Author Topic: Transparent Dialog box help please.. not working.. pleaseee  (Read 5546 times)

gvassi17

Hi, I downloaded yamps patch and it says im missing some config file so that doesnt work....then I  patched using dziugo's patch.srb file and replaced backup_ff7 with ff7 and all that but still no result..  im dieing to fix this...  is there any manual way to do it or any other way ... any patched .exe or anything??? pleaseee helppp thank you..

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Well, the first thing you should do is find that config file; maybe that's the cause of the problem.

Also, try using some of the other YAMP patches and see if they work; then we'll know whether your problem is with the transparent dialogue boxes in particular or with YAMP in general.

gvassi17

but..  its not in the download with yamps... where do i get the config file... can someone post it please?'/;?? :oops:

obesebear

• View Profile
It's the .txt file that you didn't think was important

gvassi17

now it says patched.srb is missing but when i put patch.srb in iit patches and i change the name but then nothing changes still no transparent box. Install.bat says skerb.ex_ is not recognized as an internal command etc... blah blah someone help me plzzzz@!!@ thx

gvassi17

help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :cry: :cry:

you know your problem is..
you are using the back up...
its a back up..
to get back to the way it was before.
 :wink:
you should patch it.. then just play

Curlyoxide

• View Profile
ok you need put the patches folder in the ff7 directory. In the patches folder thats where you have the .srb files followed by the matching txt files so TransparentDialogBoxes.srb/TransparentDialogBoxes.txt should be together in there. Now make sure the install.bat and skerb files are outside the patches folder with FF7.exe. run the bat file and your golden.

gvassi17

I did everything exactly as you said and this is exactly what follows:

{Applying patch: TransparentDialogBoxes
'skerb.ex_' is not recongnized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
The system cannot find the file specified.
Something's gone wrong... dunno what...
Sorry, no patching today.
Press any key to continue .  .  . }

<----- That is exactually what happenes when i run install.bat

Please help  :?

Terid__K

'skerb.ex_' is not recongnized as an internal or external command,

There's your problem. Redownload YAMP and make sure the file skerb.ex_ is in the same directory of it.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
Re: Transparent Dialog box help please.. not working.. pleaseee
« Reply #10 on: 2009-08-10 08:37:46 »
I wonder why it happens every now and then. Rename the "skerb.ex_" file to "skerb.exe", then open install.bat with notepad and change this line:
Code: [Select]
set patcher_file=skerb.ex_so it looks like this:
Code: [Select]
set patcher_file=skerb.exeThis should do the trick.

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
Re: Transparent Dialog box help please.. not working.. pleaseee
« Reply #11 on: 2009-08-10 08:45:20 »
OK follow these steps:

1.Download Yamp and all the patches you want from the first post of this topic http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=5124.0

2.Extract all the files

3.In the YAMP folder make a folder called 'patches'

4.Copy the .srb and .txt files from each of the patch folders and paste the files into the new 'patches' folder you just made

5.Copy the contents of the YAMP folder (not the actual folder) to your FF7 directory (defult= C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII)

6.Run the file called install, If you use Vista, run it as an administrator (Right Click and choose this option)

7.Thats IT! Like Makubex said don't rename the Backup_FF7.exe because that is a copy of your old .exe, just run the game by clicking on the new FF7.exe

Simple!
« Last Edit: 2009-08-11 02:32:12 by MXster »