Author Topic: Weeemus FF Fan Movie?  (Read 15941 times)

weeemus

• View Profile
Weeemus FF Fan Movie?
« on: 2008-04-01 16:35:36 »
Hey all. I really got into ff7 again right after i saw "dead fantasy", pretty awesome short movie. After watching it inspired me to create one of my own. :-D

So today, i experimented here and there and created a cloud from scratch. ( haha i don't even know of a storyline or have any plans at the moment)

The cloud i attempted to make, was crisis core style. After Zack dies and cloud inherits the buster sword and his clothes.

Here is a screenshot of my design. (not yet finished)

Hm... well now, i need to learn how to animate first of all. Currently i don't have much time in hands but hey if any of you guys know the best and fastest tutorial to learn how to animate?. Much appreciated if you could post up a link or a short quick tutorial. (my internet is too laggy, i cannot browse many websites to find tutorials)

By the way for the people who has been asking and requesting me to create new mods...Well sorry but i have no desire or interest in creating furthermore mods but i can assist you.

Ps don't bother asking for this cloud model to be imported into FFVII. It has way too many polygons anyway.

Dead Fantasy If you haven't seen it  :-D

Dead fantasy 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5v0_TjBxY8

Dead fantasy 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=pDTPDSkmOw4
« Last Edit: 2008-04-02 07:18:52 by weeemus »

zackxc

• View Profile
Re: Weeemus FF Fan Movie?
« Reply #1 on: 2008-04-01 23:29:59 »
Woah...Thats so awesome! dude where did you learn to model like that?

keep up the good job! can't wait to see your short movie clip

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-04-01 23:37:50 »
This is an awesome Cloud model, I really wish I was smart enough to maybe reduce the poly count and have it imported into FFVII, that'd suit me much mor than the current battle model I'm using...(Much appreciated to the creators of NPC re-construction though, it makes the game a hell of a lot better) I just wish I could use this one now, I'm fickle haha :-)

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008-04-01 23:41:07 »
You DO need a story board :-D
I think you had made its bones so the animation is the left. Well, I also have a book about this affair but it's rather too long. I'll try to summarize or get a shorter one for you

ps: it seems that the lower and the upper leg are separated

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-04-01 23:42:46 »

Isn't that some sort of flowy, skirt/cape/hard to describe...thing?

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-04-02 03:34:15 »
Take a closer look to the legs, wrinkles are not natural, which made me think that weeemus modeled each object separatedly like the way we import our models to ff7. However, in order to make animation in this case, we are not recommended to do in this way, we have to model as few objects as possible (not actually like that but hope you understand my word ^^!) to make smooth movement

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-04-02 06:28:42 »
I think you had made its bones so the animation is the left. Well, I also have a book about this affair but it's rather too long. I'll try to summarize or get a shorter one for you

Thanks silverwing  :-D much appreciated.

Take a closer look to the legs.....

Yeah your right, i modeled cloud part by part, as how i create a model for ff7. I find it easier to model this way. After i finish cloud i can just merge the model into one and smooth it out anyway.

Heres another screen of the same model but different pose.

I traced over the head of cloud from kh2 (pictures) and used that as my reference. So far I'm pretty proud of the head result =].

But i'm cutting out the eyes soon to make a high quality eye such as hi-res Tidus's eye quality.

Cough" and this one was the first attempt. He looks so evil.

update-

Heres tifa design. However i did not create the head, it is only temporary until i create a head of my own. (head from kh2)
As for the body, i have not yet created legs, so thats why its a close up shot  :-D

I used Szico VII tifa body model as reference

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/screenshots/File/74212/17

so basically I was attempting to create a similar tifa body like his work. Which so far i believe looks very similar =]

Also http://bp3.blogger.com/_uMBlI5UHBxc/Rx52gA3LuWI/AAAAAAAAAcE/J6qlCvoHqNc/s320/tifa-cg.jpg This image as reference.
« Last Edit: 2008-04-03 05:27:27 by weeemus »

zackxc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008-04-02 09:00:52 »
Love the tifa man.  :mrgreen:

What program did you use? and any recommendations? 3d max/maya/poser/lightwave/milkshape 3d/gmax ?

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008-04-02 13:32:13 »
What program did you use?

I only use 3d max, since its the first program I've used and I'm quite familiar with it. For starters i say 3d max? I'm not to sure, just try the 3d programs and pick one you like the most.

Finalfantasy the movie used poser.

Anyway!  :-D

I'm not far off now from crisis core cloud, after so many attempts. I think i got it now.

i have a few other pictures. you can see them on my DA

http://weeemus.deviantart.com
« Last Edit: 2008-04-03 04:59:47 by weeemus »

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008-04-02 13:58:30 »
to weeemus:
Well, making animation is not hard but making a movie, even a short one, is an other story. There are lots of things you have to do: story board, motion, background, lighting, effect, audio etc. Therefore, I want to talk over with you carefully. Do you have an email address or Y!ID? If you dont mind, I'll ask some of my friends who is interested in your project (calling friends though most of them are older than me :-D)

btw, an other one in DA here ^^ http://sparkling-wings.deviantart.com/

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008-04-02 14:16:47 »
Nice pictures =] i like the teary yuna one. lol well, i wanted to learn how to use bones and just any basic animation, since i always end up doing frame by frame for everything.

But at the start i was planing on doing so anyway, enhance each frame in photoshop, though will take a long time.

Planing to do was, export all keyframes from 3d max.

- photoshop enhance it
- particle illusion for spells
- adobe after effects to tone things up

As for background - World builder (don't know how to use yet)

This is the first 3d movie i was planning to make and also my media outcomes are coming up, it doesn't have to be 3d animated but i decided i want a change.

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008-04-02 23:21:47 »
i know its DOA vs FF but man O MAN do i wish that the male charecters could duke it out with some other famed game title! don't get me wrong all the FF chicks own but i would prefer to see cloud duking it out with some other famous game charecter, then squall, then tidus man that would own! the person who made this deserves props!

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008-04-03 05:03:42 »
What i was planing to do, was have all FF people so like a ff trilogy.  :-D

Well, then again plans have changed again since it takes a hell long time to create just cloud. so not all ff characters i suppose, but most.

Unless i could just make a fighting movie full on like dead fantasy, without any speech. though thats still pretty hard. lol

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008-04-03 06:05:14 »
well no matter what you choose i fully support and look forward to it with great anticipation =)

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008-04-03 11:05:58 »
I think, and I hope I'm not alone in this, that it would be úber cool to see Jecht in one of these fighting movies. Now I know it's a lot of hard work, for little gain other than praise mostly, and I personally can't do it, but I would give a LOT of afore-mentioned praise to the creator of Jecht VS Seph....

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008-04-03 11:26:11 »
How old are you? If relatively young that's pretty impressive!

But if you're like me and several years out of high school, I'd expect more.

But if you wanna turn this into an animated fight movie, I'd suggest you get the details of Cloud right.

One shoulder pad on his left shoulder with 3 bolts sticking out, with that metal gauntlet thing on his left forearm. different straps on the left and right side of his shirt, Brown gloves with silver studs on them. That particular zip up boot that's brown.

I made sure to get all the detail right in this model I modified:

The only difference is the bangle has a different design on it, they changed it, watch the ps3 tech demo closely, or maybe even youtube for the secret ending to Crisis Core, i made that design exactly to fit the new one like that! Except mine has the old hair style, just cause I like it!
« Last Edit: 2008-04-03 11:29:09 by apz freak »

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008-04-03 11:28:11 »
I kinda like Weemus' Cloud, maybe I'm not a purist or whatever, but I like the design.

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008-04-03 14:47:18 »
I'm 16. I only learned how to model like late last year. So it's been only... 2-3 months i guess for me to learn how to do basic modeling and texturing. But withing the 2-3 months i didn't spend much time so not exact.
But i am no pro, still alot of things i have not learned such as animations in 3dmax. Then again everything is all self taught so yeah, kinda a pain in the ass, but i would say that i specialize in this category "I'll just say computer related"

For the model designs, I wasn't aiming to be exact, but my own version of it yet with a few of the same structure and designs as the original models.

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008-04-03 15:13:48 »
Hmm... It IS good. Very nice. But it looks like the model you released a while back but then took back. Did you just copy that model?

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008-04-03 15:18:25 »
Nope it is a completely new model. When i took down the mod, i deleted every file thats on my computer.

Started from scratch again. But currently still upgrading cloud and experimenting. I'll upload a few screens soon of my newly weird design.  :mrgreen:

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008-04-03 16:06:33 »
Waa haa, you're at the same age to mine. I also came in CG world (a beginner in other word ^^) last summer though I spent most of this time in 2D-digital area
Well, I'll wait for the completion of your very first progress. But I still recommend a careful plan before modeling models which just are in thought of being needed. Btw, are you doing the project yourself? That would cost you lots of time

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008-04-03 22:27:58 »
I'm 16. I only learned how to model like late last year. So it's been only... 2-3 months i guess for me to learn how to do basic modeling and texturing. But withing the 2-3 months i didn't spend much time so not exact.
But i am no pro, still alot of things i have not learned such as animations in 3dmax. Then again everything is all self taught so yeah, kinda a pain in the ass, but i would say that i specialize in this category "I'll just say computer related"

For the model designs, I wasn't aiming to be exact, but my own version of it yet with a few of the same structure and designs as the original models.

Well then I am impressed then! :-D I started tinkering with 3DSMax around that age as well, but now I'm 22! It did help me when I took a 3D animation course in high school, That helped allot, but since it's a novice course only, I basically had to teach myself everything else I know.

I still say you need to add to the details though  :wink: It'll be a good practice!

by the way here's a picture of the new Cloud I made... (click on it to see it bigger) Notice all those tiny details, that's real important if you want to go work for some big company as a career!

« Last Edit: 2008-04-04 05:07:10 by apz freak »

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008-04-04 15:23:49 »
Tada!

My current new cloud. He has new eyes and eyebrows as well + re textured most things.

Still haven't finished the model yet. I need to re texture the pants and create new bottom legs + arms. Also hairstyle and plenty more such as 2 belts + 1 big belt and 2 straps + boots.

I uploaded a few pictures up onto my deviantart. Check them out links below.

http://weeemus.deviantart.com/art/more-cloud-design-screens-81859618

http://weeemus.deviantart.com/art/cloud-with-a-feather-81859886

http://weeemus.deviantart.com/art/same-cloud-81860000

http://weeemus.deviantart.com/art/cc-ending-81860084

http://weeemus.deviantart.com/art/zack-cloud-81860748

I still say you need to add to the details though  wink It'll be a good practice!

Haha yeah i guess so. It is a good practice. Lucky you though. Got to be in a 3D animation high school. I never been to any before, but i would like to. =]

Nice cloud by the way.

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008-04-04 15:34:46 »
Cool, it's coming along nicely, can't wait to see the finished product :-)

weeemus

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008-04-04 17:34:46 »
 :-D finished product lol thats going to take awhile...

School starting soon again and upcoming exams, so i would quite busy.

Anyway heres a close up shot of the hi quality eye i was talking about last time.

(I added more lighting on this one so may look different the model. haha reminds me of twilight princess graphics this picture.)