Author Topic: Kuroda Masahiro's mini mods (Requests closed) Latest: Rock Harmony hair and eyes  (Read 65647 times)

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
As you know, I was away from the forum for a while, for quite some time, I was working on secret things and generally improving my abilities, and since then, I have done some pretty remarkable things in Final Fantasy 7.

However, about a year ago, I got pretty depressed and caught up with life as a whole and had no time to even touch FF7 or any other modding for that matter.

And due to my somewhat involvement with the Red Werewolf... project? Does that count as a project?

...I'm not even sure if there's going to be new story, events or anything else other than just the field and battle model and a new menu avatar.

Anyway, I officially hooked up my windows computer for the first time in over a year, and I'm going to try to read through my notes and just try out a few things and I'm willing to take requests if anyone has any.

First on my list, I was sick and tired of the MP never getting any love, so I looked at its design and basically just upgraded it to graphically better parts, while retaining the same design.

I did this in around 20 minutes, I'm going to change the parts over to the MP proper and also change the colours for the different classes, ie, the red and tan ones.

I'll be updating this as and when I do more mini mods, or when I complete someone's request.

Basically you can suggest anything you want, and as long as you have a reference for me to work with, I'll take a shot at it.

Edit 1 - Here's an addition to the first MP, I basically turned him into Malachi, who was his favourite design from the game, I included with and without the helmet since I know he hated them.

Edit 2 -

Edit 3 - I tried my hand at what Kal was saying, I'm not... really sure what he meant by 1 sided weapons, so I did this as a test to see if that's what he meant, and if not, what he did mean.

Edit 4 - Alright, this one should be what he asked for, I edited it to be roughly the same width as the original blade and did some minor reshaping on it, what do you think?

Edit 5 - Alright, here we go, as a request from Kaldarasha, I updated the field hair for his Zack, and I included some comparison pictures.

And as it's a request, I shall send him a link to it, and when his project is done or reached a certain milestone, then he can release it.

Edit 6 - Seeing how successful that I put the new zack hair on Kal's request, I decided to implement it for the original Zack model, both the lego and the CRP versions. (PRP is going to take a little while longer, but I just need to resize the battle head I did before.)

Edit 7 - Here we gp, Zyzz V1.

I gave him a combination of large knives and staves, I fixed all of the field models and whatnot, when I get the rest of the field models, some dialogue, the kernal fixed, I'll give the requester the files, which he can release if he feels the need to.

Edit - I did Xenokain's mini project, here's the image of the main cast from it.

The full size image is here - http://www.deviantart.com/download/474329908/xenokain_s_mini_project_main_cast_by_video_boy_mal-d7uejas.png?token=fc6eb4bd969c62a0a3cc83629e9117d1a6ed561e&ts=1407597486

I included some other things in there, such as a bonus boss or two that are a few special creations of mine.

Edit 9 - Here's a request that's still a WIP since we didn't finalize the design for this character, in fact, I have no idea what this person even does, other than he's a Soldier 3rd class that'she's a strict by the books type, later on, we'll go over what he'll wear and I get that done for him.

« Last Edit: 2014-08-22 10:44:59 by Kuroda Masahiro »

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
This is awesome. And red werewolf is only a project in my noob eyes. Lol. You probably could have done it in 30 minutes. Lol. You really are talented man.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Do you have any requests? I'd basially do anything right now since I'm getting back into the groove of working with FF7.

Now would basically be a free pass for anything you wanted done in FF7 since I can do events, kernal, text, models, etc.

chasedark

• View Profile
That's interesting work you've got.  I like the boots.  I'm new to modding myself and I'm working on a private mod at the moment but I suck at animations lol.  I'm basically trying to give the MP enough animations to replace a party member.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
To make the MP a playable character, your best best is to change Cloud's animations, his animations are by far the closest and I actually did this before, it was a relatively simple one that only took a few weeks.

And maybe this would work better if I include more images of things I did...

Does anybody have any requests now?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Send me please the fusy hair Zack. Also what do you use for the vertex shading? The only way I knew to do it in kimera is rather time consuming and complicated.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
I use Kimera for the shading, and yes, it is very time consuming and complicated.

I'll package the Zack hair, but what do you want it for? private use, a project, misc?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
Project. Don't worry I give full credit for it to you.
The hair you made is much better as what I had made.

Could you make a one edge versions from all Clouds his swords (except the Katanas and the Nailbat).

chasedark

• View Profile
To make the MP a playable character, your best best is to change Cloud's animations, his animations are by far the closest and I actually did this before, it was a relatively simple one that only took a few weeks.

That's actually kind of funny cause what I'm trying to do is make a fully playable Crisis Core cloud(not using CC models, just using custom MP and Cloud models I found here).

Edit: I do have a request that might be a tall order in the short run, or it may not, I'm not sure.   I was wondering if you could make a set of one-handed blades that would fit for Reno's battle model, nothing overly fancy, just some things like:

I don't have any real references cause I'm not particularly picky.

PS:  What program do you use to make custom models?  I'm currently wanting to try my hand at it, I've modeled before(Albeit the model I made was a claptrap two years ago) I just don't know what program to use, I tried Milkshape but for some reason when I put it through pcreator it only reads a small portion of my model.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-04 13:45:49 by chasedark »

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
1 handed blades....

I'll try my hand at them, but I'd either need a few references, or you'll get some pretty varied and random results.

How many of them do you need?

If you're making Reno a playable character, you'll need 16 of them, which I can do, but Reno himself does look pretty cool with normal swords, and even if you give him some sword based spells, such as mantra magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKMnf-wkwJs

Included is an example of this, and around the 1 minute mark he uses matra magic.

And while I posted it above, I'll redo it here since this is the best image I can find in my deviantart of Reno's skeleton using a sword.

chasedark

• View Profile
Well, I'm trying to make Reno's skeleton into a custom character to add in for the mod I'm working on(And once I learn to model myself it may eventually become releasable though many will probably think it's lame) so I'll look for a bunch of examples if you'd be willing to help me out with that. 

Hopefully I'll be able to tweak stuff myself once I get used to it and find a good program.

Edit:
I created an imgur album with a bunch of examples, I didn't find 16, but I don't want them to look exactly like the examples I have, I was hoping to just convey a general theme behind the blades.
http://imgur.com/a/ryN8q#0
« Last Edit: 2014-08-04 14:21:40 by chasedark »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
Not one handed, I want two handers with only one edge like the buster sword. So all double-edged swords like the Mythril saber will become one-edged swords. I have changed the name of the swords in my German overhaul all to buster if a sword like name where in it.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
I'm still confused by what you mean, do you basically want me to turn all of the swords into the Buster Sword?

Or do you just mean, the blade type of the buster... or...?

90% of Cloud's weapons are literally just 2 edges, what is it I'm doing to them?

chasedark

• View Profile
Not one handed, I want two handers with only one edge like the buster sword. So all double-edged swords like the Mythril saber will become one-edged swords. I have changed the name of the swords in my German overhaul all to buster if a sword like name where in it.

I think what he wants is for them to all be the same width they normally are, but with the backside blunt.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Awesome stuff!

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Alright, I changed it, this should be what you asked for, and if this is what you wanted, then I can get the rest of Cloud's weapons changed to be the same in an hour or two.

And as for Chaseddark, I'm working on your request, but I just did Kal's first since it's much simpler, and if nothing else, I can use the first one as a basis for the Red Queen.

chasedark

• View Profile
That's fine, I'm in no huge rush, I'm trying to figure out how to make custom hairstyles in the meantime.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
I think what he wants is for them to all be the same width they normally are, but with the backside blunt.

Yeah I guess you knew what I mean.

They should look similar as the one you did:

In other words I want hacker class weapons for Cloud. This would free up a weapon class for another possible Soldier in the group. It also lets Cloud look more special if he would handle those unhandy heavy weapons.

I hope this make any sense to you. :-D

Edit:
Well I guess you know what I mean.  :)

chasedark

• View Profile

In other words I want hacker class weapons for Cloud. This would free up a weapon class for another possible Soldier in the group. It also lets Cloud look more special if he would handle those unhandy heavy weapons.

That's what I wanted the reno weapons for hilariously.  And why I'm combining hairstyles together.

Edit: Kimera hates my computer.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-04 16:39:37 by chasedark »

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Maybe I can give you both the same weapons. :P

It's half 5, so I'm going to get some dinner started, then I'll finish up the weapons for you, and do you only want the original cloud weapons, or should I throw in some other greatswords?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
I would only use original, but it doesn't hurt to have more resources.

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
Alright, I have all of the normal Cloud weapons sorted, and I included a few other ones, such as the Barog, Heavy Katanas and the like.

I'll package and upload them in a minute, are there any upload places you prefer?

Also, I finished putting Zack's hair on your model.

I'll be working on the tutorial/Barret skeleton for Nanaki and I'll probably upload all  at once.

As for Chase, what kind of model editing are you doing? I could try to teach you or help you blend hairstyles together, the picture I posted before was Cloud's face with Rufus' hair, if you know which characters you want replaced, I can do it for you and include pictures of how I did it.

chasedark

• View Profile
Right now I'm wanting to learn to mix and match hairstyles till I get better then maybe make my own models so I might release my ridiculous mod out to the world.

I've been trying to give Cloud' head a remodel with his hairstyle from his 13 year old field model with the ponytail so it can be used in battle.
As well as combining Reno's bangs with Cid's hair(minus the cigarette pack and the goggles).  but it might be better to use someone with better bangs like Cloud or Sephiroth, or even Rufus.
« Last Edit: 2014-08-04 20:16:57 by chasedark »

WolfMan

• One whos possessed by nothing possesses evrything
    • View Profile
Kuroda, Do you have any images of red xiii as a human field model. I know you are keeping him tight to your chest, I just want to see him. :)

Kuroda Masahiro

• Stopped modding FF7.
    • View Profile
There would be no point in showing any images yet, after all, if I did, all that we would see is Barret looking exactly as he does normally, since the battle side wasn't even completed yet for me to convert to a field model.

Or if I showed someone else as a human nanaki, you wouldn't notice because it would look either like Cloud's replacement or a NPC.