Author Topic: Safer Sephiroth not so safe?  (Read 14792 times)

LimitBreak

• View Profile
Re: Safer Sephiroth not so safe?
« Reply #25 on: 2009-01-21 21:24:46 »
(...) By the end of disc 4, he'd be comparable to Emerald. (...)
Oh, shoot. I missed that one! What happens on disc 4? :P

On a side note, there was a version of FF7 with cds labeled as Disc1 (InstallCd), Disc2, Disc3 and Disc4, but I suppose it was still Disc1-Disc3 in the game.

Disc 4 is the Install Disc. Right after you defeat Sephiroth, remove Disc 3 and put in the Install Disc. You play as Zack and must revive Aeris and find Red XIII a mate while Cloud is battling Sephy in the lifestream. And the only thing you can use is the Floor Damage materia. Thankfully, it takes place in a huge building and you start at the very top. Then you can run around the world map before returning to the crater to sacrifice yourself for... ah, I forgot where I was going with this. So, in conclusion, TYPO.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-01-21 23:19:15 »
haha, nice reference to the Floor Damage materia

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-05-13 22:47:15 »
guys this is what I have done so far to try and make safer seph harder, since although he gets harder when you level 99 he is still way too easy.

base hp boosted  x 8, this is to not only make the battle feel more epic (long lasting) but also to try and saturate limits on casting eg. if you have a level 2 kotr which can only cast twice, then this gets used twice and he is still alive.
super nova status damage bypass status defense, so confusion etc. will work if you have ribbon.
heartless angel to also do status slow/poison, it will only have a small chance of inflicting status but if it does it will almost certianly mean death, this attack also bypasses status defense.
when safer seph does an animation, starting anim, anim where he flies, anim where he comes back down then haste status will be set on him if its not set.
damage done by deen increased 8x
magic defense extremely high, currently too high so will drop it as comet2 and other attacks that dont ignore defense only do 1hp damage.
currently got kotr not bypassing defense to try and weaken it against him however due to above problem its only doing 1hp damager per hit so this will be adjusted.  The idea is I want it to do 2-4k per hit when cast by high level magic users.
omnislash does about 1.5k per hit with ultimate weapon on lvl 99 cloud I think I got his physical defense good.
zero bahamut which still bypasses defense does around 11k per hit when 9999 limit removed otherwise 9999 damage.

what I want do is change the parameters that make him use his elixir so he will use it when below 10k hp instead of only 900hp.
also if possible change his wall to big guard. which will allow me to stop using the haste on his anim moves.
add ultima to replace 'some'  of super nova  turns so super nova used less but still replaced with a powerful attack.
add everyones grudge attack