Author Topic: Weeemus FF Fan Movie?  (Read 15780 times)

apz freak

• View Profile
Re: Weeemus FF Fan Movie?
« Reply #25 on: 2008-04-05 02:28:19 »
Whoah! Getting way better there bud! Now you're really starting to impress me! :wink:

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008-04-05 05:50:26 »
Thanks. doing small details and enhancements are quite fun actually  :-D.

Made a nose hole now and recreating lips. As it is just textured on before. Still alot to do...

As for hair should i leave it as it is? or create a new better one? like less blocky or a new texture eg like the tifa screenshot.

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008-04-05 06:25:01 »
so what are you goina use to make the movie? ive got some unused editing software on my comp, and i was thinking about maybe remakeing a couple of the games fmvs...and seeing if i could get them to work like the ones they made for the ps3 release...(opening scene and sephi's fire scene if any1 hasnt seen them) im not goina try to make anything is such detail...but maybe change the fmvs to fit with some of the replacement mods out there? any ideas on the difficulty of that? i am aware it would be quite tedious but ive not seen any1 even mention it on these forums, was wondering if something about the game engine made it impossible...kinda like the better background images....

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008-04-05 06:42:31 »
deleted
« Last Edit: 2008-04-05 06:45:01 by obesebear »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008-04-05 06:44:12 »
ive got some unused editing software on my comp, and i was thinking about maybe remakeing a couple of the games fmvs...and seeing if i could get them to work like the ones they made for the ps3 release...(opening scene and sephi's fire scene if any1 hasnt seen them)

If you're talking about editing the Sephiroth and opening scene into the game, it's already been done.  I want to say Otokoshi was the one to edit them in, but I'm not positive.

found 'em... FMVs

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008-04-05 06:54:48 »
It's very possible, I had a few pm's form people requesting me to recreate the fmv's.

I was planing hey why not, it's a good practice animations before i get into the short movie. But as of yet i am still learning how to animate, thanks to the people who has sent me some tutorials. I'll have to take a look at it soon =]. But right now still have to finish my model anyway.

Well you can try if you like  :lol: good chance for you to be the first fmv mod guy =P that created from scratch.
Difficulty? depends on your model. but everything takes time and would be pain in the ass here and now.

Anyhow! Create your clip with whatever program your using.

After that. Download virtualdub i think it was. Resize the video clip w 320 h 224 somewhere like that. Save the clip and use some xvid codec... Search otokoshi's opening and sephiroth fmv mod. There should be a download to that xivd codec.

Heres a idea for you if you end up just ripping from games. Use the CC special ending Where cloud goes to midgar as the opening fmv.

After he says "I'm cloud" fades out to black, cut it there! and then the game begins. (you don't always need him jumping off the train)  :x

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008-04-05 07:02:46 »

If you're talking about editing the Sephiroth and opening scene into the game, it's already been done.  I want to say Otokoshi was the one to edit them in, but I'm not positive.

im sorry, i was using them as an example, im a little tired and that didnt come out in what i typed...lol but thx for linking them i didnt know he had them posted on here...i found them somewhere else

and weeemus thx for the info, ive played thru this game so much on the psx ive gotten tired of the same content givin to me in the same way lol now that i got my pc version working and all these new mods (rcp/prp) the fmvs dont seem to keep up with the field chars lol

ill have to figure out how to use my editing software...i used to use them but that was about 3 versions ago and it all seems different to me now lol ill start simple with using other videos and maybe make me own original content sometime...thx again for the info

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008-04-05 08:24:38 »
Your welcome  :-D But hey may i ask. Whats the name of the program called? And is it on windows?

ive played thru this game so much on the psx ive gotten tired of the same content

Haha as for me i played it too much that i can't believe i never touched it again  :|

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008-04-05 15:54:08 »
Actually, if you ever get down to it, recreating the movies would be an awesome idea as that's one of the only parts in the game that still needs major improvements (apart from the background obviously).

However, I'm sure Square would take issue to that so you would basically need to work on them in secret and release them only when done through torrent or whatever so they can't be stopped once released!

That, however, would be somewhat of a shady way of doing it plus you'd have loads of work to basically handle alone.

No matter what comes out of it, keep up the good work!  :mrgreen:

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008-04-05 16:03:27 »
Oh what! you cant release fmvs as well? @.@ even if its from scratch?

gee that sucks... Come to think of it what about dead fantasy? did he have to take that down as well?

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008-04-05 16:05:02 »
Dead Fantasy's still up I think, I watched it the other day.
That is a truly awesome fan movie. :-D

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008-04-05 16:14:35 »
Yeah it is  :-D But i mean the original author, i can only find the clips posted up from other people.

Swampthing15

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008-04-05 17:13:45 »
Your welcome  :-D But hey may i ask. Whats the name of the program called? And is it on windows?

well ive not figure out what to use and if i already have it or need to get more yet, im still new to this type of modding (mostly stuck with editing weapon stats and what not in other pc games) i havent actually started in projects yet but i really want to, and since the fmvs have been largely unaltered, i thought id start with that so that im not merely recreating something some1 else has created lol

but ill let you know what software im going to use, im thinking right now that ill be able to use Adobe After Effects CS3 and the macromedia studio 8 stuff ive got...and maybe some 3ds max for the modeling (i hope i can use it cause its really the only 3d thing that ive used much)

Marc

• I hear Voices ... in my head
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008-04-05 17:41:34 »
Oh what! you cant release fmvs as well? @.@ even if its from scratch?

gee that sucks... Come to think of it what about dead fantasy? did he have to take that down as well?

I'm no lawyer so I don't know where they would stand but if "re-made" high quality original FMV's without consent, I'd figure they would take offense.

As far as original content such as dead fantasy, I doubt they'd mind.

But then again I'm just a sales rep so what do I know!

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008-04-06 12:48:45 »
I don't think they would mind, as it's no different from if you go on youtube and watch all the parodys that use the ingame engine, I mean seriously, what's worse, someone taking time and effort to make an awesome movie like dead fantasy, or someone changing the scripting from the ACTUAL game, and poking fun at it?
I hope to the gods, that Squeenix wouldn't be offended by someone making something like dead fantasy, because it takes a lot of talent to make.

In fact, they'd be better giving dead fantasy's creator a job.....

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008-04-06 14:21:49 »
YES! finished! Clouds body structure and clothing!.

http://weeemus.deviantart.com/art/Cloud-wip-82040080

Check it out.

I added every small detail i could as well. Theres even shoe print thing under the shoe. Well you cant see it on this picture though, it was either i uploaded this scene or a pic of a shoe... lol

Anyway, The belts and everything are not textured onto the torso anymore, I created Shaped wrapped around the chest.

Also there is a nose hole which really enhanced his facial features. Who would of thought 1 small thing can do so much.

Currently the only thing i must do. Is create a new mouth since currently his mouth is just textured onto the face. Oh and maybe retexture his hair + eyebrows  and add eye lashes.

Man this is really annoying... But i managed!.

Drawing textures was as hard as modeling the head.  :x
I could have just copied the belt texture form any screenshot and edit it. But for me since everything is all original. I decided not to be cheap with the textures and draw everything myself on photoshop.

Oh nearly forgot... The buster sword.. I have the color right but missing the lines on the blade. (This buster sword is shown in the secret ending of crisis core i used that one as reference. Not the one with zack in gameplay.)

Hope this looks like cloud... after i remodeled the eyebrow and eye again  :|

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008-04-06 19:37:05 »
weeemus.... wow, that looks great, kudos to you.

Quote from: obesebear

Thanks obesebear, yup that little project was mine.

Quote from: weeemus
Search otokoshi's opening and sephiroth fmv mod. There should be a download to that xivd codec.

I used to link to the Xvid version, but I got way too many emails about how to use them in game.  Apparently reading and following the instructions given to them is hard for people on the int3rnets.  So I eventually just linked the Indeo encoded video files.  I believe you can still find the ones I encoded in Xvid if you browse my FileFront files, should be under videos/xvid or something like that.  If anyone really needs them I'll upload again.

Quote from: weeemus
After that. Download virtualdub i think it was. Resize the video clip w 320 h 224 somewhere like that. Save the clip and use some xvid codec... Search otokoshi's opening and sephiroth fmv mod. There should be a download to that xivd codec.

Heres a idea for you if you end up just ripping from games. Use the CC special ending Where cloud goes to midgar as the opening fmv.

That is a great idea.  There is some boundaries you must stay within.  FF7 has a strange frame counter, so it counts the frames of the designated video and once it reaches it, the game will continue the gameplay with the midi music and whatnot.  As long as your video calculates to the same frame count as the original you are replacing, there shouldn't be a problem.  For example, all the default videos run at 15fps, and the opening video is 1m 59s roughly.  As long as your video replacing it meets the 1785 frames, there shouldn't be a problem.  One trick is to make a shorter length video then the one you are replacing and increase its fps.  I've done this with a new opening video and it worked with great results.

Quote from: Swampthing15
im sorry, i was using them as an example, im a little tired and that didnt come out in what i typed...lol but thx for linking them i didnt know he had them posted on here...i found them somewhere else

Wow, really?  I'd be interested to know where else this little video has traveled.  :-D

Quote from: Swampthing15
but ill let you know what software im going to use, im thinking right now that ill be able to use Adobe After Effects CS3 and the macromedia studio 8 stuff ive got...

That will definitely be more than enough.  I used VirtualDub and some image editor for my projects.  I was tempted to use some postprocessing, but with the color depth and size limitations, I figured it wouldn't show in the final product.

I wish either of you the best if you choose to recreate some of the fmvs.  I'm not positive about the legality, but I'm sure there are ways around it.  There are sites that openly offer all the fmvs and audio for just about every square/enix game.  They offer a disclaimer that only those that own the content may download.  I wouldn't bet the forum would host the patch, but one could post the web address, not link to said web address, where others can download off another host.

Jeeper

« Reply #42 on: 2008-04-07 15:53:28 »
Hey, if you want any texturing done I'd gladly help. Keep up the good work!