Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1252812 times)

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
You have to use Bootleg if you want a good FF7. The Remix will break your game. As in break I mean game crashing. Bootleg doesn't. Using the Remix all alone gives NO benefit, as it brings more glitches than anything.

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
@raulgulino: If you read this you will be convinced to use the Bootleg

Haven't yet reran bootleg for the FMV and enhanced movies part but I've had a bit of a play with what did install and MY GOSH...

1. Got a new PC and decided to dig up my old copy of FFVII.
2. Looked forward to adding a few mods.
3. Ended up using bootleg instead of a few random mods...
4. Completely fell in love with FFVII again.

Seriously, my game looks stunning, I'm so excited to play it like this! Have experienced no crashing problems whatsoever which is new to me. :)
I Highly recommend bootleg to anyone looking to mod FFVII. It might take a while to DL all the files but A) It is so worth it. B) Definitly faster than doing a ton of mods individually. C) The provided fixes are a godsend <3 Great work! BIG BIG Thank you to everyone involved. :)

raulgulino

I found the mods installation with the bootleg very long and very hard for me, so, my question is, the tutorial for the easy installing mods into Final Fantasy VII with Bootleg (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12636.0) by @daniish , works fine?

UGerstl

• View Profile
@raulgulino: Yes, the tutorial from Daniish works fine.
                     If you have really unsolvable problems i can help you via
                     >TeamViewer<

raulgulino

thanks, i'm downloading all the mod files now... If I get a trouble, i'll ask you! Thanks man! :)

DBZMagus

Incredible compilation of mods- my thanks to everyone involved for putting this together. I'm running into a problem right now though. I don't like the remixed music; I only want to hear the original unaltered soundtrack or I'd rather not even play the game again. Unfortunately, I can't get the music configuration tool to work for me. I go into the Ficedula folder, click on FF7 music, then Config, but I am unable to browse for plugins other than the defaulted in_mad.dll. Clicking on the "..." to the right of it just closes out the program. Under the Files tab, the only profile available is "ps".

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? This is after a fresh reinstall and I have no altered or deleted anything.

Using Windows 7 64 bit if that makes any difference.
« Last Edit: 2012-03-04 17:08:18 by DBZMagus »

Tokyoniko

PLEASE HELP! I REALLY WANT TO DOWNLOAD THIS GAME BUT I'M NOT TECH SAVVY LIKE THAT. HOW DO I DOWNLOAD? LINK DOESN'T CONNECT.

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Use the Bootleg thread, this stuff is outdated.

gosnell85

• View Profile
i suspect that my mod path with opengl does not work at all. I have the ff7 remix multipatch installed from this forum which i think installed a mod folder of it's own called "textures" which i have used to mod custom avatars and limit break textures successfully. I just can't figure out how to use this to mod grimmy's upscaled magic textures -- http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=12836.0 --  any suggestions? I really suspect this is the source of the problem.

DBZMagus

Is this the thread I should be using or should I have created my own topic for my issue?

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
gosnell85,
Install the latest version of Aali's OpenGL driver to enable support for the MODS folder and Grimmy's Upscaled Magic Textures.  The TEXTURES folder is a deprecated feature that requires hex editing texture files within the .LGP files.

ff7_opengl-0.7.11b.zip                          Aali            OpenGL Driver from the god              Qhimm FILE MIRROR

UGerstl

• View Profile
@DBZMagus: Please read the PM i have send to you.
« Last Edit: 2012-03-16 01:05:22 by UGerstl »

ZARK

If you have ff7 in a language other than English, you're going to need to install one of my multi-language compatibility packs found right under the download link. Currently, Spanish, German, and French are supported, but I'm afraid that the AI/Kernel/Flevel mods are currently English only.

hey, can somebody tell me pls where i find the multi language compa. packs?

thank you :)

CloudStrife668

• View Profile
can anyone send me a link for apz cloud mod please i really need that mod and my modding of FF7 PC will be complete and that's all i ask

CloudStrife668

• View Profile
and if u cant find it or its not available can u send me a link to a program to edit models please and thanks :)

EmoSephy

hello having a problem and I hope it's simple after i finished downloading the 4 parts of the patch, they didn't combine and I can't open any of them, any advice? Thank you :)

UGerstl

• View Profile
Hi EmoSephy,

are you using 7-Zip or WinRAR ?

Hint: The Remix is outdated full of bugs and no longer supported.
         Use the Bootleg installer instead.

Don't delete these files you have downloaded, because the
         Bootleg installer needs them !

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Shouldn't we lock this topic and leave a message to go to bootleg?

obesebear

• View Profile
Shouldn't we lock this topic and leave a message to go to bootleg?
I know both are projects that try to make the combining of different mods more efficient.   For those of you who know, is Remix completely outdated by Bootleg?  Or does it still have a use?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The problem is, remix does have a few things in it that are unique to the mod itself if i recall, but the mod has bugs and can break the game and other mods.  It creates so many problems.  In fact all I seem to see these days on this thread is people telling other members (who have an issue with remix) to ignore the remix.  It hasn't been updated in ages and if anyone uses it, they then seem to come back and say there's been some sort of issue.

I think the moderators here are going to have to weigh up the pros and cons...  in any case, locking the thread, directing them to bootleg and leaving a message that remix is no longer supported is probably the best way to go.  Nearly all the issues with remix have been discussed on this thread anyway.

Also, doesn't bootleg support this mod anyway?

8-)
« Last Edit: 2012-03-26 22:14:06 by DLPB »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
While the Remix is outdated, it still has a use. Once all the mods it has is in Bootleg, made anew or separated, the Remix is needed for Bootleg. Once this is resolved, we will obviously ask to delete it and to use Bootleg instead.

First Tsurugi

You've got your sound driver configured to your headset in FF7Config, change that.

Tite, I have the same error as him, and I've done what you and Aali sayied to him , but I'm still get the error...
Please, could you help me?

Sorry for my poor english, I'm only 14 and I'm brazilian ;]

Thank You.

Zulli85

I am quite confused as to what is the best route to take to play FFVII. Is the remix posted in this thread playable from start to finish and is it worth installing? Or is just the Bootleg version the way to go?

I had the remix installed yesterday when I realized most people are now pointing towards Bootleg. I attempted to install it on top of the remix installation which did not work. The game wouldn't launch so I am going to start from scratch here.

Does Bootleg install graphic mods without downloading them separately? I know there is a huge list of downloadable mods but are they necessary? Is there a thread somewhere that links to the most important mods for Bootleg?

Sorry for all of the questions but I spent a lot of time trying to get this to work yesterday to no avail. I am a bit overwhelmed with the massive list of mods for Bootleg so I'm just trying to figure out what the best option(s) is.

Forget all of the above. I'm almost done downloading all of the needed mods for Bootleg. Just need this last one to finish!
« Last Edit: 2012-04-08 03:33:45 by Zulli85 »

EDEN

hello all :)

im new here, and i must say at first, sry for my bad english :S
im from Germany^^

And I have installed FF7, than I installed the 1.02 Patch and than the 1.04 Patch. Now I had installed the FF7 Remix patch, but the game wont start......
does it works only with a english-version of the game???
Cause I have only a german one......

And did I installed it right with the patches??? Or did I it wrong???

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
The 1.04 patch is fake.  Don't use it.
The Remix is only for the English version of FF7.

Use Bootleg Configurator to install the mods.  It install almost every mod available here at Qhimm.  The upcoming Bootleg version 0038 supports German, Spanish and Italian versions of the game.
If you'd like to be the first to test Bootleg 0038 on an international FF7, please PM me.