Author Topic: How does dexterity work?  (Read 2028 times)

Miketheman

How does dexterity work?
« on: 2006-11-28 19:26:04 »
Hi everyone, this is my first post here and I must say that what you all do is a hecka of an acheviment!! I'm currently learning programming so I won't really be much help (for the now anyways.)

Anyways, what I was wondering was how speed in FF7 works. Like if there is a formula that is used to determine how fast or how slow a characters ATB gauge increases. I don't think I've ever read it anywheres. Plus, does anyone know how a non-miss hit is determined.

Thanks

Cyberman

• View Profile
Re: How does dexterity work?
« Reply #1 on: 2006-11-28 22:46:59 »
It sounds too me you want to know about game programing.

Dexterity is handled many ways. For example one may use it to increase speed and increase ones initiative in a random encounter.

Your REAL question is about game Mechanics this is the same area of AD&D logic etc.  If you have a few RPG or combat games that have statistical information for the character you may want too look at them.   AD&D uses Dice.  This is technically a random number generator.  I suggest looking into game mechanics etc. for RPG games to see how various games handle this.  No matter how you program something it must be based on a set of rules, these rules are also called the game mechanics.   Battle mechanics affect combat situations highly dexterous individuals get an improvement in speed as well as possibly hit bias (IE there chances of hitting are increased).  Another example would be stealing something dexterity could affect the chance of success for example.

Cyb