Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2436120 times)

aurelios

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #1400 on: 2013-07-24 00:50:09 »
it is normal the low fps ? i getting only 10~20 on open field and  60(only a few) on battles.My AMD driver is 13.5 beta
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 00:53:46 by aurelios »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: 2013-07-24 00:59:52 »
try turning off post processing if u have it checked.  it doesn't work right but itl do that.

aurelios

• View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: 2013-07-24 01:22:38 »
thank you, it work, just one more question, there is some way to load my savegame from ff remake ?

Zatos

• View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: 2013-07-24 04:51:18 »
If you find the post again show it to me please ...
I think the many "ERROR: GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY" are the right note.
Your video card retains too much data.
Try to turn off vbo and pbo, may this helps.
If not, try also cache off.
Last shaders off could also help you to save video ram.

Thanks, that worked.  For anyone else in the future that might have the problem.  Even though my graphics card has plenty of memory... 2GB I believe.  Apparently, for whatever reason, it doesn't like going over a certain amount of memory in FF7.

I turned on compress textures, then I turned off shaders, postprocessing, pbo and vbo.  In task manager I have kept an eye on its memory usage.  It seems like FF7 would be close to crashing whenever memory usage started getting up to around 150,000 K.  Which is hardly anything, but whatever.  Changing all those settings has helped me play the game several hours without a crash, and the memory no longer got up that high (except momentarily when loading battles).
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 05:15:46 by Zatos »

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: 2013-07-24 06:06:02 »
Very well.
Now you can activate the functions individually again to find out, what caused the error.

Reports then again, thank you.

Cwatt6661

• View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: 2013-07-24 07:37:34 »
Just came across an issue, wondering if anyone has a fix (similar to the Yuffie fix).

I loaded Whiteraven's Vincent to see how it looked (looked great apart from the size compared to the rest of the characters) so I swapped over to Vincent Remodel.  It also has a large model if not larger.  I decided to go back to the original, however when I finished the bootleg everything (so far) has changed over except Vincent's battle model.  Was wondering if this was an issue and if it can be fixed the way without running bootleg again (like the Yuffie Grimmy - Whiteraven fix)?

Second thing about the "Rebuilded" models.  Are they worth loading if I am using the PRP classics? Is there much difference in the two? Or should T.A just remodel all of the characters like they did with Cloud?!  ;D

Lengthy but any help would be great.

Thanks!

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: 2013-07-24 13:02:41 »
Thanks, that worked. 
I turned on compress textures, then I turned off shaders, postprocessing, pbo and vbo. 
The only problem out of all of those was possibly post-processing. We should make a note in the FAQ that post-processing is broken.

I loaded Whiteraven's Vincent to see how it looked (looked great apart from the size compared to the rest of the characters) so I swapped over to Vincent Remodel.  It also has a large model if not larger.  I decided to go back to the original, however when I finished the bootleg everything (so far) has changed over except Vincent's battle model.  Was wondering if this was an issue and if it can be fixed the way without running bootleg again (like the Yuffie Grimmy - Whiteraven fix)?

Second thing about the "Rebuilded" models.  Are they worth loading if I am using the PRP classics? Is there much difference in the two? Or should T.A just remodel all of the characters like they did with Cloud?!  ;D
1. You shouldn't install bootleg ontop of itself for changes like this, and it doesn't work anyway. You will need to completely uninstall and delete your entire FF7 directory (not the mods and the bootleg installer). If after bootleg you want to change something you need to do it outside of bootleg with other tools. If you had the exact battle model you wanted to insert in a file or folder, then you could do that without reinstalling bootleg. I don't know where to get that Vincent but you probably need to reinstall anyway. Be very careful with choices in bootleg because reinstalling it is a pain UNLESS you learn and use the bootleg "ff7 install image" function. "Install image", when correctly used, allows you to just reinstall bootleg over itself.

2. The "rebuilded" set by Squallff8 is a good base model set, it is used by many other sets that have come out since he did them, several years ago. The choice you'll probably want as far as model set is "Bootlegged". It uses a lot of the "rebuilded" models, but a lot of other models that are more complex as well, many of which are just built off of the "rebuilded" set.

3. Once you are happy with your bootleg setup, you should look into the Unshaded Model Overhaul project by Kaldarasha. 
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 13:17:24 by Template »

Cwatt6661

• View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: 2013-07-24 16:30:08 »
1. You shouldn't install bootleg ontop of itself for changes like this, and it doesn't work anyway. You will need to completely uninstall and delete your entire FF7 directory (not the mods and the bootleg installer). If after bootleg you want to change something you need to do it outside of bootleg with other tools. If you had the exact battle model you wanted to insert in a file or folder, then you could do that without reinstalling bootleg. I don't know where to get that Vincent but you probably need to reinstall anyway. Be very careful with choices in bootleg because reinstalling it is a pain UNLESS you learn and use the bootleg "ff7 install image" function. "Install image", when correctly used, allows you to just reinstall bootleg over itself.

2. The "rebuilded" set by Squallff8 is a good base model set, it is used by many other sets that have come out since he did them, several years ago. The choice you'll probably want as far as model set is "Bootlegged". It uses a lot of the "rebuilded" models, but a lot of other models that are more complex as well, many of which are just built off of the "rebuilded" set.

3. Once you are happy with your bootleg setup, you should look into the Unshaded Model Overhaul project by Kaldarasha. 

Alright I will try this out.  Just to be sure what am I deleting?  you say the entire FF7 directory, is this the "Final Fantasy VII" file folder?  Will this delete any of the save games? I'm not sure where those files are.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 16:32:25 by Cwatt6661 »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: 2013-07-24 16:34:39 »
Yes, and yes. But you can just move the "save" folder and put it back when you're done if you want to keep your saves.

Cwatt6661

• View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: 2013-07-24 16:36:48 »
Yes, and yes. But you can just move the "save" folder and put it back when you're done if you want to keep your saves.

Okay, are there any other folders I should keep such as the Multi_DLL?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: 2013-07-24 16:37:49 »
Just the folder with all your mods and the Bootleg installer.

Cwatt6661

• View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: 2013-07-24 16:40:14 »
Just the folder with all your mods and the Bootleg installer.

All my mods being the bootleg040mods?  or the actual folder called "mods"?

Sorry for all the questions  :D

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: 2013-07-24 16:49:51 »
Not the folder called mods, just the folder where your packed Bootleg mods are. And it's alright, that's the purpose of this thread.

Cwatt6661

• View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: 2013-07-24 18:40:56 »
Not the folder called mods, just the folder where your packed Bootleg mods are. And it's alright, that's the purpose of this thread.

Alright so I deleted the FF7 folder, kept the bootleg.exe, the mods and such.  Ran bootleg with the options I wanted, though the field models are fine. the battle models are just the default even though I set them differently. Tifa's battle model did not change and the one she has now, her face has white pixel squares on it. Not sure where I went wrong here.

I have lost my music too... I was just using the FF7 music that came with the installation of bootleg before.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 18:57:26 by Cwatt6661 »

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: 2013-07-24 19:02:50 »
Alright so I deleted the FF7 folder, kept the bootleg.exe, the mods and such.  Ran bootleg with the options I wanted, though the field models are fine.
Did you actually uninstall ff7? There's a windows control panel for uninstalling programs. Are you running ff7 on STEAM?

Cwatt6661

• View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: 2013-07-24 19:09:11 »
Did you actually uninstall ff7? There's a windows control panel for uninstalling programs. Are you running ff7 on STEAM?

Yeah, that's what I am doing as we speak.  Yeah I have the steam version.

And with Kaldarasha's models after downloading the UM-model overhaul where do I extract them?  and if was to want to use the Team Avalanche Cloud battle model will the UM-model overhaul models show instead?

Thanks again

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: 2013-07-24 19:41:33 »
Yeah, that's what I am doing as we speak.  Yeah I have the steam version.

Just to be clear:
Frequently Asked Questions

I don't like XYZ mod. Can I just run Bootleg again with something else selected?

No, you cannot. Many of the mods will alter the main files of the game, and uninstalling does not revert back to their original file structure. You will need to start over to change or try a new mod.
  • Uninstall FF7Music via Windows Control Panel.
  • Uninstall the game via Windows Control Panel.
  • Clean your registry using this tool: HERE
  • Delete the old installation folder completely. It will have junk files leftover from modding, and installing back into will cause a nightmare.
  • Install the game and start modding again.
(First page of this thread  :P )

From page 54: (and it goes round and round and round)
Unfortunately this will require a full reinstall. Reinstall completely (make sure everything is deleted from the game install folder) and use Kompass63's Registry tool before reinstalling ff7 and then using Kompass63 Game Converter .8b, Start the game to test it once after the Game Converter. Then install bootleg.
Anyway,
And with Kaldarasha's models after downloading the UM-model overhaul where do I extract them?  and if was to want to use the Team Avalanche Cloud battle model will the UM-model overhaul models show instead?
These are reasonable but fairly complicated questions. The answers are written in threads peppered throughout this forum. As long as the search function is working it should be fairly easy to find. But the UM Overhaul thread isn't THAT long, and it's a lot of pictures, so I'd really suggest reading it if you plan to use it. It's sort of cryptic on purpose because Kaldarasha doesn't want just anyone being able to use his mods. You have to really want them. I made a sort of knock-off thread with his models in a package for unconverted (non-bootleg) ff7 installs that also might be of help.   
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 19:44:46 by Template »

Cwatt6661

• View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: 2013-07-24 19:50:34 »
Just to be clear: (First page of this thread  :P )

From page 54: (and it goes round and round and round)Anyway,These are reasonable but fairly complicated questions. The answers are written in threads peppered throughout this forum. As long as the search function is working it should be fairly easy to find. But the UM Overhaul thread isn't THAT long, and it's a lot of pictures, so I'd really suggest reading it if you plan to use it. It's sort of cryptic on purpose because Kaldarasha doesn't want just anyone being able to use his mods. You have to really want them. I made a sort of knock-off thread with his models in a package for unconverted (non-bootleg) ff7 installs that also might be of help.

Ah I thought his mods were available for use by anyone like the bootleg mods, my mistake I will settle for the bootleg ones so I don't hurt myself trying to figure out how to use them.  Hopefully I can get the game up and running again.  All the cool mods have spoiled me since I found this forum haha,  Should just take the ones I have and settle with that.

I will read back on the forum and see if I can solve the music issue if not I may be an annoyance again.

Thanks again for your help and great work with all of this.

gundi

• View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: 2013-07-24 20:12:59 »
First time poster so I apologize if my format is off.

I am having an error occur when you exit the train and go fight your first battle. It will attempt to load the battle but when the screen goes black, I get the "something has gone wrong" box. Also, my sound did not start until after the train stopped, in case that is an issue. I've run the game three times and the sound issue is new, in case that helps.

My APP is as follows:
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series 4.2.12002 Compatibility Profile Context 9.12.0.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
GLITCH: Unable to turn on vsync
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x720, output resolution 960x720, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 128, vert uniform 1024, frag uniform 1024
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file G:\New games\ff7\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: G:\New games\ff7\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
INFO: G:\New games\ff7\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\sqlogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 14.533333, frames: 218
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
INFO: G:\New games\ff7\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\opening.avi; h264/aac 1280x896, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 119.466667, frames: 1792
INFO: slow output format from video codec h264; 12
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
GLITCH: Vsync seems to be forced OFF, battle swirl framelimiter will not work
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 300
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
ERROR: could not open file camdat0.bin
ERROR: unhandled exception

I am on a PC running windows 7 with an AMD FX(tm)-6200 six-Core Processor 3.80GHz.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: 2013-07-24 20:39:52 »
First time poster so I apologize if my format is off.

I am having an error occur when you exit the train and go fight your first battle. It will attempt to load the battle but when the screen goes black, I get the "something has gone wrong" box. Also, my sound did not start until after the train stopped, in case that is an issue. I've run the game three times and the sound issue is new, in case that helps.
No problem, thanks for posting the app.log. If you want you can edit your post and put [code ] [/code ] tags around the text from the APP to save space, but it's not important.
There are a few things going on looking at it:
First off, it shows what video driver you are using, and you are using a newer version of Catalyst that breaks Aali's custom opengl driver (the first line of the APP.log shows you are rendering the game using Aali's custom driver, which is correct).
Uninstall your current drivers first (very important), then install these AMD Catalyst 13.5 Beta2 drivers.
Second, your install itself is broken. I'm guessing this is a STEAM install? Steam ff7 is annoying to mod. To be specific, the new-to-old game patch that comes with bootleg was made before STEAM released ff7, they don't like each other.
This is an issue with language versions and filenames, I think. Unfortunately this will require a full reinstall.
Reinstall completely (make sure everything is deleted from the game install folder) and use Kompass63's Registry tool before reinstalling ff7 and then using Kompass63 Game Converter .8b, Start the game to test it once after the Game Converter. Then install bootleg.

PLEASE DO NOT USE "STEAM MOVER"
This Tool don't update the Registry, my FF7 GameConverter can not work correctly!
Preferring instead to move the whole Steam folder as described here.

and finally:
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x720, output resolution 960x720, internal resolution 3840x2160
That output res is weird looking. Did you put that on purpose? I think my computer would crash if I tried to play at that resolution, too. But that's probably not really a big deal. The other things are. Once you get everything working, try output res of 1920X1080 and internal res of 5120X3840 and crank up the driver-forced anti-aliasing. Also, you should use Vsync for this game (and any other where FPS is not a factor) it will actually interfere with the game having vsync forced off.

1 more thing I thought of which might be added to the Tutorial. Post-processing doesn't work at all anymore. Feel free to play around with it to see if you are King Arthur and can fix it, but mostly it's just going to grind your video proc. needlessly, and at worst it will cause graphic anomalies and crashes. Also, pretty jealous of your machine... think might be time to build a new computer to make myself feel better.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-24 21:01:31 by Template »

Funchal99

• View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: 2013-07-24 21:59:43 »
Just one more thing, I swear (at least until I run into any other odd problems).
The Vsync doesn't seem to be working properly. Nothing gamebreaking or anything, but it shows mostly while walking on the field and during flv scenes (battle sections are pretty much fine). I'm not using post processing, vbo or pbo.
Is this to be expected (it is a pretty old game running on new system after all) or is there a fix? I tried forcing v-sync through nvidia control pannel to no avail.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: 2013-07-24 22:06:13 »
Just one more thing, I swear (at least until I run into any other odd problems).
The Vsync doesn't seem to be working properly. Nothing gamebreaking or anything, but it shows mostly while walking on the field and during flv scenes (battle sections are pretty much fine). I'm not using post processing, vbo or pbo.
Is this to be expected (it is a pretty old game running on new system after all) or is there a fix? I tried forcing v-sync through nvidia control pannel to no avail.
Sucks doesn't it? I got used to it, but I'd love it if someone would make a post-processing filter that blurred the jerky movement of ff7 PC. It's normal, VSYNC actually works fine with ff7 and is adjusted by the application for different parts (depending on which mods you're using this may or may not work in some minigames, like the motorbike escape from midgar) so you should allow the application to control it.

Funchal99

• View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: 2013-07-24 22:19:39 »
Oh, alright then.
Also, I downloaded the tifa's package, which is over 17 GB, can I delete from my computer now that everything is installed? (I'm supposing the files that I chose in the configurator were unzipped and installed already, right?).

lemon

• View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: 2013-07-25 00:14:41 »
I'm having a terrible time getting this to work. My game shows a black screen then kicks me back to the desktop. I have the sound driver configurated, and I can test the sound and it's fine. This is a Steam install, and I did use Steam Mover. Could that be the cause of these problems?

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: 2013-07-25 02:39:06 »
Yah Steam Mover seems to be a dead end. If you scroll up just a little is a link about how to move the entire STEAM directory.