Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1252201 times)

Cynas

First, thanks to Titeguy, amazing stuff.  Replay value is through the roof now.

For Squalloffire: I'm playing on hardcore mode right now, and I would not be surprised to find that the kill count requirements have increased by a certain amount in order to obtain them!  =)  If anyone else knows for sure, please confirm.

-Cy

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Yes it is higher(I think?? I forgot the original kills needed to advance a limit). You can edit the needed skills in wallmarket on your own if you want but I don't know if that how gjeorulv did his editing.

Squalloffire

• View Profile
I Have controlled in the topic of the Hardcore patch. You're right: the amount of kills in higher. Thanks to evreyone :)

rpgplayer0491

Hello again, thanks again for your support 18 pages ago. I've stopped playing the game for a long time and now when I start it, I just hear the faint sound of the game starting, the screen stays black and then it throws me back to windows. I started it from the FF7 music configuration in order to see the code, here it is:

Code: [Select]
DataPath is D:\Juegos\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
Init patches
Reading ini...
Parsing paths... -currently mp3\
psf\

D:\Juegos\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
.\

File search paths:
   mp3\
   psf\
   D:\Juegos\Final Fantasy VII\ficedula\
   .\
Files count: 96
Patch init done
----------------------------------------------
WM_ACTIVATEAPP

INITIALIZE DD/D3D START

DIRECT DRAW 2

TOTAL 266047488 FREE 262901760

DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 640 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 1280 RGB 1 BPP 16

DISPLAY MODE MATCH

DD MODE: W 640 H 480 P 2560 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 800 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 1600 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 800 H 600 P 3200 RGB 1 BPP 32

DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 1024 RGB 1 BPP 8

DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 2048 RGB 1 BPP 16

DD MODE: W 1024 H 768 P 4096 RGB 1 BPP 32

Ramp Emulation

Microsoft Direct3D Mono(Ramp) Software Emulation

RGB Emulation

Microsoft Direct3D RGB Software Emulation

Direct3D HAL

Microsoft Direct3D Hardware acceleration through Direct3D HAL

EXCLUSIVE MODE

LOCK UNLOCK TEST

MATRIX INITIALIZE

INITIALIZE DD/D3D END

ERROR: COULD NOT OPEN FILE D:\Juegos\Final Fantasy VII\ff7input.cfg

initializing sound...

creating dsound primary buffer

reading audio file

loading static sounds

sound initialized

INITIALIZING MIDI...

selecting device 0:Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth, mid=1, pid=27,

midi data type: GENERAL MIDI

using midi data file: D:\Juegos\Final Fantasy VII\Data\midi\midi.lgp

midiOutGetVolume returned: ffffffff

MIDI INITIALIZED

set music volume: 127

MIDI set volume: 127

100% of 127 = 127

set music volume: 127

MIDI set master volume: 100

MIDI set volume: 127

100% of 127 = 127

Entering MAIN

Exiting MAIN

START OF CREDITS!!!

If someone would be so kind as to explain me why is this happening and how should I solve it (I tried reinstalling the whole game again but the error doesn't go away). I tried looking for it on the thread but I was unsuccessful. It may have slipped by my sight.
Thanks again.

Cecil81067

Hello, I recently installed the 2.5.1 on a fresh install. I'm running windows 7 64-bit. I got the game working fine and got all the way up to the final battle with the turks in Midgar. The problem I'm having is that before the battle initiates Cloud sorta runs in place and nothing happens after the dialogue appears. I assume he's running to a set location that is for some reason blocked, but can't figure out why. Anyone else encounter this or is my patch malfunctioned?

Klaid Liadon

• View Profile
I saw Multi-language Compatibility packs in the release topic. How does exactly they work? Does they change dialogs in game?
I would like to know if they use the install disc to extract the text data and replace the one in installation folder, leaving as they are all the other elements installed by the Remix Patch.
If so i could use it to apply the Italian patch made by Sadnes City (http://www.sadnescity.it/traduzioni/ff7/ff7.php) to translate the Remix installation. This patch simply check the ff7 files and replace them with the Italian ones (this causes the loss of 3d models and the other effects of the Remix patch). The Idea is to make a fresh install and use Italian patch, make an installation disc with the italian version of files instead of original and then run the language patch.
Is that possible?

ZeugeJehovas

Hi!
Finally i got the patch installed and its very nice  :-D...my only problem is the hardcore-mod!...how can i activate it?
please help! ::)

Loki_

• View Profile
I saw Multi-language Compatibility packs in the release topic. How does exactly they work? Does they change dialogs in game?
I would like to know if they use the install disc to extract the text data and replace the one in installation folder, leaving as they are all the other elements installed by the Remix Patch.
If so i could use it to apply the Italian patch made by Sadnes City (http://www.sadnescity.it/traduzioni/ff7/ff7.php) to translate the Remix installation. This patch simply check the ff7 files and replace them with the Italian ones (this causes the loss of 3d models and the other effects of the Remix patch). The Idea is to make a fresh install and use Italian patch, make an installation disc with the italian version of files instead of original and then run the language patch.
Is that possible?

Looking forward for this, would be great if someone could do that. i'm really a noob in FF7 editing but if someone explain what to do i can help.  ;)

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
Well, I was having some problems with the game crashing, but i fixed it.
(First it was something to do with save files, so i copy and pasted my save files in the FFVII directory. Then it was something about Input.cfg, so I searched my PC for it, found it, and put it in the FFVII directory.)

Then I had some problems with the graphics messing up, but i fixed it.
(I put Aali's graphics patch into the folder again)

Edit: Behold, I have fixed it, but I still get a small error at the beginning that goes away pretty quickly, so I don't mind. Here's what I've done:

But now, when I start a new game, the sound doesn't play on the opening movie (and if the opening movie movie was supposed to be replaced by the new one I found in the movie folders, it wasn't).
And, I don't know how to get the better music files to play. I bring up the FF7 Music program, but I don't know how to work it so I can have the better music.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-29 11:14:30 by Mirenheart »

nikfrozty

• View Profile
Well, I was having some problems with the game crashing, but i fixed it.
(First it was something to do with save files, so i copy and pasted my save files in the FFVII directory. Then it was something about Input.cfg, so I searched my PC for it, found it, and put it in the FFVII directory.)

Then I had some problems with the graphics messing up, but i fixed it.
(I put Aali's graphics patch into the folder again)

Edit: Behold, I have fixed it, but I still get a small error at the beginning that goes away pretty quickly, so I don't mind. Here's what I've done:

But now, when I start a new game, the sound doesn't play on the opening movie (and if the opening movie movie was supposed to be replaced by the new one I found in the movie folders, it wasn't).
And, I don't know how to get the better music files to play. I bring up the FF7 Music program, but I don't know how to work it so I can have the better music.
Covarr made a step by step guide on how to make FF7 Music run properly. Search for it(I'm not sure if the search function works now).

Troy1991

The FF7 Remix Mod looks amazing. Though I was wounder if anyone could help explain a fix to my issue. anyhow I got ff7 installed and patch it with the remix. But for some odd reason my res is way off. typed in the res I desired. But all i get is top half of my screen black. And the bottom half has half the game. Any ideals how to get it working on full screen. I got vista 32bit.

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
Did you do the 1.02 patch first? And Aali's custom driver after? That may be what's causing it.

Troy1991

was the patch i installed that caused it. after about 10 hours I got it working =p

The_Reaper

An error apears when the game starts. I Saw the log and the error is this: "ff7input.cfg file not found". After apply the error message the game starts, but it works very very slow.
For example, the saved menu appears very slow, and If I push the button to change the cursor to other saved game it changes it the selected slot after 2-3 seconds.
The saved game loading process is very slow too, and when the game is loaded, I Saw Cloud, but I can`t play because all works very very slow.

I didn't modify any configuration of files.
MY Hardware is this:
Athlon Sempron 2800 
2GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce FX 5400 (256MB)

It's a problem of hardware? Resolution? How can I resolve it?

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
Well, when the game told me my ff7input.cfg was missing, I did a search of my entire computer for ff7input, and I found it. I put it in the main Final Fantasy vii folder, and it worked just fine. try that maybe. If not, someone else may help you.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
An error apears when the game starts. I Saw the log and the error is this: "ff7input.cfg file not found". After apply the error message the game starts, but it works very very slow.
For example, the saved menu appears very slow, and If I push the button to change the cursor to other saved game it changes it the selected slot after 2-3 seconds.
The saved game loading process is very slow too, and when the game is loaded, I Saw Cloud, but I can`t play because all works very very slow.

I didn't modify any configuration of files.
MY Hardware is this:
Athlon Sempron 2800 
2GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce FX 5400 (256MB)

It's a problem of hardware? Resolution? How can I resolve it?
You can tweak with the .cfg file of Aali's driver to make it run faster. Try turning the compress textures to cache on and see if it works faster. You can also not use bloom2post since it may also slow the game but heck it makes the game look much better.

dmcbr

trying to download this all day, but geting errors!
the download stops at 19mb, 24mb, 54mb, random... isnt there any torrents for this?  :-\

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Please post problems for mods in the appropriate thread in programming feedback. And there is no torrent for the remix as far as i know.

bobotheklown

I am also having the problem downloading. I've tried about 5 times and it always stops prematurely. I've also tried two different browsers.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks for bearing with me even though I'm a newcomer!
« Last Edit: 2010-07-04 21:02:02 by bobotheklown »

kylestanner

I am also having the problem downloading. I've tried about 5 times and it always stops prematurely. I've also tried two different browsers.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks for bearing with me even though I'm a newcomer!

If you are using a wireless router try and connect using a wire directly since if using a wireless sometimes can do that.
If that's not it try firefox if you didn't allready.

bobotheklown

I finally way able to get it. Just had to do it on another computer. 

Apparently on mine when I go into command prompt and type "ping google.com -t" every 15 or so pings the request would time out.

So i guess that had something to do with it.

Thanks guys.

Divi

I really don't understand why it's not working.
Did a fresh install of ff7 to it's default folder, installed the remix - set the opengl to 1680x1080, and I get a black screen and a crash every time I try to load the game.
anyone care to help a bit?
I'm running windows 7 64bit - I have 2g ram, 2.6 quad core, ati 5770 1g.
no clue.
cheers =)
Ziv.

LosBadylos

• View Profile
Hey, I gotta little question. FF VII Remix have a patch that fixes flickering materias. Where can I download separate patch that will fix the flickering?

smokwhed

Can someone please explain this to me? I am running Windows 7 btw. Didn't have this problem inside Midgar now the world is like this. I'm a noob to these patches so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
« Last Edit: 2010-07-09 06:19:39 by smokwhed »

nikfrozty

• View Profile

Can someone please explain this to me? I am running Windows 7 btw. Didn't have this problem inside Midgar now the world is like this. I'm a noob to these patches so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
Wrong thread. Anyways I think you have to use the high res version of the TA patch? If you used the low res version try the hi res.