Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Field editor - Deling (0.12.0b)  (Read 223919 times)

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
Re: [FF8PC/PSX] Field editor - Deling (0.9b)
« Reply #225 on: 2016-10-12 19:00:58 »
Hello myst6re I have a question about your program...
I edited the font in my language in font manager (Arabic.tex & Arabic.tdw)
in Deling-0.9b and then rename Arabic.tex to sysfnt.tex & Arabic.tdw to sysfnt.tdw and replace the file sysfnt.tex in menu.fs & sysfnt.tdw in main.fs
But I don't know how to edit the file sysfld00 & sysfld01 & sysfnt00
Using photoshop BMP or PNG Or etc... and replace them again in tex...!
is there a tool to convert tex to tdw to edit the font in font manager not on photoshop and then convert them in tex to replace them in menu.fs
c:\ff8\data\eng\menu\hires\ ...
1- sysfld00.tex
2- sysfld01.tex
3- sysfnt00.tex

As I know, there is no tool to edit high res font files like Deling does with low res.

How do you use this editor to edit the encounter rates on the world map?

Deling does not edit world map things, sorry

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2016-10-12 21:23:49 »
How do you use this editor to edit the encounter rates on the world map?

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17146.0
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17181.0

I see the world map encounter subject is quite hot now.

volvania

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2016-10-13 11:02:05 »
indeed it makes farming crafting and level+junction game to make your characters strong by doing a special monsters encounter instead of random vanilla worldmap monsters we would like to do something like the island closest to heaven and hell concept

Question

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2016-10-15 06:13:56 »
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17146.0
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17181.0

I see the world map encounter subject is quite hot now.

Thanks, does that mean there is no tool to edit world map encounters at the moment?

Field map encounters : Deling just shows formations, do all formations have an equal chance of appearing? The game doesn't seem to do that (e.g. Elnoyles and Iron Giants are extremely rare in Estahr city after the lunar cry, while imps, turtapods and toramas are really common). Is there a way to edit the formations themselves, to change which enemies are in the formations?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
Re: [FF8PC/PSX] Field editor - Deling (0.9.1b)
« Reply #229 on: 2016-10-20 18:50:06 »
New minor update available on GitHub.

ZidaneFF9

• FF7 - FF8 - FF9 (Final Fantasy)
    • View Profile
    • Just4funzj
« Reply #230 on: 2017-01-23 10:44:43 »
Hello myst6re I have a question for you Can Deling (0.9.1b) read any character when I write on Edit text Final Fantasy 8
from left to right like HadesWorkshop program for Final Fantasy 9
I need it because I want to edit (New) Character without drawing any letters
I can write Arabic on HadesWorkshop for FF9 on Edit text using
Tool: Reverse Text Generator (from left to right)
See Pictures :
http://i.imgur.com/2Pegg0J.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WfVYakN.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/n51XhEC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ULATc05.jpg

Froudou

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2017-02-21 01:35:39 »
Hi, i just found this PC/PSX editor, and it looks to be exactly what i would need, but there's things i'm unable to do.

I play French version of FF8 on PSX. I load the .bin file of the second CD of the game, because there's some things i would like to fix in the dialogues. I found that to change the text, i can only change characters one by one, not like a text editor. So i have to click on "Caractères spéciaux" (special characters), and a small windows with keys appear, but i can only enter one letter and that small windows close itself, then i have to open it again to enter another letter (one by one). I guess it is normal that i have to enter one by one all characters? Or maybe there's a faster way to do it?

After changing the sentence, i want to save the changes, but the save option is gray, i can't click on it. However i found that i can extract, but the only thing i'm able to extract is a small file of about 2ko of size. I can't find how to save the changes to the .bin file of the CD.

Any help would be appreciate :)

Since years i want to fix things in the French version because it contain many errors. I have 0 knowledge about C# and other way to create patch for games, so thanks for making this tool, it will get really useful, i just need to know how to save the changes and i'm going to finally be able to fix FF8.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-21 01:37:51 by Froudou »

resinate

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2017-11-03 20:46:35 »
can this tool actually edit anything? cuz i cant find any field bin files on pc ff8 and psx iso are read-only. if someone has a CLEAN field bin that loads with this can someone pm me a link pls

btw i was looking around and old ff8 cannot be obtainable anymore. soo any updates to these tools or place dl each file aka field.fs or field.bin?

ive looked around and there is no guide on how to use this tool or obtain the files needed....
« Last Edit: 2017-11-03 22:01:34 by resinate »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2017-11-27 13:12:07 »
can this tool actually edit anything? cuz i cant find any field bin files on pc ff8 and psx iso are read-only. if someone has a CLEAN field bin that loads with this can someone pm me a link pls

btw i was looking around and old ff8 cannot be obtainable anymore. soo any updates to these tools or place dl each file aka field.fs or field.bin?

ive looked around and there is no guide on how to use this tool or obtain the files needed....

You should be able to just open the files of the Steam version directly: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VIII\Data\lang-en

In lang-en (differs if you have a different language installed), the .fs archives can be opened directly with Deling (no unpacking, etc. necessary). Deling can edit the field.fs which should contain all the field screens; when opening the others like Battle.fs it can handle archive stuff like extracting/replacing/removing files.

Meph

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] Field editor - Deling (0.9.1b)
« Reply #234 on: 2019-03-02 15:33:19 »
Hey, your Editor is awesome and I have been using it to tweak some dialogue (bringing it closer to the japanese meaning) for two friends of mine who are playing FF8 for the first time. :)
Maybe I am a bit dumb, but is there a way to edit what certain cahracters "say" in the battles?
I am currently looking for Ultimecia's Battle Dialogue but can't seem to find it. :/
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JWP

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2019-03-04 10:07:38 »
The dialog for the characters in battle is in a different set of files (.dat files) and there isn't currently a tool to edit them as far as I'm aware.
I'm currently modifying Ifrit to be able to edit them along with the battle AI.

Meph

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2019-03-16 12:11:10 »
Oh wow, that would be really cool.
I hope you are successful in editing it.
Thanks for all the hard work and the reply. :)

brucy

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2019-06-07 15:18:14 »
sometimes if you use the "Replace" function the result is that the new modded file doesn't get injected at all , so you try to delete and inject the modded file , but sometimes if you do this the modded file get corrupted , this happen with the fine called init.out contained in the "main.fs" archivie

FilthyJack

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2019-06-08 02:48:57 »
Thank you for this tool, awesome work!

So we can view and edit scripts and dialogues, now all we need is to make it possible to add characters to a scene, and maybe add scenes.
I understand this is a beta and you may have lost some motivation, but I would like to ask a few questions on fields if you don't mind helping!

How to add a new character to a scene:

-Extract field.fs  (done)
-Extract map.fs/.fl/.fi (done)
-Copy a model header+data from chara.one and insert it as npc with a new name (done)
-Apply chara.one header modifications (done)
-Add sym/jsm entries?
-repack map.fs ?
-Adjust map.fl/.fi ?
-repack field.fs ?

Can you give more details about these steps? Is there more involved?
I'm so grateful for this tool but I wish it had that Add/Remove/Repack option for everything!

Kitsune

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2019-09-08 00:48:37 »
Hi,

how to translate the names of items from Final Fantasy VIII is there a way with Deling? Wich file to edit for the Steam version of the game?

I want to customize the name. Thank

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #240 on: 2019-09-08 15:41:22 »
You need a kernel.bin editor, like this: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17090.0

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
Re: [PSX/PC] Field editor - Deling (0.10.0b)
« Reply #241 on: 2019-09-09 12:37:54 »

Changelog:
  • [FF8 Remaster] Adding LZ4 compression algorithm
  • [FF8 Remaster] Multi language field files support
  • [Script viewer] Adding a preview overlay on texts, 3D lines, and map jumps
  • [Script viewer] Adding party names constants (Squall, Zell...)
  • [Script viewer] Prefix texts ids and map ids with text_ and map_ to identify it quickly
  • [Text editor] Can now partially edit windows positions with fixed values (example: Y is fixed by a variable, but X is still a modifiable value)
  • [Search] Search for map jumps

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #242 on: 2019-09-09 12:40:24 »
Please note that ZZZ archives are not supported yet. Try one of theses tools:

rick

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2019-09-09 17:42:16 »
thanks

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: 2019-09-09 21:04:09 »
Is it possible to add Omega functionality, for example, by dragging and dropping images (png, bmp) for import into the archive, while preserving the palette?
It would be both easier and more convenient.

and add a large preview with a grid so that you can track (whether letters or menu labels come out)
(it’s still hard to precisely adjust the eye
hand-drawn text in the image)

and ideally, a preview of these menus (like in a game, that is, the way it was done in delling for dialogs) so that you don’t have to load the game.

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #245 on: 2019-09-10 00:17:15 »
You are amazing!  I've just exported all .fs/.fi/.fl from the remaster, but was -not- able to open/export field2.fs -- it gives me an error.
this is located in /main.zzz/data/disk/

Sebanisu

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2019-09-10 00:54:05 »
I wonder what that file is. field2.fs doesn't have a fi or fl file. So I don't think you can open it. Possible the fi and fl files are elseware.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #247 on: 2019-09-10 08:27:02 »
If you change the extension of field2.fs to .wav, you obtain the introduction of "The extreme".

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2019-09-11 13:46:26 »
great work guys, didn't know if this had been done this quickly... but yeah great to see... just trying to figure out file differences with the other files changing a little size wise....

J.Fox

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2019-09-11 20:27:54 »
Sorry for the stupid question, but how to open tvglen1.fs or mapdata.fs ? Deling 0.10.0b don't opens them. =(