Author Topic: What is her name?  (Read 24022 times)

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
Re: What is her name?
« Reply #50 on: 2009-06-19 20:41:01 »
Get real. they would have told those millions of people when the game came out. Actually, as a matter of fact, the developers must have tested the f***ing game before they released it. So having tested it, and more than likely ran through numerous playthroughs, you're telling me that they were completely oblivious to the fact that there was a translation error? And that they completely missed the fact that you thought it should be Aerith?

This pic sms up my feelings for you, Seifer - http://www.flickr.com/photos/23816315@N07/2528296337/

:-D  :-D  :-D  :evil:

Also, my previous post was a sarcastic idea to show you how completely idiotic you're being.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-19 20:44:16 by guitar_dudester91 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009-06-19 21:01:09 »
Get real. they would have told those millions of people when the game came out. Actually, as a matter of fact, the developers must have tested the f***ing game before they released it. So having tested it, and more than likely ran through numerous playthroughs, you're telling me that they were completely oblivious to the fact that there was a translation error? And that they completely missed the fact that you thought it should be Aerith?

This pic sms up my feelings for you, Seifer - http://www.flickr.com/photos/23816315@N07/2528296337/

:-D  :-D  :-D  :evil:

Also, my previous post was a sarcastic idea to show you how completely idiotic you're being.

Your ignorance is showing.

The writers don't test games in this way.  The people who do are called "testers" and generally they do not look for translation errors, that is the "translators" job.  The game was released properly in the native language, Japanese.  It is then translated.  If there is a translation error after the game has been rebuilt and released it is TOO LATE to correct it.  

Or do you think "This guy are bad" , "beacause"  or all the other errors

were supposed to be in the game as well?  FF7 used what seems to be a sub standard translation team.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-19 21:03:39 by Seifer Almasy »

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009-06-19 21:03:53 »
So you're saying that you know everything and was there when the testers worked on the game. Also, I'm sure the developers speak English, and more than likely knew whta they were doing when they named her Aeris, her name. So. Yep. I think you are just arguing with the fact that people on here are starting to respect you less and less every post you put up. That's just my "opinion" though. Or is it a claim?.....

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009-06-19 21:07:17 »
So you're saying that you know everything and was there when the testers worked on the game. Also, I'm sure the developers speak English, and more than likely knew whta they were doing when they named her Aeris, her name. So. Yep. I think you are just arguing with the fact that people on here are starting to respect you less and less every post you put up. That's just my "opinion" though. Or is it a claim?.....

I don't think Kitase/sakaguchi/Nomura speak english.,  All interviews I have seen have been translated but they had no input in translation.  That isn't their job.  They write the game in japanese, it is then translated by a completely different dept.  You are refusing to acknowledge some very basic FACTS here:

1.  All games after FF7 have been released using Aerith (and advent children credits lists her as such)
2.  The writers have stated Aerith is a near anagram of Earth (which Aeris isn't)
3.  The game had LOADS of spelling and translation errors other than Aerith
4.  It is a separate dept that translates the game

Why you keep arguing on is beyond me.

Jari

« Reply #54 on: 2009-06-19 21:09:23 »
Apparently it would have been sooooooo much easier if they had just translated her name into 'That Cetra bitch'. There are only so many ways to spell that.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009-06-19 21:10:13 »
Fucking Cetra whore can't have a normal name. Dammit! ha ha ha ha ha oh shit i laughed my ass off over that one Ammo  :-D

PM's?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009-06-19 21:15:47 »
f***ing Cetra whore can't have a normal name. Dammit! ha ha ha ha ha oh sh*t i laughed my ass off over that one Ammo  :-D

PM's?

he isn't getting any PM's from me again, and even if he did it would be no concern of yours, so please stop inciting trouble.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009-06-19 21:19:20 »
Inciting? Oh I'm sorry I wasn't talking to you. That must have been a translation error too.

Ammo, an earlier post mentioned you might post those pm's?  Sorry i just wanted to see Seifer at his lowest  :-D  :roll:

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009-06-19 21:20:45 »
Inciting? Oh I'm sorry I wasn't talking to you. That must have been a translation error too.

Ammo, an earlier post mentioned you might post those pm's?  Sorry i just wanted to see Seifer at his lowest  :-D  :roll:

He has already posted all of the pm's, I have better things to do with my time than post to him day in and out.  You are one of the worst trolls I have ever seen.  Don't you belong on Lifestream forums?

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009-06-19 21:22:09 »
Ahem. Ammo was who I was talking too. I'm not sure how to translate that better for you. Or maybe you thought it was an opinion?

FACT - I directed the question at Ammo, not Seifer.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009-06-19 21:24:40 »
Ahem. Ammo was who I was talking too. I'm not sure how to translate that better for you. Or maybe you thought it was an opinion?

FACT - I directed the question at Ammo, not Seifer.

if it is about pms I sent then obviously it is to do with me, you bloody idiot.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009-06-19 21:32:41 »
It may have to do with you but I wasn't talking to you, you bloody idiot.

Jari

« Reply #62 on: 2009-06-19 21:36:43 »
But seriously, this whole tread about a transliteration of a name?

Frankly, only thing I'm even slightly interested is whether 'Aeris' is a case of translator not having a look at the original material - for whatever reason - or a case of localization. Because 'Aerith' does sound as if you were speaking with a serious lisp.

When I was an angsty 15 year old - which was a f***ing long time ago, I used to think all localization was bad. But it's not. Case in point; Finnish translation of Harry Potter books - it's bloody brilliant. And it does something you don't normally do with translations; they translated some of the names, like Snape, into something that carried over the original intent very, very well, but at the same time was understandable to the younger readers. That translation received several awards and for a good reason, too. I could have read them in English just as well, but I didn't feel that I had to - I didn't lose anything by reading the translation and in fact I thought that some of the ideas were really clever.

D00dz, this thread is like a litmus test for FF7 fanboyism. Do you understand that you have argued for three pages over one syllable? ONE. f***ING. SYLLABLE. Which doesn't even really change the meaning of the name, I'd say that the link between Aerith and Earth is pretty weak - you won't lose much if you call her Aeris.

And Seifer, don't you ever dare to claim that you are not a FF7 fanboy. If you do, I'll just point you back to this thread.

PS. Seifer, actually it was you who posted most of the PMs. :-D

EDIT: guitar_dudester91, the PMs be here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8485.25 Takes a bit of an effort to sort them out, as Seifer mangled the quotes, but it should be fairly obvious who wrote what.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-19 21:40:08 by El Ammo Bandito! »

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009-06-19 21:38:37 »
Ammo, I would like a picture of you with a gold medal around your neck. Please.  :-D

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #64 on: 2009-06-20 11:49:35 »
D00dz, this thread is like a litmus test for FF7 fanboyism. Do you understand that you have argued for three pages over one syllable? ONE. f***ING. SYLLABLE. Which doesn't even really change the meaning of the name, I'd say that the link between Aerith and Earth is pretty weak - you won't lose much if you call her Aeris.

Exactly. Topic closed.

- Alhexx