Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] HorizonPack v3.0 - World & Vehicle Texture Upscale  (Read 84985 times)

Infin1tyZer0

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Do you happen to know which texture folder the transpart one is in? thank you for your help

FatedCourage

• Insane poster
  • I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Here is what my overworld looks like at the very beginning of disc 3, right before going to the orphanage to see Edea.

All that reverted? Dang... Well, more for me to hunt and add!

You'll find the Garden in the "ve" folder, I think.

Infin1tyZer0

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
I see the balgarden under the "ve" folder but i only have 2 .png in there and neither of them have the transparent one.  Both show the black border?  Am I missing textures?

FatedCourage

• Insane poster
  • I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
I see the balgarden under the "ve" folder but i only have 2 .png in there and neither of them have the transparent one.  Both show the black border?  Am I missing textures?

Really? Maybe I have leftovers from when I was testing out the mod... So, basically, Mcindus will have to update it. :P As will I on the hashcode front.

quve

• View Profile
Coming out of nowhere to post this vehicle garden texture to fix the missing transparency issue for now! :D
I sharpened some of the edges too, but nothing too drastic. I just got a little carried away and can't find the original
Spoiler: show
textures/ve/vehicle_balgarden/

Mcindus

• Freak
  • Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
Coming out of nowhere to post this vehicle garden texture to fix the missing transparency issue for now! :D
I sharpened some of the edges too, but nothing too drastic. I just got a little carried away and can't find the original
Spoiler: show
textures/ve/vehicle_balgarden/

Looks great!  I have one hiding around here somewhere.... I just keep forgetting to update the mod.  Hard to want to update the mod for only one fix, though lol.... Thanks for this!

Crestian

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
I made this if anyone wants it.
just replace whatevers in your ve/vehicle_balgarden folder with this one.

Texture file- https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1z7s5epvxfbir3/vehicle_balgarden_13.png?dl=0

« Last Edit: 2017-07-16 03:50:43 by Crestian »

Mcindus

• Freak
    • View Profile
Amazing!!!! I will add it and update the release asap!

olearyf2525

• Crazy poster
    • View Profile
Thanks Quve, Crestian, and McIndus :)

Godlift

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Hey guys I seem to have a problem with my World Map Textures.

https://imgur.com/a/MSPlQ - This is what all the forests in my world map look like. I have used the uv patcher.

Is there a fix for this? What might have I done wrong during the modding process?

EDIT: So in the launcher turning off linear filtering fixes this issue. There is a slight flash that lasts a millisecond of a white line in the forests and sometimes the ground. This flash is in the same spots the huge white line in my picture was im assuming this is normal but just want to ask here and make sure.
« Last Edit: 2017-09-18 00:51:43 by Godlift »

Mcindus

• Freak
    • View Profile
Hey guys I seem to have a problem with my World Map Textures.

https://imgur.com/a/MSPlQ - This is what all the forests in my world map look like. I have used the uv patcher.

Is there a fix for this? What might have I done wrong during the modding process?

EDIT: So in the launcher turning off linear filtering fixes this issue. There is a slight flash that lasts a millisecond of a white line in the forests and sometimes the ground. This flash is in the same spots the huge white line in my picture was im assuming this is normal but just want to ask here and make sure.

Yeah, actually there are a lot less glitches like this using the UV patcher and linear filtering turned off.  If you play the game without the UV patcher, things look... bad.  This 'flash' may be the game loading the new texture/fixing UV?  not sure... you should try putting the /textures folder on a SSD and directing tonberry to that folder using the prefs.txt file in /tonberry

Godlift

• Fast newbie
    • View Profile
Yeah, actually there are a lot less glitches like this using the UV patcher and linear filtering turned off.  If you play the game without the UV patcher, things look... bad.  This 'flash' may be the game loading the new texture/fixing UV?  not sure... you should try putting the /textures folder on a SSD and directing tonberry to that folder using the prefs.txt file in /tonberry

Awesome I already have my game on an ssd so it looks like what im experiencing is normal, I noticed the same thing on other modders games on youtube after posting so I am relieved knowing that its normal and not some mistake I made. Before turning off the filtering it was really bad but since turning it off the small flashes every now and then as the new textures are loaded are not a problem.

Thanks again for all your hard work on these mods and thank you for helping me out with my questions!