Author Topic: Is there really no way to use the Jessie mod without 7th heaven?  (Read 3000 times)

DBZFan102

• View Profile
I just managed to install Reunion and the Remako mods, and was looking into other interesting mods, but from what I've read of this one, it's apparently only compatible with 7th Heaven? What's the reason for that?

DBZFan102

• View Profile
I see. I'll test it out later and tell you guys if it worked or not. Just wanted some confirmation.

DBZFan102

• View Profile
Okay, um. How do I edit the options file to add more than one mod? Editing mod_id from none to remako was easy enough... but writing 'remako, jessie' just made it add a folder with that name to the CUSTOM directory on reunion. So what am I supposed to do in this situation? Does it need all mods to be in the same folder?

DBZFan102

• View Profile
Okay, I just discovered I didn't actually manage to install remako correctly. All it did was add a bunch of empty folders to my remako directory. So I now have no idea how to add mods to reunion. Can someone who knows help me out here? I already extracted all the iro files and everything, I just don't know how to make the game actually use them.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Hold up.

The reason the Jessie mod is 7h only is because 7h is able to hotswap files in during the game's runtime depending on certain variables (what field ID the player is on, some in-game variables like Game Progression, what Key Items you have, etc).

So what Jessie mod does is, it swaps Tifa's Battle Model and Menu Portrait with a Jessie version while you're in Reactor No.1. Once you leave, the game swaps back in the original Tifa Battle Model + Menu Portrait.

If you put the Jessie mod files into, say, R06, then Tifa's battle model + menu portrait will always be replaced by the Jessie versions for the entire game. I guess this might not necessarily be a bad thing if you were wanting it to last a little longer than the first Reactor. You could also take those files back out once you're clear of Reactor 1, I guess.

DBZFan102

• View Profile
Hold up.

The reason the Jessie mod is 7h only is because 7h is able to hotswap files in during the game's runtime depending on certain variables (what field ID the player is on, some in-game variables like Game Progression, what Key Items you have, etc).

So what Jessie mod does is, it swaps Tifa's Battle Model and Menu Portrait with a Jessie version while you're in Reactor No.1. Once you leave, the game swaps back in the original Tifa Battle Model + Menu Portrait.

If you put the Jessie mod files into, say, R06, then Tifa's battle model + menu portrait will always be replaced by the Jessie versions for the entire game. I guess this might not necessarily be a bad thing if you were wanting it to last a little longer than the first Reactor. You could also take those files back out once you're clear of Reactor 1, I guess.

I see, thank you. Your reply was very informative. But I'm still in the dark over how to install either mod. I know this wasn't the purpose of this thread, but could you explain how I could install both remako and the jessie mod? I have no idea where I'm supposed to put the files I have, nor do I know how I'm meant to edit the mod_id in the options.ini, if I'm supposed to do that at all.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
ah if it does that then no.  It's not the purpose of R06 to do mods like that.

DBZFan102

• View Profile
I'm just looking for help with adding mods in general at this point. I know for a fact remako works with reunion, I just have no idea how to actually pull it off.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
I'm just looking for help with adding mods in general at this point. I know for a fact remako works with reunion, I just have no idea how to actually pull it off.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg271876#msg271876

this guide is mostly talking about installing a different ESRGAN mod like remako, Satsuki's mod ( http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19204.0 ), but its a pretty good guide on how to install mods in general on r06
« Last Edit: 2020-04-04 23:35:28 by Orichalcon »

DBZFan102

• View Profile
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg271876#msg271876

this guide is mostly talking about installing a different ESRGAN mod like remako, Satsuki's mod ( http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19204.0 ), but its a pretty good guide on how to install mods in general on r06

Thank you! I'll try it out when I have the time.