Author Topic: AMV/Series?  (Read 8663 times)

Playhazard

• View Profile
    • PlayHaZarD
AMV/Series?
« on: 2010-05-10 16:11:41 »
Alright, here's the Idea.  Everyone LOVES jackass, and people love smartasses, and people getting hurt...I can do all of the above :p  I live on like...60 Acres of land, I have four ponds, plenty of hills, I have Horses, Cows, Dogs, cats chickens, I basically live on a damn farm, I have a Tractor, two ATV's, Like...six junk cars, an old truck that still runs, and basically...there is alot of potential for me to make a "jackass" based series that I would hope get some views, and some good better ideas for youtube...  So my question is...is there anything people would like to see my hillbilly ass do?
« Last Edit: 2010-05-12 23:23:10 by Playhazard »

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Ideas for my next AMV
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-10 19:53:01 »

C'mon guys, I see you all reading this topic, but making no suggestoins.  Surely someone has an idea? 
Very well.  My thoughts are... don't make AMV's.    I've never enjoyed them

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-10 20:57:26 »
Does this really need a new thread? Couldn't you just ask in your previous AMV thread? And don't double post.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-10 21:03:10 »
...Well you're mean...
Indeed.  But you wanted someone to post, so I did.   Now you should be happy :)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-10 21:08:53 »
make a sephiroth-kefka yaoi AMV.

Seriously though, AMV's are lame. They're nice when you're just learning how to video edit and whatnot, but you should aim a little higher, try to come up with an original idea, or try to make a video that's entirely composed of content you made yourself.

It's actually pretty challenging to make something entertaining completely from scratch, but it's also rewarding as hell.

Flash is also an easy way to make original content, especially if you're a decent artist. Flash music videos are usually more highly regarded than AMV's

EDIT:
C'mon guys, I see you all reading this topic, but making no suggestoins.  Surely someone has an idea? 
Creepo.  :P

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-10 21:14:12 »
It's cause we like to pick on the new kid.

I'm not much one for AMV's now either. Got my mix of them in highschool. I look at some of the new stuff and a load of it is not up to par.

Your's I'd say, better then a newbs, but below mediocre.

Now looking at Arch Enemy - We will Rise on youtube I can say that the only ones I can think of for the moment are Blood, Evengelion, Death Note, stuff like that. Stick to one though. Few mixed media AMV's are any good.

I agree with titguy, make your own stuff and edit it. Throw it up on newgrounds or wherever.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-10 21:14:49 »
I'd give you my opinion, OP, but you wouldn't want to hear it. I think AMVs are the 'cancer that is killing Youtube'.

Playhazard

• View Profile
    • PlayHaZarD
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-10 21:31:08 »
Well then...would someone at least help me make a project that is meh own?  Hell, I'd like to work on something, anything. 

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-05-10 22:02:34 »
you could try 2d animation, I'm practicing it myself with anime studio, it's not free but I'm sure there are some free programs out there or you could start practicing with flash, I'm seen some really good stuff made from that. ;D

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-05-10 22:47:03 »
Well then...would someone at least help me make a project that is meh own?  Hell, I'd like to work on something, anything. 
What kinds of things would you say you have skills in

Music
Video Editing/FX
Animation or Art
Anything else you can think up.

Playhazard

• View Profile
    • PlayHaZarD
« Reply #10 on: 2010-05-11 00:48:41 »
lets see...I'm good with music yes, mostly hardcore/metal/rock and crap.
I can clip/edit videos decently, and uuhh...
I can pick out scenarios and bring up pretty decent stuff off the top of my head. Lets see... I can't anime/draw worth crap so thats out of the question...hell I may just put another video of my ol' red pickup again.  Although this time i won't be hot rodding it, I already blew the motor in it once because I didn't know pouring cold water on a hot engine while it wasn't running would crack your headers...so yeah...I'll find something, and if you guys are interested, I'll post it.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010-05-11 04:21:54 »
Dude, if you're interested in posting stuff just to get views and reviews, go on gaiaonline.com rather then here.

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-05-12 19:53:08 »
Why don't you help Grimmy?? He's editing videos in the game and maybe you can help him? You did say you're good at editing videos right?? :)

Playhazard

• View Profile
    • PlayHaZarD
« Reply #13 on: 2010-05-12 20:27:42 »
If I'm not, maybe he could teach me...Hell, what is his MSN?  I'll add him and see if he even does need help.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #14 on: 2010-05-12 22:04:03 »
been watching Black Blood Brothers recently and its quite alright, might make a good AMV

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-05-12 22:40:15 »
I've always wanted to see  a good Amv of Full metal Alchemist with Linkin Park's In the end, the struggles in that show match the song pretty. well

Playhazard

• View Profile
    • PlayHaZarD
« Reply #16 on: 2010-05-12 22:53:27 »
I've always wanted to see  a good Amv of Full metal Alchemist with Linkin Park's In the end, the struggles in that show match the song pretty. well
Thats a good idea, I'll make one for ya'  Of Course, a friend of mine IRL gave me a great idea to produce I suppose my own little "series" called "Jim's Farm" because I live on alot of land in the country, I have Four wheelers, old junk cars, four ponds ect ect ect...so yeah, I'll try some of that too.  I'll do both AMV's and my own productions and see how they turn out.

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-05-12 22:59:16 »
That's great news and if you're aiming to be a youtube star with your series I strongly suggest you put some thought into comedy, youtubers will laugh at the weirdest things, just look at that Fred guy.

Playhazard

• View Profile
    • PlayHaZarD
« Reply #18 on: 2010-05-12 23:00:05 »
Oh it will be a mix of comedy and "Jackass" stunts.

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-05-12 23:02:41 »
See you at the top my friend.