphost.com/stormmedia/sffs/one_winged_angel.zip

Enya

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006-06-02 21:26:22 »
So, since i´m not the absolutley genoius here, this makes the music that you have modified to replace the old ones? In that case, good :). And if you are you intressted, i have a suggestion of some more musicfiles to be modified. These are: J-E-N-O-V-A, Those chosen by the planet (Sephiroths main theme which loses all its feeling it had in the PS veresion in the PC veresion), Turks theme, The great norhtern cave, and well thats it :)

Hope you continue keeping this project active, since i cant get Ficudelas patch to fix some annoying issues. Great work ^^

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006-06-02 21:29:18 »
Well ... once this project will be finished all the music will be modified since it's a soundfont so as soon as you load this soundfont all mid fille that you will play will sound like that hehe.

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006-06-02 21:31:36 »
Im interested in trying this.. BUt Im not very familliar with this, Ill just have to give it a whirl, ( ACCloud: Ill phone in the verdict! )

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006-06-02 21:43:31 »
Well it doesn't realy worth to try it with the present release because it's kinda buggy because of the realtime engin I've changed this engin now it's almost ready.

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006-06-02 22:33:23 »
Haha I noticed, I did a little test, Extracted lb2_awe.mid from the awe.lgp, loaded lb2.sf2 in SyntFont and I recieved interesting results....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N0QQPKBY
« Last Edit: 2006-06-02 22:47:17 by VincentVal »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006-06-02 22:59:12 »
Well I took the choir from this file and modified the sound of the choir so it sound a bit better because with my soundfont all the instrument sound like in a concert (more or less) and the choir was sounded a little wierd with these instruments... but I gonna modify most of the instruments later.

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006-06-02 23:12:47 »
Ha, I loded lb2_awe.mid with yourSoundFont, exept for the woodblock track, I loded lb2.sf2 with that, and it sounds, Awesome!

EDIT: DAMN! The woodblock track hops between tracks, so The "Veni veni venias, ne ne mori facias!" part is missing at the end! Ill fix that
« Last Edit: 2006-06-02 23:16:22 by VincentVal »

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006-06-02 23:22:12 »
Don't bother I won't use synthfont anymore I have something better now .. and my soundfont is completely modified. I have now a new softsynth that is faster in realtime and it's sound different so I'm doing a soundfont compatible with this new softsynth.

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006-06-02 23:37:39 »
Im looking forward to samples! ;)

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006-06-11 20:53:31 »
Hey ppl

Can you ppl give me your feed back about this test I made:
http://two.fsphost.com/stormmedia/sffs/test.zip

I tried to add some effect (like it was in a storm... or a war with explosion).  I think it make this song more dramatic hehe... well tell me what you think.

Edit:
I didn't even mention what song it is haha... it's the World Map song of the 3th cd.

Edit2:
Here if you want another simple of a mid file I've finished toi modify and taped using my soundfont:
http://two.fsphost.com/stormmedia/sffs/earith.zip
« Last Edit: 2006-06-11 21:04:18 by stormmedia »

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #49 on: 2006-06-12 13:43:28 »
I think this sounds quite good  :-)