Author Topic: the time of year of warmth  (Read 8316 times)

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
the time of year of warmth
« on: 2010-05-12 22:07:30 »
everyone must be ever so excited that we finally are aproaching summer, the warm air, the birds chirping, the BBQing....

EXCEPT FOR ME, its freezing here >.< and its frigging ontario, we're supposed to be the WARMEST part of canada, someone wanna sell me a jacket? :P

idl12

• View Profile
Re: the time of year of warmth
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-12 22:45:47 »
Fortunately for us Carribean folks it's more or less summertime all year round which is good I suppose but I've always wanted to experience snow, I heard from a cousin that it just feels like cold mud and it's actually pretty terrible but I have a hard time believing that.

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-12 23:02:06 »
Yeah, it snowed on Saturday, in May, in Markham. I hold you personally responsible for this, Jaitsu.

Playhazard

• View Profile
    • PlayHaZarD
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-12 23:02:49 »
Screw summer!  It's so hot here in Oklahoma, I have to sleep in my car because I can't breathe in my house!  My mother has an Air Conditioner in her room, and my dad has a fan in his.  I'm left in a room with no wind, so I go to my car drag an extension cord to it and plug in my cell phone and sleep with the windows down.  I WANT WINTER BACK!

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-13 00:40:19 »
Yeah, it snowed on Saturday, in May, in Markham. I hold you personally responsible for this, Jaitsu.

me didn't do it.... to your knowledge :P. seriousely though, i want some warmth, i wanna chill at the beach or go to the local hangout with my buddies.

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-14 05:23:59 »
Screw summer!  It's so hot here in Oklahoma, I have to sleep in my car because I can't breathe in my house!  My mother has an Air Conditioner in her room, and my dad has a fan in his.  I'm left in a room with no wind, so I go to my car drag an extension cord to it and plug in my cell phone and sleep with the windows down.  I WANT WINTER BACK!

Just click on it.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-14 13:05:30 »
<- Portugal

We usually don't go under 10º and we have spikes of 34º (if i remember right) in summer.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-14 13:58:12 »
It's still spring in Arkansas. My wife says the Spring weather works like someone learning to drive a standard: they just don't quite know what they're doing.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-05-14 14:06:19 »
It's nice here. Very happy about our weather, lately. Just chiming in to brag. Mmmm warmth. I can't wait til the pools open.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #9 on: 2010-05-14 17:38:19 »
It's nice here. Very happy about our weather, lately. Just chiming in to brag. Mmmm warmth. I can't wait til the pools open.

>.< i killz you :P i want to swim so badly

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-05-14 18:41:37 »
Not too bad in ontario today. Not swimming weather though

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #11 on: 2010-05-14 19:49:29 »

yeah, indeed, its warm, but the wind is to friggin strong

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-05-15 01:58:33 »
It's 92 here and no sign of getting any cooler.  I hate the south.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-05-26 05:37:59 »
Where do you live obesebear? I live in alabama and its been in the 90's(real sunny and helping my crops kick-ass!) I rather enjoy the weather.Its very good for swimming now. We have a lake with over 1000 miles of shoreline like 15 minutes from my house on old country roads except for a small stretch on 2 lane-highway(I'm telling you guys, I live in the WOODS)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-05-26 07:28:06 »
Where do you live obesebear? I live in alabama and its been in the 90's(real sunny and helping my crops kick-ass!) I rather enjoy the weather.Its very good for swimming now. We have a lake with over 1000 miles of shoreline like 15 minutes from my house on old country roads except for a small stretch on 2 lane-highway(I'm telling you guys, I live in the WOODS)
Well its a very unique woods you have there you have internet. :)

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010-05-26 07:30:21 »
South Cakalakie.   If humidity were a person I would rape, kill, then defecate on it.

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010-05-26 15:56:24 »

I hope you,re not complaining about the weather anymore.

It was still 33 at 7 PM last night in Montreal.  Must have been 40 at 1PM!

PS : It's actually quite understandable why it was snowing in Toronto ... the Habs were still in the playoffs.  Can,t be warm when the Habs are still playing!  That's heresy.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010-05-26 16:26:01 »

PS : It's actually quite understandable why it was snowing in Toronto ... the Habs were still in the playoffs.  Can,t be warm when the Habs are still playing!  That's heresy.

Didnt realise it was that hot last night, and didnt realise ye were a montrealer o.o

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #18 on: 2010-05-26 19:35:14 »
man, i wish i hadn't complained, its hot as hell now with no wind and a hell of a high humidity

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010-05-26 21:37:22 »

Didnt realise it was that hot last night, and didnt realise ye were a montrealer o.o

Greatest city i've ever lived in!

And it clocked 38 a few minutes ago on my car's thermometer.  Scorching.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010-05-27 04:54:32 »
awesome! ... HAI! :P and 38? bah, just a lil bit after that post it was pouring rain and much lower... gotta love montreal weather. It goes from 20 above one day to snowstorm the next... which inherently gives us some of the worst roads in north america!

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #21 on: 2010-05-27 06:01:28 »
man, i wish i hadn't complained, its hot as hell now with no wind and a hell of a high humidity

How many times does that take?

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010-05-27 06:11:59 »
Look, go to here and check out the demographics.  http://www.city-data.com/city/Alexander-City-Alabama.html

Then go to the area in your map on the real close google maps function where they drive around with cameras and take constant pics from the road.
Drive around for a bit like that and tell me if you think its woods or not.(Dont start out in alex city, start out around the lake(preferably HWY 280)and head towards DADEVILLE and then try to take any side roads itll let you(I doubt there are many because as I said, its the woods.)

As I said really do this if ya want to get an idea of where I live(and our beautiful lake, manmade...HUGE, brings in a lot of millionaires that have their "summer houses" in gated millionaire communities lol)

Just lemme know what ya think, Its not what any of you are used to Im sure.